PDA

View Full Version : Pierpont's or Drum Room?

KansasRSX
2012-05-11, 07:00 PM
Gotta take the lady out tomorrow for dinner. T.A.S.T.E apparently closed which makes me sad so we are going to try something new. Looking at Open Table for places with open reservations and we've narrowed it down to these 3 as options we are both interested in. Who's been to them and what did you think?

Ebanks
2012-05-11, 07:14 PM
Honestly, they both suck. Not trying to be difficult but they do.

KansasRSX
2012-05-11, 07:16 PM

Suggestions?

Not Justus, Ruth Chris, Plaza III, Or Capital

DanenGraham
2012-05-11, 08:00 PM
Em Chamas or Fogo?

ItalionStallion888
2012-05-11, 08:41 PM
j. gilberts and get the medallions

SC/TGrandAm
2012-05-11, 09:16 PM
Pierponts.

aira
2012-05-11, 09:32 PM
Michael Smith.

KansasRSX
2012-05-11, 10:06 PM
Michael Smith.

No availibilty til 9pm. That was our first choice.

Sully
2012-05-11, 10:47 PM
No availibilty til 9pm. That was our first choice.

Still worth it. Or try his place next door

pynikal
2012-05-11, 10:56 PM
rumors steakhouse in Lees Summit is good. or the bristol

Ebanks
2012-05-12, 12:14 AM
Le fou frog maybe? Assuming you're wanting to be down townish based on your first two picks...

MountainDew
2012-05-12, 12:22 AM
Red Lobster

phreakdna
2012-05-12, 10:21 AM
Julian? Story?

just don't know how big your circle is willing to go. if you're locked into one of those two I would say Pierpont's (seems to have some good nights mixed in with the meh).

KansasRSX
2012-05-12, 03:14 PM
We are going to Pierpont's. The reviews were better overall than Drum room. Le Lou Frog was booked up til 9 as was Michael Smith and we have a kid to get home to.

Mudduck
2012-05-12, 08:25 PM
Great food, great surroundings. Right now they have a Titanic menu with the actual dinners served on the Titanic.

Happy Hour - best in town.

SC/TGrandAm
2012-05-12, 09:34 PM
Pierponts is really good, you'll be happy with that.

KansasRSX
2012-05-12, 09:38 PM
It was delicious. They have a small plates style 4 course meal so I had:

Crab Cake
Crab & Corn Bisque
Lobster Thermidore
Key Lime Tart

2 Boulevard Wheats
1 Boss Tom's Golden Bock

Wifey had:
Rissoto
Crab & Corn Bisque
Filet Mignon
Creme Brulee

Ice Tea

It was a great meal and our server was fantastic, food came out quick, but not so fast that you feel rushed. I would eat there again. All in all for as much food as we got I was very pleased with the price.

bkoerper
2012-05-14, 06:27 PM
If you're looking for another place, check out The Rieger Hotel
http://www.theriegerkc.com/menu/
http://www.opentable.com/the-rieger-hotel-grill-and-exchange

The food and cocktails are really great, and downstairs is Manifesto.
http://www.theriegerkc.com/manifesto/

Timothy Leary
2012-05-15, 07:14 AM
If you're looking for another place, check out The Rieger Hotel
http://www.theriegerkc.com/menu/
http://www.opentable.com/the-rieger-hotel-grill-and-exchange

i was seriously coming into this thread to post this. Hands down the best food and drinks you will get in all of KC. PERIOD. and you dont even need to use open table you can just text the location to make your reservation its great. The head chef is the one that was kicking it with anthony bourdain at green dirt farms in his KC episode... the dude that said "could you imagine how good strouds would be if they used good chicken". Howard hannah rocks!

Ryan Stewart
2012-05-15, 08:30 AM

Ive enjoyed Pierponts but honestly you really go for the bar and the happy hour. Its been a while since I have been there for dinner but I recall both the food and the service were good.

Plus its a beautiful building and a nice atmosphere.

Ebanks
2012-05-15, 10:20 AM
Ive enjoyed Pierponts but honestly you really go for the bar and the happy hour. Its been a while since I have been there for dinner but I recall both the food and the service were good.

Plus its a beautiful building and a nice atmosphere.

Perhaps suck is a strong word, but I really find Pierponts to be mediocre considering the competition in town. I haven't ever been revolted by a meal there or anything, but I certainly haven't been overly impressed either.

Drum Room is another story. It's basically a mediocre hotel restaurant, not somewhere I would seek out if I wasn't staying there.

KansasRSX
2012-05-15, 09:00 PM
i was seriously coming into this thread to post this. Hands down the best food and drinks you will get in all of KC. PERIOD. and you dont even need to use open table you can just text the location to make your reservation its great. The head chef is the one that was kicking it with anthony bourdain at green dirt farms in his KC episode... the dude that said "could you imagine how good strouds would be if they used good chicken". Howard hannah rocks!

We use Open table for the perks :)

icemangsr
2013-05-23, 11:15 AM
We went to Pierpont's last night for dinner. It was very good, great presentation and def a top tier steak for kc imho. They actually cook medium correctly.

godchsr
2013-05-23, 12:13 PM

You're shittin me!?!? lol my wife and I drove around down there a couple weeks ago and couldn't fucking find Manifestos! lol Do you go in through Rieger or is there a side door somewhere?

Billy Mild
2013-05-23, 12:25 PM
You're shittin me!?!? lol my wife and I drove around down there a couple weeks ago and couldn't fucking find Manifestos! lol Do you go in through Rieger or is there a side door somewhere?

There is a backdoor. You need to text them in advance for the password. It is a speakeasy. I thought it sucked.

godchsr
2013-05-24, 05:06 PM
There is a backdoor. You need to text them in advance for the password. It is a speakeasy. I thought it sucked.

Ahhh... Now that is why my friend told me to go check it out. It's a throwback gimmick deal. How does a person find the # to text?

rambler
2013-05-24, 05:35 PM
I have eaten at Pierpont's before and pretty good, has anyone ever tried Julian's, I was impressed with the chief/owner when she competed in the "Iron Chief" competition..

Scooby24
2013-05-24, 11:18 PM
We had our anniversary dinner this year at pierponts and were very happy with the service and food. The steaks we had were amazing and their wine pairings were spot on.

SC/TGrandAm
2013-05-25, 12:01 AM
Perhaps suck is a strong word, but I really find Pierponts to be mediocre considering the competition in town. I haven't ever been revolted by a meal there or anything, but I certainly haven't been overly impressed either.

Drum Room is another story. It's basically a mediocre hotel restaurant, not somewhere I would seek out if I wasn't staying there.

If Pierponts "sucks" please enlighten me on where the "good" steaks are. I'm being serious, I love steak and want to find some place better and have yet to.

Sully
2013-05-25, 11:42 AM
If Pierponts "sucks" please enlighten me on where the "good" steaks are. I'm being serious, I love steak and want to find some place better and have yet to.

I think Pierponts is above average but my fav is michael smith.
For steak, Cap grille (chain restaurant) is a great dry aged steak