PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Flush

Billy Mild
2012-07-13, 11:31 AM
I am looking to flush the coolant on the RZ in hopes of making it run a bit cooler for this hot weather. Does anyone use a special coolant flush when doing this?

I was thinking of running either engine ice or maybe just get some good aluminum safe coolant from the store and running more water and add water wetter? Which would be the better option?

perplexed
2012-07-13, 02:30 PM
i have never run any of the other types of coolants such as water wetter, ice or wutever ever. i never had a reason TO run it so i never have. i just use coolant and distilled water in a 50/50 mix. dunno if bike coolant is any different than car stuff.

YourWorstNightmare
2012-07-30, 11:46 PM
Get the blue stuff, called Engine Ice.

It really does help, I put it in my ZX-10R. It takes a LOT longer to get really hot, and it stays at a lower running temp by a few degrees even sitting at traffic lights in the Las Vegas heat.

Billy Mild
2012-07-31, 08:24 AM
Get the blue stuff, called Engine Ice.

It really does help, I put it in my ZX-10R. It takes a LOT longer to get really hot, and it stays at a lower running temp by a few degrees even sitting at traffic lights in the Las Vegas heat.

Since no one had it local I ended up just using some good Prestone coolant along with water wetter.

YourWorstNightmare
2012-07-31, 11:12 AM
Since no one had it local I ended up just using some good Prestone coolant along with water wetter.

www.cyclegear.com (http://www.cyclegear.com) has it. You can buy it by the 1/2 Gallon. My bike took one jug to do. It's already pre-mixed.