View Full Version : NWAS wrapping a Ferrari Scuderia

Mantooth
2010-12-08, 03:00 PM
This is a very very cool video!

pTkmFZ91rXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTkmFZ91rXE

KansasRSX
2010-12-08, 03:45 PM
I'm no pro, nor am I entrusted with Ferraris on a daily, but it seems like having a seam right down the middle of the roof would be a bad idea.

Mantooth
2010-12-08, 04:16 PM
I'm no pro, nor am I entrusted with Ferraris on a daily, but it seems like having a seam right down the middle of the roof would be a bad idea.The roof was 110" wide. Their film was only 60" wide, therefore they had to do it that way. They put the yellow stripes to cover up the seam and you can't even tell.:cheers:

b16gsr
2010-12-08, 05:11 PM
cool as hell, those boys do some amazing work.

cannot wait to see what the new place looks like all done.

T-Wayne
2010-12-08, 05:46 PM
Very cool

SlowTA
2010-12-08, 06:33 PM
I am really considering having kctrends wrap my car next year. I kinda want to give flat black a try but don't want to redo the entire car in black in case I don't like it or want to go back to gunmetal later. I think it would be pretty sick..

ktrends
2010-12-08, 06:45 PM
The roof was 110" wide. Their film was only 60" wide, therefore they had to do it that way. They put the yellow stripes to cover up the seam and you can't even tell.:cheers:

Your saying that roof is over 9 feet wide?

I promise there are cut marks all over that car's paint when they remove the wrap, there is a insane amount of seams and cuts made in that video that were easy to avoid.

Mantooth
2010-12-08, 07:23 PM

I promise there are cut marks all over that car's paint when they remove the wrap, there is a insane amount of seams and cuts made in that video that were easy to avoid.Just what I was told.

speedracer
2010-12-08, 08:17 PM

I promise there are cut marks all over that car's paint when they remove the wrap, there is a insane amount of seams and cuts made in that video that were easy to avoid.

James, don't question him. He's on a first name basis with them silly. His girlfriend goes to junior high with his daughter.

ktrends
2010-12-08, 09:46 PM
James, don't question him. He's on a first name basis with them silly. His girlfriend goes to junior high with his daughter.

Roof is 53.75" wide.

they are more than likely referring to the length from the roof where it meets the top of the windshield, down the pillar into the quarter panel area (but they already seamed that area). who knows, the wrap looks good overall.. It just makes my stomach hurt to watch ppl cut on cars like that when there are better (safer) ways.

huskerpower02
2010-12-08, 10:25 PM
So my question while watching the video is how in the hell do they not scratch the paint when they make the cuts?

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one. ktrends what do you guys use to avoid something like that?

PS- You still have that 6 banger stang?

Mantooth
2010-12-08, 11:56 PM
James, don't question him. He's on a first name basis with them silly. His girlfriend goes to junior high with his daughter.Actually, I am. That's not the point, though. Just sharing. Maybe I misunderstood him when he explained it all. :dunno:

Mantooth
2010-12-09, 12:03 AM
Roof is 53.75" wide.

they are more than likely referring to the length from the roof where it meets the top of the windshield, down the pillar into the quarter panel area (but they already seamed that area). who knows, the wrap looks good overall.. It just makes my stomach hurt to watch ppl cut on cars like that when there are better (safer) ways.Yep, not too sure. That makes more sense.

J.M.P
2010-12-09, 12:15 AM
Very cool vid. This time I am not a fan of what they did with the car. Great work, but I just like the stock color to much to do something like that to that Ferrari.

Mantooth
2010-12-09, 12:22 AM
Very cool vid. This time I am not a fan of what they did with the car. Great work, but I just like the stock color to much to do something like that to that Ferrari.I completely agree. I love that color.

Squeaky192
2010-12-09, 11:12 AM
Actually, I am. That's not the point, though. Just sharing. Maybe I misunderstood him when he explained it all. :dunno:

So since I know your name is Wes does that mean I'm like, almost cool with that guy?!?!?!

roman.GSR
2010-12-09, 11:20 AM
That guy is good

Mantooth
2010-12-09, 11:43 AM
So since I know your name is Wes does that mean I'm like, almost cool with that guy?!?!?!You could be best friends with Jessica Alba and I wouldn't think you're cooler than anyone else. However, you're a pretty cool dude.:thumbsup:

ktrends
2010-12-09, 12:30 PM
So my question while watching the video is how in the hell do they not scratch the paint when they make the cuts?

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one. ktrends what do you guys use to avoid something like that?

PS- You still have that 6 banger stang?

We try to never cut on paint, normally we wrap every body panel as it's own piece so you just trim the edges. On big vehicles like buses, box trucks, etc everything is put on in tiles so again you just trim the edges. In the very rare case that we have no choice but to cut on paint (really deep fog light holes, etc..) we use a very hard plastic tape you put down to cut against, then you peel the tape off and stick the edge down.

Still do have the 2jz mustang, hope to have it out next season.

themadspoon
2010-12-09, 12:48 PM
So since I know your name is Wes does that mean I'm like, almost cool with that guy?!?!?!

:lolg: As far as I can tell thats how it works.

Mantooth
2010-12-09, 02:40 PM
:lolg: As far as I can tell thats how it works.You must not be very smart if that's what you think.:thumbsup:

speedracer
2010-12-09, 03:00 PM
You must not be very smart if that's what you think.:thumbsup:

I'm just curious how you get on a "first name basis" with so many people in the high end car business. You aren't a client or customer, you're a twenty something with a used Mercedes. Who's coat tails do you ride in on? What would possess them to want to be on a first name basis with you? Do you nutswing on other forums or something? It's the watches, isn't it?

Mantooth
2010-12-09, 03:09 PM
I'm just curious how you get on a "first name basis" with so many people in the high end car business. You aren't a client or customer, you're a twenty something with a used Mercedes. Who's coat tails do you ride in on? What would possess them to want to be on a first name basis with you? Do you nutswing on other forums or something? It's the watches, isn't it?I went to SEMA and was introduced to a lot of people in the car industry. I also went to Bimmerfest and met a lot of people in the car industry. When I'm working in California, I spend time in LA with friends I have met there and at SEMA, through mutual friends. Not every one with a business, that makes a good living, is stuck up. They're normal just like you and I. Knowing people doesn't make you who you are, but it's nice to know people. Networking is a beautiful thing. I recommend their company/shop to people/friends because I want to see them become more successful, not because I'm looking for a handout. Like I said, just because someone owns a business and is "wealthy", doesn't mean they're not a regular person. I have offered to buy a beer or dinner/lunch for some friends that makes in one year, WELL North of what I would make in 3 years. I guess I'm just a friendly person. :dunno:

bks84
2010-12-09, 04:32 PM
People seem to be riding your ass about your "first name basis" like people rode Jason's ass about his 90k posts...

http://19.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks8ydwUsIS1qzs8seo1_500.gif

/observation

early93viper
2010-12-09, 04:57 PM
Hate it why anyone would wrap a Ferrari Scuderia is beyond me.

burgez
2010-12-09, 06:20 PM
Hate it why anyone would wrap a Ferrari Scuderia is beyond me.
+1 I thought the color to begin with was beautiful :dunno:

Hyper Blue
2010-12-12, 06:15 AM
...I guess I'm just a friendly person. :dunno:
Just a shot in the dark, but...you wouldn't happen to know a guy named Reza (a.k.a. Mr. Mota), would you?

Cool video, BTW. :thumbsup:

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 11:14 AM
Just a shot in the dark, but...you wouldn't happen to know a guy named Reza (a.k.a. Mr. Mota), would you?

Cool video, BTW. :thumbsup:I've only met him once, so not that well. We have 144 mutual FB friends, but that's about it. I'm sure next I'm in LA, he'll go out with all of us.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 08:22 PM
I've only met him once, so not that well. We have 144 mutual FB friends, but that's about it. I'm sure next I'm in LA, he'll go out with all of us.

So thats what it takes to "know" someone.

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 08:25 PM
So thats what it takes to "know" someone.Nope, I never said that. I know of him, have met him, that's about it. Stop being a faggot.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 08:38 PM
Nope, I never said that. I know of him, have met him, that's about it. Stop being a faggot.

I'm being a faggot? :lolg:

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 08:42 PM
I'm being a faggot? :lolg:Yes. You're blowing shit out of proportion.

Gunnar
2010-12-12, 08:44 PM

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 08:48 PM
Yes. You're blowing shit out of proportion.

A. What is out of proportion? You say you know everyone. Regardless of whether or not you truly do. Why do you feel the need to name drop at every fucking chance you get? No one on kcsr gives a shit if you know the guy with the coolest car ever because regardless of whether or not you suck his dick on the regular it doesn't make a difference to how "cool" you are. B. I don't understand how that effects my sexual orientation.

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 08:50 PM
A. What is out of proportion? You say you know everyone. Regardless of whether or not you truly do. Why do you feel the need to name drop at every fucking chance you get? No one on kcsr gives a shit if you know the guy with the coolest car ever because regardless of whether or not you suck his dick on the regular it doesn't make a difference to how "cool" you are. B. I don't understand how that effects my sexual orientation.lol. y u mad tho?

MyLittlePwny
2010-12-12, 08:52 PM
A. What is out of proportion? You say you know everyone. Regardless of whether or not you truly do. Why do you feel the need to name drop at every fucking chance you get? No one on kcsr gives a shit if you know the guy with the coolest car ever because regardless of whether or not you suck his dick on the regular it doesn't make a difference to how "cool" you are. B. I don't understand how that effects my sexual orientation.
Where did he name drop?

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 08:54 PM

Always Hatin brah

lol. y u mad tho?

I'm not mad I just don't understand why you feel the need to name drop all the time it makes you seem like a fucking tool. uMad? Is that why you don't have anything to say on the subject other than calling me a faggot...

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 08:55 PM
I'm not mad I just don't understand why you feel the need to name drop all the time it makes you seem like a fucking tool. uMad? Is that why you don't have anything to say on the subject other than calling me a faggot...I never name dropped in this thread, so I'm not too sure what you're trying to get at, besides being a faggot.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:00 PM
Where did he name drop?

I never name dropped in this thread, so I'm not too sure what you're trying to get at, besides being a faggot.

Oh sorry you just said you were on a first name basis with the guy whatever. You name drop all the fucking time.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:01 PM
I never name dropped in this thread, so I'm not too sure what you're trying to get at, besides being a faggot.

Still don't understand how this effects my sexual orientation. Pedo.

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 09:03 PM
Oh sorry you just said you were on a first name basis with the guy whatever. You name drop all the fucking time.I never started the thread to brag about knowing someone. Someone said I did(albeit being a smart ass remark), and I said that I did. Big fucking deal.

Still don't understand how this effects my sexual orientation. Pedo.Because you must have dried up semen in your eyes if you thought that I was dropping names in this thread.

MyLittlePwny
2010-12-12, 09:04 PM
You leave your shit signed in at JDLM's house or what?

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:08 PM
I never started the thread to brag about knowing someone. Someone said I did(albeit being a smart ass remark), and I said that I did. Big fucking deal.

Because you must have dried up semen in your eyes if you thought that I was dropping names in this thread.

Its the same shit you dense motherfucker, you think it makes you "cool" to "know" everyone with a cool car that gets posted. When it fact all your posts on here just make you look like a creepy nut jocking douche bag.

MyLittlePwny
2010-12-12, 09:10 PM
You might be surprised who looks like the douche bag in this thread.

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 09:13 PM
Its the same shit you dense motherfucker, you think it makes you "cool" to "know" everyone with a cool car that gets posted. When it fact all your posts on here just make you look like a creepy nut jocking douche bag.I don't know everyone with a cool car that gets posted here...

I know KCSR members, too, believe it or not. In their threads, I might call them by their first name, too. Who fucking cares.:loco:

I know I'm cool without having to "know" people, I just enjoy helping people out with the resources I have. Me knowing people, opposed to :quote:knowing:quote: people, is completely different. In this thread, I NEVER said I knew anyone until someone put words in my mouth. Then I commented, without even mentioning a name. Therefore, no name dropping.

I could have said "Check out my friend Blake's shop doing work on an F430 Scuderia", but I didn't.

So...

Fuck. You.

QwikSHO
2010-12-12, 09:15 PM

Agreed.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:20 PM
I don't know everyone with a cool car that gets posted here...

I know KCSR members, too, believe it or not. In their threads, I might call them by their first name, too. Who fucking cares.:loco:

I know I'm cool without having to "know" people, I just enjoy helping people out with the resources I have. Me knowing people, opposed to :quote:knowing:quote: people, is completely different. In this thread, I NEVER said I knew anyone until someone put words in my mouth. Then I commented, without even mentioning a name. Therefore, no name dropping.

I could have said "Check out my friend Blake's shop doing work on an F430 Scuderia", but I didn't.

So...

Fuck. You.

How is saying that you know someone that owns a car that gets posted, or talking about how your friend has this car or whatever using your resources to help anyone?

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 09:22 PM
How is saying that you know someone that owns a car that gets posted, or talking about how your friend has this car or whatever using your resources to help anyone?I apparently you're illiterate, because nowhere in this thread did I name drop, until you started being a faggot. By faggot, i mean dumb ass, not homosexual.

Gunnar
2010-12-12, 09:24 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232012807_278_47141797e7bdc.gif

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:33 PM
I don't know everyone with a cool car that gets posted here...

So...

Fuck. You.

I apparently you're illiterate, because nowhere in this thread did I name drop, until you started being a faggot. By faggot, i mean dumb ass, not homosexual.

That's a friend's Black Series. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the CLK63 BS, but it's a bit out of my price range.:puppy:

How is the above quote helping anyone?

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 09:37 PM
How is the above quote helping anyone?How's is the above quote name dropping?

Knowing people=being able to help people. That's what I was getting at.

themadspoon
2010-12-12, 09:39 PM
How's is the above quote name dropping?

Knowing people=being able to help people. That's what I was getting at.

Its not name dropping but its saying "look how cool my friend is". What did that post add to the thread, or help anyone with. NOTHING.

Mantooth
2010-12-12, 09:41 PM
Its not name dropping but its saying "look how cool my friend is". What did that post add to the thread, or help anyone with. NOTHING.What do your childish rants and raves add to this thread?

If it was a piece of shit Honda Civic, I would do the same. Being cool has nothing to do with how I post.

Albatross
2010-12-12, 10:17 PM
http://upload.offensivex.com/images/1289373290.jpg

doomi
2010-12-12, 10:30 PM

Agreed.

This.

stevo8
2010-12-13, 12:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU666th post.

Fuck.Yes. :headbang:

stevo8
2010-12-13, 01:29 AM
HAHA I was saving the big 666. Seemed appropriate. I'm going to name drop your name Wes. :D

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 01:35 AM
HAHA I was saving the big 666. Seemed appropriate. I'm going to name drop your name Wes. :DAwesome, Stephen. :D

stevo8
2010-12-13, 02:02 AM
I know a guy with an AMG :mamoru2:

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 01:03 PM
I know a guy with an AMG :mamoru2:Holy shit!! Dude, you're soooooo cool!:shock:

stevo8
2010-12-13, 02:27 PM
Holy shit!! Dude, you're soooooo cool!:shock:

I'm waiting to be banished to the pits of KCSR because I've met some people at SEMA and racing through out the midwest.... and *gasp* I'm only 22! THERE IS NO WAY I KNOW ANYONE WITH AN AMG AT 22. I MUST BE NAME DROPPING. OMGGGGGGGGGGG.

lol. I've been accused of doing the same thing you are being accused of Wes, I'm sympathetic to your position. Just because you're social and travelled doesn't mean you're trying to impress anyone.

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 02:28 PM
I'm waiting to be banished to the pits of KCSR because I've met some people at SEMA and racing through out the midwest.... and *gasp* I'm only 22! THERE IS NO WAY I KNOW ANYONE WITH AN AMG AT 22. I MUST BE NAME DROPPING. OMGGGGGGGGGGG.

lol. I've been accused of doing the same thing you are being accused of Wes, I'm sympathetic to your position. Just because you're social and travelled doesn't mean you're trying to impress anyone.Exactly.:cheers:

speedracer
2010-12-13, 02:40 PM
I know a guy with an AMG :mamoru2:

I know a guy with an island.

Boom! That just happened!

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 02:41 PM
I know a guy with an island.

Boom! That just happened!I don't, so I feel belittled. :puppy:

Squeaky192
2010-12-13, 02:57 PM
Being that Wes and I only have 44 mutual friends, and I have seen him in a bubble bath, I'd have to say he's probably best friends with that guy.

Nothing Gay
2010-12-13, 03:28 PM
Being that Wes and I only have 44 mutual friends, and I have seen him in a bubble bath, I'd have to say he's probably best friends with that guy.
We all saw him in said bubble bath, and im still glad i dont know him!:thumbsup:

Mantooth
2010-12-13, 05:42 PM
We all saw him in said bubble bath, and im still glad i dont know him!:thumbsup:

You're missing out, sugarpuff. :iluvu:

elite_cyborg
2010-12-13, 08:52 PM

You guys must know each other. You both date chicks in High School :lolg:

Gunnar
2010-12-13, 08:53 PM
Isn't squeaky like 15 though?

Squeaky192
2010-12-13, 10:38 PM

Practically.

Scooby24
2010-12-13, 10:41 PM
matte black is so played out.

Squeaky192
2010-12-13, 10:52 PM
matte black is so played out.

This.

elite_cyborg
2010-12-14, 12:57 AM

You could say he looks young for his age :roll:

Hyper Blue
2010-12-14, 02:51 AM
I've only met him once...
Yeah, I only know about him because of the MISCHIEF videos.
You're very lucky. Reza seems like an awesome guy.
I'm just curious what he does for a living.
I think he sells high-end cars, but I could be wrong.

Hyper Blue
2010-12-14, 02:52 AM
...You both date chicks in High School :lolg:
Based on the NWS in AAG thread, there are quite a few older guys on here who would like to "date" high school chicks.

I'm just sayin'. :dunno:

Mantooth
2010-12-14, 03:01 AM
Yeah, I only know about him because of the MISCHIEF videos.
You're very lucky. Reza seems like an awesome guy.
I'm just curious what he does for a living.
I think he sells high-end cars, but I could be wrong.Yeah, he seemed pretty cool. Hope to get back out to LA soon. I have too much fun out there.

To answer your question, you are sort of correct. He owns the company "Elite Imports". They sell high-end cars to new car and franchise stores, as well as to private clients, including private jets. He also organizes the "Player's Run, which is a high-end run like Gumball, Mod Ball, and Gold Rush.:cheers:

Hyper Blue
2010-12-14, 03:05 AM
...He also organizes the Player's Run...
:shock: Reza's in charge of that? I had no idea. I like the guy even more, now.

Mantooth
2010-12-14, 03:13 AM
:shock: Reza's in charge of that? I had no idea. I like the guy even more, now.Yes sir.

http://www.cafepress.com/mrmota#link-productCategory-112

:lol:

Albatross
2010-12-14, 07:45 PM
Based on the NWS in AAG thread, there are quite a few older guys on here who would like to "date" high school chicks.

I'm just sayin'. :dunno:

I'd smash.

I think some people are just jelly that 17/18 girls aren't mirin' them as they pass by.

I can't count the number of hospitalizations I've caused due to whiplash.

Hyper Blue
2010-12-15, 03:20 AM
...I can't count the number of hospitalizations I've caused due to whiplash.
:bowrofl: