PDA

View Full Version : Replacement windows, recommendations? help

Curbs_scare_me
2011-09-14, 10:34 PM
Last year we purchased our first house and have been working on it since. It has come time were we want to replace all 10 windows in our house. The house was built in 86 and it definetly seems it is time for an upgrade. We have had several companies come out and give us quotes; sears (the worst of the group, terrible salesmen), champion, energy pro, pella, and windora. As of now we were thinking of going with energy pro as they gave us a decent price quote and came with the most info. What are your guys thoughts on these companies? any complaints? would you recommend somebody outside this group? We are of course looking for the best quality at a decent price, any help would be eppreciated. Thanks!

JDLM
2011-09-14, 10:55 PM
My wife an I went with Window World and had all of ours replaced and even a front door, I can give you contact info if you'd like :cheers:

fast895ohstang
2011-09-15, 01:04 AM
http://alenconline.com/ call and talk to jon

djquik1
2011-09-15, 09:32 AM
We just went with Barnman Windows out of Lawrence. He sells Heartland windows, Vinyl Clad/Low-E/ Argon filled. We had 9 windows done for $2k less than any of the other bids and we had everyone you had out except Energy pro. They also carry a lifetime warranty. If you would like his information, I would be happy to pm it to you.

gftgrill
2011-09-16, 03:18 PM
my friends did theirs with Anderson. They were extremely happy with everything (except price) but they did a great job and the windows still look great 5 years later.

CrazieAccord
2011-09-19, 04:23 PM
My wife an I went with Window World and had all of ours replaced and even a front door, I can give you contact info if you'd like :cheers:

This. They were recommended to me by a friend. JDLM used them off a recommendation from me and my Dad also got windows from Window World after I had mine installed. Best bang for the buck for sure.

soitshallbe
2012-02-10, 03:44 PM
I fix houses for a living and have installed many vinyl windows. Pella Thermastar windows are good for the money. There are others on this thread that I would not even conseder. Good luck to you,
Chris

Jalt28
2012-02-10, 07:54 PM
all very good options but i install windows for a living for home depot. i can get the same thing they sell for a fraction of the cost i can do any and every type of window out there

pm me if youre interested in meeting with you