PDA

View Full Version : Dining near Crowne Center

GKV
2012-05-10, 02:39 PM
This Sunday I'm taking my wife and son to the new aquarium in Crowne Center for Mother's Day. I've heard it's not all that impressive but she really wants to go so I figured I would surprise her. Afterward I want to go out to eat at a nice restaurant that would also be "family-friendly". My son is 15 months old and those of you with children know that they are very unpredictable. The last thing I want to do is upset someone during their Mother's Day dinner. I don't dine downtown often so I'm not familiar with the options. Any ideas?

SC/TGrandAm
2012-05-10, 03:01 PM
It's Crown Center btw.
The aquarium, is actually pretty cool despite what people that haven't been there have said.

As far as family friendly places, Fritz's inside Crown Center is family friendly, as well as, Crayola Cafe is. Neither are "nice" as in fine dining. If you want to leave Crown Center then your options become much greater, but it depends on what you're in the mood for.

GKV
2012-05-10, 03:08 PM
Oops, I thought it had an "E" on the end. Anyway, outside of Crown Center is what I meant. What I don't want is to go to a place like Capital Grill and piss people off when Parker lets out a shriek or drops some food on the floor. They must also have a kids menu.

Molon Labe
2012-05-10, 03:36 PM
Houhlihans is family friendly. Place isn't quiet but not loud either. They also have a kids menu. I think there is one on the plaza and it is a casual nice or you can dress up if you like. It's great for people like us who have small children.

GKV
2012-05-10, 03:41 PM
That sounds like the type of suggestion I'm looking for. I'll check it out...any others?

Hegro
2012-05-10, 03:45 PM
Well I know you said outside Crown Center and Fritz's has already been mentioned but going to suggest it again if you have never been. Your son would love all the little trains going around on the ceiling dropping peoples food off. Hell I haven't been there in years and would still love to go back.

Molon Labe
2012-05-10, 04:04 PM
That sounds like the type of suggestion I'm looking for. I'll check it out...any others?

I eat at the one in Olathe and its always fine. The volume is like people talking at a normal volume level. I think it would be a great place.

However I know there is 1 on 95th, you really should check to see if there is one on the plaza. I would hate for you to go to the plaza and can't find the place if it doesn't exhist so please check. But I swear its a great place and is family friendly. My son loves the kids menu.

I can't honestly think of another nice restaurant near the crown center or the plaza that is what your looking for. I think houlihans is your only choice of a nice place.

Might want to make a reservation too if its mothers day.

GKV
2012-05-10, 04:11 PM
I'm more concerned with my wife enjoying the restaurant and food than my son on this occasion since it's Mother's Day. I know she would love to go to Gojo's but that's probably not the ideal place to take a 15 month old.

Brick.
2012-05-10, 04:37 PM
My recommendation is anywhere that has a fish option on the menu.

SC/TGrandAm
2012-05-10, 05:24 PM
Houhlihans is family friendly. Place isn't quiet but not loud either. They also have a kids menu. I think there is one on the plaza and it is a casual nice or you can dress up if you like. It's great for people like us who have small children.

There is not a Houlihan's on the Plaza. There is a Houston's, but it's not the same type of restaurant.
Maybe Cheesecake Factory?
There is a Bristol at Power & Light district on 14th street that's pretty good.
I don't have a kid so I'm not sure what places do and don't have kids menu's unless it's instantly obvious.

GKV
2012-05-10, 05:31 PM
I thought about The Cheesecake Factory but I've never been and don't know what the environment is like. What about Jazz? Anyone know if they are kid friendly?