PDA

View Full Version : Windows

inis
2011-03-19, 06:23 PM
If you were installing windows yourself, where would you purchase them locally?

We need some new windows on the built on portions of the house, we had a company come out "all season windows" and price us on grandura windows. Shit is super expensive on top of that they're overly pushy. I've considered putting them in myself for awhile, I just have alot of other stuff going on.

To give you a idea what they quoted us:
8 windows, 3 pane double hung, 5 with "simulated" wood on interior. 8k
So we broke it down to just the kitchen (super small window) , and two windows in the master bedroom ,3k
Then we broke it down to just the windows that leak in the master bedroom which is 2, one is huge 75x47 other is standard size. Came to 2k.

I really how no problem putting them in myself, and actaully prefer it because the age of my house (110yrs old). I just want to find the best window I can locally.

Ol' Rusty
2011-03-19, 09:38 PM
check champion. I know they sell them, and my uncle installs windows, i can see if he wants some side work if you go through them. not sure how expensive they are, also check window world

inis
2011-03-19, 10:42 PM
check champion. I know they sell them, and my uncle installs windows, i can see if he wants some side work if you go through them. not sure how expensive they are, also check window world

I'm thinking more along the lines of installing myself.

jasman18
2011-03-20, 12:59 AM
You Try Window World?

Corners
2011-03-20, 10:09 AM
http://www.kcsr.org/oldposts/kcsr-archive-20101220/www.kcsr.org/archive/index.php/t-77421.html