PDA

View Full Version : Fish Recipes

CaptainHook
2012-02-15, 11:56 AM
So, I decided to start eating fish again, I have always disliked the taste of fish, but recently I tried a few variations and was okay with the taste. I like Basa, Spoonbill, Salmon, Roughy, however, I HATE catfish. What ideas do you have? The last I had was lemon pepper and butter on salmon, with cheese stuffed in it. Was pretty fucking good.

icemangsr
2012-02-29, 01:58 PM
panko crusted. you can add any spices you wish. also can try added crushed nuts to it. bake or fry.

Ceena John
2012-03-08, 11:51 PM
Fish Recipes having a delicious taste so we will never ignore any impact and be confident in any stage so get perfect morale for well demand.

Alton
2012-03-20, 07:28 AM
Such a nice comment,..
I like the fish recipes.Fish having delicious taste.Fish is the best recipe
for good energy and good fitness.It giving us good nutrition.Thanks a lot.

CherryGun
2012-07-04, 12:39 PM
Smoke fish with Apple hickory chips and a homemade rub!

Dales
2012-07-18, 06:09 AM
Hi CaptainHook,
Wise decision of adding fish in your meals as fish is great for health, brain and vision. Fish helps in losing and maintaining healthy body weight. Fish lowers cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure and reduce the risk of depression, cardiovascular disease, certain types of cancer, joint pains.

Ryan Stewart
2012-07-18, 08:11 AM
Plank that shit. Go to the store and get untreated cedar/alder, soak that shit and then indirect heat over a hot ass grille (gas is fine, the toast/flavor comes from the plank).

Just stick with fast moving predators and you should be fine. Catfish are a specific type and have a very specific taste. Thinks like Salmon, Tuna, etc are considerable more "meaty." If you get good fish you dont really need a recipie, just a little salt, pepper and citrus and youre good to go.

duttbart
2012-07-18, 08:27 AM
we made this recipe on the 4th with some fresh caught mahi.

recipe stolen from bobby flay - pictures taken by me.

Tacos:

1 pound white flaky fish, such as mahi mahi or orata
1/4 cup canola oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoons ancho chili powder
1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
8 flour tortillas

Garnish:

Shredded white cabbage
Hot sauce
Crema or sour cream
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced green onion
Chopped cilantro leaves
Pureed Tomato Salsa, recipe follows

Directions

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place fish in a medium size dish. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, ancho, jalapeno, and cilantro and pour over the fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side and then flip for 30 seconds and remove. Let rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.

Place the tortillas on the grill and grill for 20 seconds. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with any or all of the garnishes.

http://i47.tinypic.com/r8eznm.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/1z4fjoz.jpg

sorry i don't have any of the finished product, was getting too tipsy. :lol:

icemangsr
2012-07-27, 11:12 AM
very nice very nice!

ILoveLamp
2012-08-03, 06:43 PM
Plank that shit. Go to the store and get untreated cedar/alder, soak that shit and then indirect heat over a hot ass grille (gas is fine, the toast/flavor comes from the plank).

Just stick with fast moving predators and you should be fine. Catfish are a specific type and have a very specific taste. Thinks like Salmon, Tuna, etc are considerable more "meaty." If you get good fish you dont really need a recipie, just a little salt, pepper and citrus and youre good to go.

Planked fish - especially white fish(like tilapia, halibut, etc) - are FANTASTIC!!! And fish is good by itself, so generally one doesn't need a lot for it as far as seasonings.

Most American pallettes love extra crunch factors, so panko breadcrumbs are good, as well as other store-bought breadings can be a fantastic addition. If you want to deep-fry fish, soak in buttermilk with salt and pepper for about 30 mins, dredge in flour and season. Let that SIT for at least 10 minutes so it can REALLY get that crunch factor.

Or if you want a simple pan sear, just season lightly with parsley, salt and pepper, then pan-fry with a neutral oil(my favorite is grapeseed) and serve it with pasta or rice. OR you can fry it in butter and, once the fish is cooked, whisk in a bit of lemon juice and some more butter to create a butter sauce.