PDA

View Full Version : To my offroaders out there............

YourWorstNightmare
2014-01-19, 08:49 PM
Looking at buying my boy and myself some dirt bikes this year.

What models do you guys ride, and how do they compare to other brands, etc?

My boy figured out how to use a clutch, and 1-down 4-up real fast on my pit bike, so he's definitely not limited to "semi auto's".

He's 10 years old, and is a total badass on 2 wheels.

For myself, I'm looking at newer or new 450 4-strokes. I've ridden plenty of high-powered machines, and can handle it accordingly.

On the topic of offroaders... also.. any suggestions on side-by-sides?

My lady wants one to take the girls out in, and so we're looking at 4-seater models. I'm pretty torn between the Arctic Cat, the Can-Am Maverick Max, and the Polaris Razr. My 1 chief complaint with the Razr is that it's slightly under-powered compared to the other two, and its ground clearance is non-existent compared to the Arctic-Cat.

Ideas fellas?

Also... one last thing... what are good semi-auto Quads to look at? To round out the stable, we're looking at 2 of them possibly and for the girls, it'd be great for them not to have to shift.

So the list is:

1 450cc 4-stroke dirt bike, new, or almost new model
1 110cc 4-stroke dirtbike, new, or almost new (or close to it in size)
2 Semi-Auto / Auto smaller CC Quads
1 4-seater Side-by-side w/ big ground clearance, and plenty of power.

Billy Mild
2014-01-20, 12:33 PM
Don't get 4 strokes. Get the kid a small 80cc. two stroke and get yourself a good sized 300 KTM.

brveagle
2014-01-20, 02:48 PM
I would also recommend a 80cc 2 stroke for the kid. Big boy bikes are just preference on brand and 2t/4t.

Where do you plan on riding these toys at?

YourWorstNightmare
2014-01-20, 04:11 PM
I would also recommend a 80cc 2 stroke for the kid. Big boy bikes are just preference on brand and 2t/4t.

Where do you plan on riding these toys at?

Well, here's one spot:

http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.418

:thumbsup:

There's a lot more spots I have in mind as well.

Ive already ridden out here:

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/index.php?app=gallery

There's several ORV areas I've researched, and we'll be doing lots of weekend camping / riding trips. It's what we really have a blast doing.

:cheers:

brveagle
2014-01-20, 06:49 PM
Heck if you are going to oklahoma to ride sand dunes,might as well go to waynoka.

YourWorstNightmare
2014-01-20, 08:26 PM
Heck if you are going to oklahoma to ride sand dunes,might as well go to waynoka.

I don't live in KS. lol. Id never drive that far from KS.