PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Carriage Rides?

ksstang
2013-11-05, 07:27 AM
Hey all..... My wife mentioned something to me awhile back that she would like to do a carriage ride on the plaza for her bday this year. She said her family did one years back for a birthday of hers and wouldn't mind now that shes older doing it again. Just curious who all has done one recently, and how it was. I just don't wanna spend a ton of money on something that is cheesy, not worth the money, etc. Any info on them would be appriciated!

Thanks,

Kyle

Corners
2013-11-05, 07:59 AM
At least wait until they turn on the lights. Watch out for youths.

ksstang
2013-11-05, 08:59 AM
Sounds good. We would be doing it the very end of December if we do.

06g35meister
2013-11-05, 09:10 AM
Meh, smelly and cold as eff. Make sure and have some coffee or hot chocolate that you bring along. Not much you can do about the smell. I know Groupon had a few different options around the holidays, frankly I had one but never used it. Still have the cash value though so that's good...

87gn
2013-11-05, 09:12 AM
We took a carriage ride about 8 years ago. It was fun and the ladies like it. If she want's it for her birthday, then do it.

ksstang
2013-11-05, 09:45 AM
The smell doesnt bother me as we are very avid horse people. We have 3 of our own, and then her parents have 9. So... We are around the smell every day, lol!

duttbart
2013-11-05, 09:52 AM
a friend of mine was in town with his wife and two kids a couple weeks ago. the kids wanted to go on a ride so we agreed. 4 adults and 2 kids = $80 for 15 minute ride. plus $20 tip.

ksstang
2013-11-05, 09:56 AM
a friend of mine was in town with his wife and two kids a couple weeks ago. the kids wanted to go on a ride so we agreed. 4 adults and 2 kids = $80 for 15 minute ride. plus $20 tip.

Wow, sounds alittle steep for only 15min I think. Maybe not though. All our horse crap is expensive!

Ryan Stewart
2013-11-05, 10:13 AM
God its been 7-8 years since I did that. Like said its only valuable when its Christmas time (and lights are on) but every girl I have taken has loved it. I dont really recall much of a smell, couple times some self-righteous hippy bitch yelled something about animal cruelty.

ksstang
2013-11-05, 10:20 AM
God its been 7-8 years since I did that. Like said its only valuable when its Christmas time (and lights are on) but every girl I have taken has loved it. I dont really recall much of a smell, couple times some self-righteous hippy bitch yelled something about animal cruelty.

We hear that everytime we ride in parades with ours. I've even been told I'm an asshole at the fuel pump when hauling ours because they are coop'd up in a trailer. Some people just don't get it.

Ryan Stewart
2013-11-05, 10:33 AM
We hear that everytime we ride in parades with ours. I've even been told I'm an asshole at the fuel pump when hauling ours because they are coop'd up in a trailer. Some people just don't get it.

Its because they are fucking morons in general, it really has nothing to do with your "pet." I had one of those dumb bitches tell me that humans are exclusively violent.

Sylva
2013-11-06, 06:40 PM
At least wait until they turn on the lights. Watch out for youths.

lol

I take it you're not actually down there very much. I live there and have 0 "youths" issues, ever.

mild83
2013-11-06, 07:07 PM
Make sure you bring a blanket large enough for your old lady's head to be covered.

rambler
2013-11-06, 08:36 PM
I have rode them but that was 10 years ago, very expensive.. as to horses, we have 9 as well, and use to ride in the american royal parades, but too dangerous trying to get back to the trailer after the parade, as there was no support once the parade was over... no love for horses there..

ST3V3N
2013-11-07, 12:53 AM
I took my lady to go last winter. If I recall I think the standard one was $50 and the princess one with the lights(or whatever its called) was $60. We went around closing time and we were the last carriage of the day so the driver slowed down the pace and it lasted a little longer. I think it's worth it.

ksstang
2013-11-07, 07:14 AM
I have rode them but that was 10 years ago, very expensive.. as to horses, we have 9 as well, and use to ride in the american royal parades, but too dangerous trying to get back to the trailer after the parade, as there was no support once the parade was over... no love for horses there..

Thats the truth! Thats the main reason I don't ride in the annual Christmas Parade here in Lawrence. My wife still does, but I have no patience for the idots on the streets afterwards, so I go sit and watch instead!

esp4life
2013-12-17, 02:25 PM
My wife, daughter, and I did a carriage ride for my wife's birthday this past Sunday evening. We are not used to being around horses and weren't bothered by any smells. The carriage we were in had blankets that kept the wife and daughter warm, and I was warm enough with what I had on. We did a Cinderella carriage, which was $65 for the three of us plus a $10 tip. I think the trip was about 15 minutes long, which was more than enough for us. This was our first time doing a carriage ride and it was worth it. I'm not sure about the other carriages, but the Cinderella carriage we had had speakers playing Christmas/Holiday music which made it a bit hard to hear the driver at times, but wasn't so loud that we couldn't talk amongst ourselves. The only "problem" I had was the impatient drivers speeding around the carriage, but that only happened twice and had no real effect on the ride itself.