PDA

View Full Version : I cannot wait...bolt on E55 vs CL65

Mantooth
2011-01-28, 06:18 AM
I wanting to guess this E55 has the 82mm throttle body kit, too, good for 30-40+whp. I could be mistaken. Anyway, I enjoyed the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hktQkA48Ox8
hktQkA48Ox8

Squeaky192
2011-01-28, 09:29 AM
I wanting to guess this E55 has the 82mm throttle body kit, too, good for 30-40+whp. I could be mistaken. Anyway, I enjoyed the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hktQkA48Ox8

Yeah bro, I always see 30-40+ from that TB. Headers are usually a good 30 as well. Tune is 15, CAI is like 12.

Punch this all into your calculator and you'll be making Lambo power in no time.

Ask my boy Tyrome from exoticsRfun.net

turbotuner20v
2011-01-28, 09:41 AM
those headers were impressive compared to stock... not sure I'm understanding how a throttle body gains 30-40whp though...

SUPRADRIVER
2011-01-28, 10:36 AM
I wanting to guess this E55 has the 82mm throttle body kit, too, good for 30-40+whp.

:bs:

Squeaky192
2011-01-28, 10:38 AM
:bs:

Says the guy with the only 550rwhp 14 second 1/4 mile claim Supra in the world.

SUPRADRIVER
2011-01-28, 10:59 AM
Says the guy with the only 550rwhp 14 second 1/4 mile claim Supra in the world.

Damn, I definitely need to work on that. If only I knew how to make a Supra go fast.

volksmech
2011-01-28, 12:11 PM
good for 30-40+whp

:spits coffee all over laptop:

turbotuner20v
2011-01-28, 12:29 PM
maybe it's precision made with a leather strap for attaching the intake and you can't even see the movement on the throttle body blade it so smooth :mrgreen:

BryanW203
2011-01-28, 01:48 PM
If you have the kleeman headers, tune, tb, cams, pulleys you get a total of 620hp and 665tq at the crank. Stock they are 470hp 520tq. My C55 which has the basically the same transmission and rear end had 20% drive train loss.

And next week will have the chart to a Dyno proven tune on a S65. Computer is getting pulled today and sent to Kleeman.

Mantooth
2011-01-28, 02:34 PM
People on this site are bitches. If you don't fucking believe me, Google the shit.

If you have the kleeman headers, tune, tb, cams, pulleys you get a total of 620hp and 665tq at the crank. Stock they are 470hp 520tq. My C55 which has the basically the same transmission and rear end had 20% drive train loss.

And next week will have the chart to a Dyno proven tune on a S65. Computer is getting pulled today and sent to Kleeman.Bryan, the headers/x-pipe I got makes more than the Kleemann headers and the pulley I'm getting will make more power than the Kleemann pulley. Also someone gained 47whp from going from the stock 78mm throttle body to the 82mm throttle body, after tune. That's the highest gain they have seen. TTM guarantees 30whp out of their throttle body kit.:dunno:

volksmech
2011-01-28, 02:43 PM
People on this site are bitches. If you don't fucking believe me, Google the shit.

How about you stop bench racing other peoples cars and get some fucking numbers of your own. jesus christ man. you sound like those 16 year old kids sitting down with a jegs magazine going

okay 15hp on the thottle body, 20 on headers, throttle body spacer is another 7 plus the k&n is worth 5hp. oh yeah...........................

just live off what your car is doing not what others say thiers are doing. belive it or not a lot of them lie. kinda like how every ls1 is stock.

i guess what i am saying is. stop being a little cry baby bitch about it

volksmech
2011-01-28, 02:47 PM
i just re read it again. people are gaining over 10 hp per milimeter difference on the throttle body?????????????

now if and only if they are putting this throttle body on a bone stock car and then also tunning it i can see that power pick up but not from simply bolting on a throttle body that is 4 mm larger.

if that is the case then why stop at 82mm why not step it up into ls1 territory and go 90 or 92 mm :)

Mantooth
2011-01-28, 02:51 PM
How about you stop bench racing other peoples cars and get some fucking numbers of your own. jesus christ man. you sound like those 16 year old kids sitting down with a jegs magazine going

okay 15hp on the thottle body, 20 on headers, throttle body spacer is another 7 plus the k&n is worth 5hp. oh yeah...........................

just live off what your car is doing not what others say thiers are doing. belive it or not a lot of them lie. kinda like how every ls1 is stock.

i guess what i am saying is. stop being a little cry baby bitch about itI'm not, just excited to see big power gains once I get all of the parts in, installed, and tuned. I will be doing a stock dyno, headers/heat exchanger dyno, pulley/tune dyno, and dyno tune. I want to see the gains, not just random numbers. I'm setting expectations.

i just re read it again. people are gaining over 10 hp per milimeter difference on the throttle body?????????????

now if and only if they are putting this throttle body on a bone stock car and then also tunning it i can see that power pick up but not from simply bolting on a throttle body that is 4 mm larger.

if that is the case then why stop at 82mm why not step it up into ls1 territory and go 90 or 92 mm :)30whp is their claim, tuned. 550cc injectors wouldn't hurt, either. Not sure if you can do anything bigger than 82mm, but I have not looked into it. As of now, that is second to last on my list, aside from cams. Cams make 15whp AT THE MOST, and cost more money than they're worth.

volksmech
2011-01-28, 02:57 PM
I'm not, just excited to see big power gains once I get all of the parts in, installed, and tuned. I will be doing a stock dyno, headers/heat exchanger dyno, pulley/tune dyno, and dyno tune. I want to see the gains, not just random numbers. I'm setting expectations.

30whp is their claim, tuned. 550cc injectors wouldn't hurt, either. Not sure if you can do anything bigger than 82mm, but I have not looked into it. As of now, that is second to last on my list, aside from cams. Cams make 15whp AT THE MOST, and cost more money than they're worth.

awsome on the dynoing as you go. great idea and it helps to figure out where you pick up power or loose it sometimes.

and tuned. i can see those numbers but not just slaping on a 4 mm larger throtle body. no fucking way. i bet you pick up damn near that much just from the tune. basicly you are paying a lot for a throtle body from them and then paying for the tune and they are claiming the fame from the tune job.

can you dyno it stock, then put thier throtle body on it, dyno it again. then tune it and dyno it again. i bet most all of the real power pick up is from the tune it self and not the throtle body.

Mantooth
2011-01-28, 04:01 PM
awsome on the dynoing as you go. great idea and it helps to figure out where you pick up power or loose it sometimes.

and tuned. i can see those numbers but not just slaping on a 4 mm larger throtle body. no fucking way. i bet you pick up damn near that much just from the tune. basicly you are paying a lot for a throtle body from them and then paying for the tune and they are claiming the fame from the tune job.

can you dyno it stock, then put thier throtle body on it, dyno it again. then tune it and dyno it again. i bet most all of the real power pick up is from the tune it self and not the throtle body.With headers, pulley/tune, say you make 500whp(depending on size of pulley and cooling). Add the throttle body and retune, gain 30 more whp. Not sure if it would make that much of a difference on a bone stock car, tuned. I'm guessing it probably would, though. From what I've been hearing. I'll do some researching.

95cobra
2011-01-28, 05:32 PM
i'm not going to call b/s simply because it is a pos displacement blower and they are super picky to inlet restrictions, it also is a fairly large displacement engine with a decent amount of power stock.

i can honestly see those gains being real.

High Mileage
2011-01-28, 06:15 PM
Yeah bro, I always see 30-40+ from that TB. Headers are usually a good 30 as well. Tune is 15, CAI is like 12.

Punch this all into your calculator and you'll be making Lambo power in no time.

Ask my boy Tyrome from exoticsRfun.net
:lolg:
maybe it's precision made with a leather strap for attaching the intake and you can't even see the movement on the throttle body blade it so smooth :mrgreen:
:lolg:

Pozz for both.

Mantooth
2011-01-30, 05:34 AM
i'm not going to call b/s simply because it is a pos displacement blower and they are super picky to inlet restrictions, it also is a fairly large displacement engine with a decent amount of power stock.

i can honestly see those gains being real.Yep. They're so restrictive from the factory, it's insane.