PDA

View Full Version : We bought a Wheat State Pizza!

Retsnom
2011-09-07, 10:21 PM
Well it is official, Drew Hinricks and I partnered up and purchased the Wheat State Pizza franchise in Olathe, located at 135th and Blackbob. We are in the process of hiring a few more people for cooks, front counter and drivers if anyone needs a job or some extra money. We are also doing a bunch of remodeling/redecorating and hope to have a late season bike night soon. We will also be hosting some cool events like weekly poker, open mic night, our version of first Friday with local art work and local musicians as well as supporting survivorsoffallenriders.org

I am hoping to have beer by October and 90% of the remodeling finished by then. We are remaining open while we do this so please feel free to come by and I will give you 10% if you are on your motorcycle. If you guys know of anyone out here needing work or an artist that might be interested in showcasing their artwork have them get a hold of me here at the restaurant, 913-764-7992.

We are also have a late, end of the season sport bike nights but all are welcome starting Thursday evening. Greg and the guys are meeting up to ride out, September 8 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Meet at QT on Barry Rd near Congress

Second meeting place:

Location: Latte Land on the Plaza at 7:30pm and then be continuing to ride from there eventually ending up at Wheat State Pizza in Olathe around 8:30-9:00pm

Yeah I know it is late notice as most of this is posted on Facebook. So Like Wheat State Pizza Olathe on Facebook and come on out.

Thanks guys and cannot wait to get this really rocking.
Retsnom

spikejnz
2011-09-07, 11:30 PM
That's the one next to Sport Cuts and Jose Poopers, right? Never been there, but I'll drop by and try it out. I live and work just a few minutes away, so...

Congrats! I'd love to do a franchise some day.

Right now, though, I just want the Honda with the shitty exhaust to stop buzzing 143rd.

Retsnom
2011-09-08, 12:12 AM
That's the one next to Sport Cuts and Jose Poopers, right? Never been there, but I'll drop by and try it out. I live and work just a few minutes away, so...

Congrats! I'd love to do a franchise some day.

Right now, though, I just want the Honda with the shitty exhaust to stop buzzing 143rd.:thumbsup:
Yeah man that is the location. Stop by and say hi.

Retsnom
2011-09-14, 10:25 PM
Just a heads up, the answer is YES for this weeks sport bike night this Thursday Sept 15th. We are also initiating the Gorilla challenge. It is our 1 topping, 24", 2 feet diameter, 8 lbs of pizza goodness eaten by a challenger within 1 hour where you are not allowed to leave the table, and receive not help in eating it. If you accept the challenge and succeed you not only get the $40 pizza for free but will take home $100 cold hard cash. But if you fail, you have to pay for the pizza and hang your head in shame. Then $10 will be added to the pot for the next challenger. So who is willing to take up the challenge?

KUweatherman
2011-09-15, 11:40 PM
8lbs of pizza in an hour? :lol2: Good luck with that.

WheaMyRyceGo
2011-09-16, 01:56 AM
8lbs of pizza in an hour? :lol2: Good luck with that.

Yeah 8 lbs of food is a BIT to much :lolg:

ItalionStallion888
2011-09-16, 10:21 AM
I hope the service gets better, we went in one time and never went back.

Retsnom
2011-09-21, 07:59 PM
I hope the service gets better, we went in one time and never went back.
New Owners, new attitude. Working really hard to repair the damage the previous owner inflicted. Almost done with phase 1 of remodeling.

ItalionStallion888
2011-09-21, 08:05 PM
New Owners, new attitude. Working really hard to repair the damage the previous owner inflicted. Almost done with phase 1 of remodeling.

we live right around the corner, we will stop in when it's all done and give it another try.

Mobbes
2011-09-21, 08:56 PM
Interested to try this place out.

raCeR_X
2011-09-21, 09:42 PM
Well it is official, Drew Hinricks and I partnered up and purchased the Wheat State Pizza franchise in Olathe, located at 135th and Blackbob. We are in the process of hiring a few more people for cooks, front counter and drivers if anyone needs a job or some extra money. We are also doing a bunch of remodeling/redecorating and hope to have a late season bike night soon. We will also be hosting some cool events like weekly poker, open mic night, our version of first Friday with local art work and local musicians as well as supporting survivorsoffallenriders.org

I am hoping to have beer by October and 90% of the remodeling finished by then. We are remaining open while we do this so please feel free to come by and I will give you 10% if you are on your motorcycle. If you guys know of anyone out here needing work or an artist that might be interested in showcasing their artwork have them get a hold of me here at the restaurant, 913-764-7992.

We are also have a late, end of the season sport bike nights but all are welcome starting Thursday evening. Greg and the guys are meeting up to ride out, September 8 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Meet at QT on Barry Rd near Congress

Second meeting place:

Location: Latte Land on the Plaza at 7:30pm and then be continuing to ride from there eventually ending up at Wheat State Pizza in Olathe around 8:30-9:00pm

Yeah I know it is late notice as most of this is posted on Facebook. So Like Wheat State Pizza Olathe on Facebook and come on out.

Thanks guys and cannot wait to get this really rocking.
Retsnom

Congrats to stepping out to produce your own wealth! I worked w/the owner and originator of Wheat State Pizza before he launched his own business and he was a great boss. If I'm ever out in Olathe, I'll stop in for some pizza.

LSorange5.0
2011-09-22, 10:30 AM
The Wheat state in Pittsburg ks does a "midnight slice" deal where some slices are 2-3 dollars from midnight-3am Thurs-Sat nights. I dont know the age demographics in your area but I am pretty sure Midnight Slice down here brings in 2/3 if not more of the business. So that might be a good idea to help bring a younger crowd in

spikejnz
2011-09-22, 02:11 PM
I would think that would work if this WSP were next to a group of bars, but it's next to a Sport Cuts and an ink cartridge store.

...and Advance Auto Parts.

Retsnom
2011-09-22, 05:15 PM
I would think that would work if this WSP were next to a group of bars, but it's next to a Sport Cuts and an ink cartridge store.

...and Advance Auto Parts.LOLS that and we are in suburbia so I am having to create an atmosphere which is a little tough out here but getting beer in a few weeks so that should help as there is only 1 other place to get a beer in this 4 corners. Bike night has been real successful on Thursday nights. Looking into doing an invitation only poker tournament on Tues for points and prizes, grand prize being a $200 sponsorship to a WSOP satellite tournament, Service industry Appreciation day on Mondays specially after I get the liquor license. Of course always open to host some charity event like on Oct 13, Hardford's Memorial Midnight Ride and charity for SOFR http://www.survivorsoffallenriders.org

If you guys have any ideas or want to do something out there let me know.