PDA

View Full Version : Romantic night on the town...suggestions?

QwikSHO
2015-05-22, 07:06 PM
When I return from my deployment, I plan on taking my wife out on the town in KC. Looking for a really nice steakhouse (pricey is okay, but not like break the bank expensive) and then bars/clubs to go to...neither of us have "went out" in KC...so looking for ideas.

Also are there any hotels in the area with jacuzzi/hot tubs in the room?

Thanks in advance...

mild83
2015-05-22, 07:42 PM
PIITB

T3H D0C
2015-05-23, 12:19 AM
Rusty, the wife and I have stayed at the Chateau Avalon and really enjoyed it. It's a B&B but they have themed rooms, I believe we stayed in the Monte Cristo suite and it had a spa tub, but don't quote me on that. They also offer all sorts of romance and massage packages. The wife enjoyed it so it was worth the money spent.

I've had a couple of meetings at 801 Chophouse with clients and have thought it would be a great place for a date. Not the best steak I've ever had but still very good. I'm sure there are more/better but 801 is in the P&L area.

I've been to a few more but I think the KC natives can chime in some hidden gems off the beaten path.

Kyle Bryan k
2015-05-23, 09:48 AM
I don't know about bars hotels etc but antons on main st is very good place to get a steak. Cowboy steak ftw

http://antonskc.com/

dstock1088
2015-05-23, 10:49 AM
I have heard great things about chateau Avalon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-dubbin
2015-05-24, 12:45 AM
I second 801 chop house. Great whiskey selection and awesome steaks. Plan on spending $200+

jwdb1fish
2015-05-25, 02:22 PM
Cocktails- Manifesto

Dinner- Capital Grille

NoBuddy
2015-05-26, 01:17 AM
Home...put kids to bed (if there are any), make dinner together, bottle of wine (or 6 pack of fav brew), laughs, movie on the couch, hold her close. Beats the shit out of any $100+ meal and drinks. Company matters, not environment...always.

QwikSHO
2015-05-26, 05:17 AM
Home...put kids to bed (if there are any), make dinner together, bottle of wine (or 6 pack of fav brew), laughs, movie on the couch, hold her close. Beats the shit out of any $100+ meal and drinks. Company matters, not environment...always.

With kids, we get many nights to spend time with one another. I'm sure we will have a night or two like this when I get home.

Getting the chance to drop the kids off at Grandma's and us getting a full day without the kids is rare and I don't mind dropping the coin to enjoy the "freedom" to the fullest.

NoBuddy
2015-05-26, 08:56 AM
Right on. Check out Phillip hotel (or something like that) it's around 12th and Main.

NickW936
2017-03-07, 10:35 AM
Pierpont's in Union Station is a great choice! Probably be about $100 for both of you not including any alcohol. Also, I have never eaten here but supposedly BlueStem is a really nice date spot as well. Appreciate your service sir.