PDA

View Full Version : I was given a lifan gy 200 by a customer

JackintheBox214
2012-07-01, 09:51 AM
I moved a family last week and was given this enduro as a tip. Its a 2007 hisun/lifan gy 200cc. It looks pretty clean. Needs a new battery and carbs cleaned but fine other wise. Has clean title and everything.
Have any of you guys dealt with clone bikes? Remember that i got it for free and i plan to use it to get my moto endorsement and commute a bit until i upgrade to a "big boy" bike. I cant find too much on them online. Thanks guys

Billy Mild
2012-07-01, 02:29 PM
I have heard they vibrate so much that every single bolt and nut become loose. I would try and sell it if possible.

JackintheBox214
2012-07-01, 05:11 PM
Are you being serious or just trolling? If serious, is there even a market for clone bikes?

s13
2012-07-01, 11:15 PM
I know when I had my tomberlin madass a comon swap was the lifan engines. Have a friend that used to ride a lifan and he had no complaints. Let's see some pics.

bwiencek
2012-07-02, 03:25 PM
There is a market for them - but they're not worth much - they're super cheap to buy new so they're really really cheap used. They can be somewhat reliable enough to putt around on - if you were going to drive it on the street at speed I would go through it and loctite critical bolts before risking a failure.

Engines are "OK" - they of course are kockoffs but as long as you don't expect too much out of them, keep the valves adjusted and the oil changed you'll have plenty of fun with it. I've owned several knock-off kids dirt bikes and ATV's and got them all cheap because I've never run across one that didn't need SOMETHING fixed - fixed them up and let the kids knock them around and most of them I sold them for what I paid for them or a little more since they would start/run/drive well at the time...

JackintheBox214
2012-07-03, 08:32 AM
I will be doing mostly just commuting. It may see a gravel road or open field every once in a while. Ive read that for those who will be on the highway, its a good idea to switch sprockets on it. Anything else that i should switch to make my rides more enjoyable? Remember that im not going to dump too much money into it