PDA

View Full Version : Dog Nuvo

ksuchewie
2011-07-17, 11:15 AM
Wife and I had a groupon to Dog Nuvo (gourmet hot dogs) so we went there to try it out yesterday. Starting off when we got there the lady that took our order was pretty rude. All we got from her was, "What do you want?"...not a Hi, What would you like, thank you, etc... Total bill was $22 (2 hotdogs, 2 drinks, side of chips). My wife ordered the Le Peep and I had the KC. Got our drinks & sat down. Food was delivered pretty quickly (less than 5 minutes).
Hot dogs looked pretty good when we got them, but then I started to become a little dissapointed. The hot dogs themselves were not very impressive. Reminded me of cheap -on sale Oscar Meyer hot dog, so in my mind not very "gourmet". The topping though are what really made them good. The only thing I didn't like on my toppings were the pickles, again seemed like cheap off-brand pickles. The pickles weren't crisp and they were dark yellow from being processed cheaply. Wife was happy with hers & said she would come back to try the rueben hot dog. The chips we ordered were yummy. I probably won't go back. Didn't seem like I got much for a $6/$7 hotdog since I was still hungry when we left and I'm not a very big eater.

Mantooth
2011-07-17, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the review. :cheers:

Beowulf
2011-07-17, 02:10 PM
Aw, that's too bad. I went there with a few friends and had quite a good time. I forget what we got, but they were all good. Plus, we tried some of their soda.. forget what it is called. There was something about it.. homemade or whatever. I will admit it was a bit pricey for it being hotdogs, but they are gourmet, so that is to be expected.

ksuchewie
2011-07-17, 04:23 PM
I will admit it was a bit pricey for it being hotdogs, but they are gourmet, so that is to be expected.

See that's what I was disappointed with, It wasn't very gourmet in my opinion. I don't mind paying extra if it actually is better.

fwiw, they only had coke & diet coke.