PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Lee's Summit?

mild83
2011-10-11, 01:22 PM
In Lee's Summit for a few days, never really been to this area. Where's good for lunch? Sit down or fast-ish food.

cseaman
2011-10-11, 03:22 PM
Next Door Pizza. It's an actual local-owned pizza joint that's in New Longview next to Longview Community College, and it's fucking excellent. They also have a lunch buffet, I've never had that though. I've spent basically my whole life in LS and that's the first place that came to mind for ya.

mild83
2011-10-11, 05:17 PM
Next Door Pizza. It's an actual local-owned pizza joint that's in New Longview next to Longview Community College, and it's fucking excellent. They also have a lunch buffet, I've never had that though. I've spent basically my whole life in LS and that's the first place that came to mind for ya.

Thanks for the suggestion. After driving around for 35 mins (I've never spent any time in this area), couldn't find anything. Saw this place, stopped in and ate. Got the chicken Parm sandwich. Even though I wanted the pasta dish, it wasn't bad, lol.

KansasRSX
2011-10-11, 06:27 PM
Maggies mexican in downtown ls

Mike V
2011-10-11, 07:15 PM
I know this is late but the Filling Station BBQ place is pretty good.

CaptainHook
2011-10-12, 03:31 PM
Stuey McBrews. Wings and burgers and tacos.

ST3V3N
2011-10-12, 05:47 PM
I know this is late but the Filling Station BBQ place is pretty good.

filling station is the shit.

Matticus
2011-10-12, 09:53 PM
Legends of Asia...best chinese buffet I have ever been. they have a fairly legit sushi bar, mongolian bbq, and all your regular chinese buffet items...all one price. Its pretty good

kenshin138
2011-10-28, 03:15 PM
Maggies mexican in downtown ls

Sorry, can't recommend this place at all. Some of the worst mexican food I've ever ate. Their enchiladas taste like frozen ones you'd get at the grocery store. The staff was friendly, but I'll never eat there again. I don't often feel robbed of my money at a place, but this was one of those times.

Oh yea, Fiesta Azteca on 291 (newer) is crap too.

--

Sakura is a chinese/japanese place in the shopping center east of 470 and chipman. My wife likes their sushi quite a bit. Their chinese leaves a little to be desired though.

Thai Spice is good. Not as good as say Thai Place in OP, but still pretty good.

As mentioned Next Door Pizza is pretty good.

Gusto Coffee across the street has good coffee and pretty good humus as well. I like to hang out there from time to time. Very good Chai Tea also.

Mirchies is a good lunch Indian place. I call it an "Indian Chipotle".

Filling Station is hit or miss for me. I've ate there a few times and had both good, and average, food.

Honestly, LS has mostly chain restaurants. And even then we never seem to have enough of them for the population.