PDA

View Full Version : Q Hotel & Spa v. has anyone stayed there?

Weirdo on a moped
2013-01-13, 09:43 PM
Just curious if anyone here has stayed there and I am looking for a local's review/perspective.

turborotor89
2013-01-14, 05:14 PM
I stayed there a couple of months ago. It seemed like a pretty nice place. Location is everything with it being right in Westport. The room was pretty standard fare, except for the trendy touches. Overall I like it.

TheHawaiianturbo
2013-02-28, 04:46 PM
KCK Perspective checking in-

Another place leading with labels rather than substance. Service moved at a glacial pace. The "organic" and "green" tags got annoying and gave the rooms a cheap feel. This hotel is clearly marketed to new customers, no repeat business. I do think the location is perfect for bachelorette parties and amateur drinkers looking to stay the night in the big 'ol city. Cannot recommend staying at the Q for any reason but I don't have a desire to sleep inside a Target department store either.

mild83
2013-02-28, 05:02 PM
Stayed there for a night about 1 year ago. Nothing special. If it was under $100, it'd be worth it just for the location. Thehawaiianturbo hits it dead on, kind of feels like staying inside a Target.

Billy Mild
2013-02-28, 05:21 PM
My advice don't stay at the holiday inn at westport.

Ryan D
2013-02-28, 06:05 PM
Embassy Suites is nice and is right on the edge of Westport. Not a far walk.

ReidStylez
2013-02-28, 08:41 PM
You looking for a small getaway?

I saw someone on FB post this and did some looking at it and I think I may use it as a small weekend getaway for the gf and I.

http://www.elmshotelandspa.com/

It's in Excelsior Springs

Swiftuh
2013-03-01, 10:05 PM
I've stayed there. It was ok, I've stayed at much nicer hotels. There were tons of drunk people in their late mid 20's hanging around the lobby, bar and outside. Breakfast was good, but the environment felt like a soup kitchen to me and the black lady yelling at everyone to take their order and getting pissed when they wanted to many items in their omelet was annoying. The massages sucked, and you have to walk through the dinning area (we're the yelling black lady was) to get to a small hallway closet that led into the spa area, oooh la la. I wouldn't go back, though I didn't get bed bugs or crabs... So that was a plus.

Swiftuh
2013-03-01, 10:08 PM
You looking for a small getaway?

I saw someone on FB post this and did some looking at it and I think I may use it as a small weekend getaway for the gf and I.

http://www.elmshotelandspa.com/

It's in Excelsior Springs

This place is nice and classy if you wanted a romantic get away. Lots of history there, and a golf corse.

jwdb1fish
2013-03-03, 08:25 AM
+1 for the Elms.

A bit of a drive, but nice.

cbr_954
2013-03-03, 11:28 AM
Any hotels where i can get a jacuzzi in the room?

jwdb1fish
2013-03-03, 11:39 AM
Any hotels where i can get a jacuzzi in the room?

http://www.chateauavalonhotel.com/

I know a good place across the street to get a beer too :cheers: