PDA

View Full Version : NYE 2017/18 Celebrations

DIYAutoRepair
2017-12-19, 04:00 PM
Where is a good place to go and bring in the new year here in KC?

I have heard of the Temple, Voodoo Lounge, Black Party and most restaurants and clubs have parties.

Looking for recommendations along with pro's and con's of different parties.

Keboh
2017-12-19, 04:40 PM
Going out on NYE is a sure fire way to spend too much money to have an underwhelming time.

Some holidays are great for bars (ex. St. Patty's Day, Oktoberfest, Valentines Day, Birthdays). Some holidays are best to just go to a house party or get together... NYE is definitely this type of holiday.

I've done Waldo's NYE, PnL NYE, and one of the big parties in a warehouse (can't remember what it was called). All of them were over priced, way too packed with way too drunk of people, not that fun, and a PITA to get home from.

BuddyLee
2017-12-19, 06:08 PM
Wish I had something to add. I've heard people talk of the Temple and some Hanger at downtown airport.

I always just throw a party for the block.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jwdb1fish
2017-12-19, 06:22 PM
The wife and I have a room at the Plaza Marriott, then dinner at Capital Grille and reservations at The Cigar Box to ring in the new year.

jwdb1fish
2017-12-19, 06:23 PM
Going out on NYE is a sure fire way to spend too much money to have an underwhelming time.

Some holidays are great for bars (ex. St. Patty's Day, Oktoberfest, Valentines Day, Birthdays). Some holidays are best to just go to a house party or get together... NYE is definitely this type of holiday.

I've done Waldo's NYE, PnL NYE, and one of the big parties in a warehouse (can't remember what it was called). All of them were over priced, way too packed with way too drunk of people, not that fun, and a PITA to get home from.

BDF talk.

Wallace
2017-12-19, 10:45 PM
Temple was actually really fun last year. Still a pain to get home but at least they have a free shuttle back to Crown center where it was easier to get an Uber home.

Went to the Hangar party a couple years ago and it was actually pretty fun until the end of the night when all of the staff got aggressive and drunk. That one was impossible to get home. Kicked everyone outside in the freezing cold and none of the cabs knew where to pick people up.