PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Honda Civic Ex w/ b18c1/c5 internals

BINX
2010-11-10, 12:08 PM
I am VERY regretfully selling this car.

Itís the only car Iíve ever had that ran so wonderfully and did everything it was supposed to .

I need money for a place to live , I am trying to sell this in 30 days. This car is a GREAT DD or even an auto-x car if your into that sort of thing. This car has never been tracked or abused , I actually bought the car as an alternative to a nice stock civic si or integra GSR. I was liikeing at 6k+ for low mileage cars and even then the Siís and GSRís had 80k miles or more. Which is a lot.

So my friend Ryan Alder , told me about this car he built , and I drove it and it drives like a brand new civic . so , I bought it. Love it . but times are tough and I need something that isinít so small so I can haul , and I also need my GF to be able to drive on long trips , this keeps us from being able to take the civic wherever we need to go , NOW , onto the important stuff.

SPECS:

1998 EJ8 EX Civic chassis has around 150k on it.(drivetrain has less than 10k)

The color is Vogue Silver Metallic and is only 2 years old.

It has a 2000 civic front end with Si grill , and basically brand new headlights , they look AMAZING. Really brings out the niceness in this car.

MOTOR has about 8000-9000 miles I bought it with around 4500 is what he said , and only drove it 3-4k miles if that.

MOTOR: GSR block (b18c1)with All Integra type R internals(b18c5), even the head .
KMS Valvetrain.
ITR cams
ITR TB
ITR intake

The motor idles at 800 just like it should , has GREAT compression ,and runs without any leaks or issues. I have replaced the oil pan gasket before because they like to leak but I have kept and eye on this one and it seems fine . thatís the one and only issue I have had with this car.

Transmission:

S80 GSR transmission with no grinds or popouts or anything weird at all. Ryan went through and opened up the transmission right before I bought the car , it shifts great and I have 0 complaints.

It has a OEM clutch less that just turned 9 months old , and still feels great.

Suspension: the car has Koni yellow struts
Ground control coilovers
All 4 tophats as well which are pretty rare.

the ride is AWESOME for a car that is lowered,

The wheels are 16 inch gunmetal grey powdercoated enkeiís , they are pretty RARE I have never seen another set in 16ís let alone on another car. the tires are Nitto neo gens with at least 80% tread left and my alignment has been checked 3 times , (once every 2 months) to ensure proper tire wear as well as normal tire rotations.

The interior: is All full Si interior , from floormats , to seats , to the cluster , all of it is from a 99-00 Si.

I have added a sony CDX cd player , It has AUX for Ipod and I also have a USB Charger port to keep your MP3/IPOD charged. The car used to have a slave CD drive but I installed the new CD player in the slave drive location to ensure that the keyless entry still works , since to retain keyless entry , you must keep the original cd player in the car. I know your thinking that must get annoying to reach down there? Nope theres a nice little remote , I even have an extra if you lose this one =)

Its also a theft deterrent. As well.

The car has keyless entry .

Power windows as well as 35% tint all around.

Theres not one single ding on the entire car. Find that on another 96-00 civic for this price I dare you.

There is 2 scratchs less that the size of a quarter and both are not deep enough into the paint you have to have your nose practically touching the car to see them. They can both be removed by claybar/ and or buffing.

Raybrig fogs/hids

Headlights are 4600k (they donít blind people)

And fogs are 4600k as well but deffinately add a lot of light to the road.

It has 99-00 tails as well.

Call me and we can take a test drive , I have no problem showing you the car has EVERYTHING you could need or want and works just like it should. Theres not a lot of cars out there with nothing wrong like this one. It will Need LMAís at some point but I have them and they come with the car and are extremely easy to install and its not something you need to do right away even.

The car still have Cruise control , AC (icy cold) and Powers steering.

Yes I know thatís a rare quality in such a nice swap.

Call me 573-424-4459

6500 is what I paid 9 months ago.

6000 is what I want. If you have an offer please PM me and I may take offers if they are reasonable and sensible. NO TRADES in dyer need of cash so me and my girl wont be out on the street.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/Zalley/35982_131359910240894_100001006582784_140487_11039 24_n.jpg?t=1289409270

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/Zalley/IMG_2220.jpg?t=1289409367

no longer has stock intake

I will have alot more pics tonight.

T-Wayne
2010-11-10, 12:15 PM
Built by Ryan A? :thumbsup:

drider
2010-11-10, 12:18 PM
Very detailed description, good info..... I like it...:thumbsup:

Car looks good, looking fwd to seeing more pics

Looking for trades for something bigger? Like a Truck? SUV?

T-Wayne
2010-11-10, 12:21 PM
I am VERY regretfully selling this car.

Itís the only car Iíve ever had that ran so wonderfully and did everything it was supposed to .

I need money for a place to live , I am trying to sell this in 30 days. This car is a GREAT DD or even an auto-x car if your into that sort of thing. This car has never been tracked or abused , I actually bought the car as an alternative to a nice stock civic si or integra GSR. I was liikeing at 6k+ for low mileage cars and even then the Siís and GSRís had 80k miles or more. Which is a lot.

So my friend Ryan Alder , told me about this car he built , and I drove it and it drives like a brand new civic . so , I bought it. Love it . but times are tough and I need something that isinít so small so I can haul , and I also need my GF to be able to drive on long trips , this keeps us from being able to take the civic wherever we need to go , NOW , onto the important stuff.

SPECS:

1998 EJ8 EX Civic chassis has around 150k on it.(drivetrain has less than 10k)

The color is Vogue Silver Metallic and is only 2 years old.

It has a 2000 civic front end with Si grill , and basically brand new headlights , they look AMAZING. Really brings out the niceness in this car.

MOTOR has about 8000-9000 miles I bought it with around 4500 is what he said , and only drove it 3-4k miles if that.

MOTOR: GSR block (b18c1)with All Integra type R internals(b18c5), even the head .
KMS Valvetrain.
ITR cams
ITR TB
ITR intake

The motor idles at 800 just like it should , has GREAT compression ,and runs without any leaks or issues. I have replaced the oil pan gasket before because they like to leak but I have kept and eye on this one and it seems fine . thatís the one and only issue I have had with this car.

Transmission:

S80 GSR transmission with no grinds or popouts or anything weird at all. Ryan went through and opened up the transmission right before I bought the car , it shifts great and I have 0 complaints.

It has a OEM clutch less that just turned 9 months old , and still feels great.

Suspension: the car has Koni yellow struts
Ground control coilovers
All 4 tophats as well which are pretty rare.

the ride is AWESOME for a car that is lowered,

The wheels are 16 inch gunmetal grey powdercoated enkeiís , they are pretty RARE I have never seen another set in 16ís let alone on another car. the tires are Nitto neo gens with at least 80% tread left and my alignment has been checked 3 times , (once every 2 months) to ensure proper tire wear as well as normal tire rotations.

The interior: is All full Si interior , from floormats , to seats , to the cluster , all of it is from a 99-00 Si.

I have added a sony CDX cd player , It has AUX for Ipod and I also have a USB Charger port to keep your MP3/IPOD charged. The car used to have a slave CD drive but I installed the new CD player in the slave drive location to ensure that the keyless entry still works , since to retain keyless entry , you must keep the original cd player in the car. I know your thinking that must get annoying to reach down there? Nope theres a nice little remote , I even have an extra if you lose this one =)

Its also a theft deterrent. As well.

The car has keyless entry .

Power windows as well as 35% tint all around.

Theres not one single ding on the entire car. Find that on another 96-00 civic for this price I dare you.

There is 2 scratchs less that the size of a quarter and both are not deep enough into the paint you have to have your nose practically touching the car to see them. They can both be removed by claybar/ and or buffing.

Raybrig fogs/hids

Headlights are 4600k (they donít blind people)

And fogs are 4600k as well but deffinately add a lot of light to the road.

It has 99-00 tails as well.

Call me and we can take a test drive , I have no problem showing you the car has EVERYTHING you could need or want and works just like it should. Theres not a lot of cars out there with nothing wrong like this one. It will Need LMAís at some point but I have them and they come with the car and are extremely easy to install and its not something you need to do right away even.

The car still have Cruise control , AC (icy cold) and Powers steering.

Yes I know thatís a rare quality in such a nice swap.

Call me 573-424-4459

6500 is what I paid 9 months ago.

6000 is what I want. If you have an offer please PM me and I may take offers if they are reasonable and sensible. NO TRADES in dyer need of cash so me and my girl wont be out on the street.

no longer has stock intake

I will have alot more pics tonight.

BINX
2010-11-10, 12:26 PM
Very detailed description, good info..... I like it...:thumbsup:

Car looks good, looking fwd to seeing more pics

Looking for trades for something bigger? Like a Truck? SUV?

thanks , yes RyanA built this its a Very nice car ! as close to a new Si/type R as you can get.

thanks for the offer bro , no worries. but unfortunately no trades right now =)

drider
2010-11-10, 12:27 PM
Alright Alright ....I missed that... Looks neat, GLWS

99sil-teg
2010-11-10, 12:27 PM
He said no trades

Looks sick man, glws

BINX
2010-11-10, 12:51 PM
guys its no biggie , I am a relaxed guy ! no worries at all bro I appreciate the offer for trades but right now need cash. thanks for the bumps guys! I love this car , its perfect , but its time to go.

SupermanChevelle
2010-11-10, 01:03 PM
bump for a bro! if I had the cash this car wouldn't be leaving columbia :mrgreen:

BINX
2010-11-10, 01:20 PM
thanks randy , your a cool ass dude! sorry I havent made it out yet to any parties , I will soon though bro , just been trying to get my life together and working 8-8 everyday makes for a shitty social life lol

Prolific
2010-11-10, 01:27 PM
Built by Ryan A? :thumbsup:

Pretty much. lol

It's a shame he's not on here too often anymore. I remember when this car came up for sale. Beautiful.

Anything Ryan works on is generally worth it's weight in gold afterwards. :thumbsup:

snm95ls
2010-11-10, 02:00 PM
Beautiful ride.

Does it run 10s for 2500 dollars though?

:razz:

Just fucking with ya.

GLWS,.

:thumbsup:

BINX
2010-11-10, 02:36 PM
Beautiful ride.

Does it run 10s for 2500 dollars though?

:razz:

Just fucking with ya.

GLWS,.

:thumbsup:

:lolg:!

thanks bro , your made me spit my mt dew on my keyboard you jerk!

I've been :dupe:'ed

JDMChris
2010-11-10, 02:40 PM
jeez this car is still beautiful....wish i had the $$$ and my car sold.GLWS

Eg6_Lover
2010-11-10, 02:50 PM
Bump for this car. its the cleanest Ryan dose great work i saw this car go together it legit. deff worth the 6k

BINX
2010-11-10, 03:19 PM
thanks guys!!!!

BINX
2010-11-10, 04:30 PM
one guy offered 4500 , this is the kind of thing I was hopin wouldnt happen.... I mean for a car this nice and clean and built correctly..... I am not one of those bullshitters that beleive a vitara motor will last 200k but this was built right and patiently with all OEM parts , and I truly beleive with all my heart that this motor will last another 150k-200k. I wish I could keep it. I really do.

6k is where it stays right now , I appreciated the offer but still at the same time it was a reminder of how much I hate selling my cars. I allways get a really nice car and everyone offers me shit money like im just one of those other guys selling a pieced together car , I pick wisely , my last car was the 60k 1991 TSI talon I dont sell any junk and I dont buy junk , please keep that in mind.

unless it was built by RyanA please dont compare my car to other civics.

qb1291
2010-11-10, 04:43 PM
Ryan A. is a legit guy, i have a tranny he built for me and looked over, and it shifts like butter. I wanted to buy the car when he had it for sale. So GLWS, well worth the 6k hes asking.

elliott_holtGSR
2010-11-10, 04:45 PM
bump for a clean car! You picked this up for $6500? thought ryan a had it posted at like 10k at one point lol.........

BINX
2010-11-10, 07:03 PM
bump for a clean car! You picked this up for $6500? thought ryan a had it posted at like 10k at one point lol.........

yeah it had more shit on it when he was asking 10 . but this car is well worth 6k deffinately

BINX
2010-11-11, 02:19 PM
Well I drove the car to work today and it rained lol so I am washing her tomorrow and waxing her up if anyone wants to come see , I will have more pics thise evening.

Uncle_Willie
2010-11-11, 03:36 PM
Bump for a good deal on a solid car.

BINX
2010-11-11, 05:08 PM
thanks unc , been so much fun owning this.... I really dont wanna be out on the streets though so here we are =(

BINX
2010-11-12, 02:13 PM
bump for friday its been uber rainy havent had the chance for pics yet.

BINX
2010-11-13, 09:23 AM
saturday morn bump.

dcoder
2010-11-28, 11:04 PM
you have a pm

jdm-yo
2010-11-28, 11:31 PM
bump for a very nice civic GLWS bro cleanest one ive seen in a long time!

pynikal
2010-11-29, 08:54 AM
car looks great man. very clean, i cant wait to see more pics.

BINX
2010-11-29, 10:39 AM
sorry guys car is sold delete thread.

thanks for the comments I miss her every single day.

I sold for 5500 very regretably.