PDA

View Full Version : Overseeding & Mowing

BuddyLee
2011-04-18, 01:03 PM
So I dropped 25lbs of seed on my lawn late last week. How long until I can run a mower over my yard without danger of sucking up seed?

Scooby24
2011-04-18, 01:07 PM
Mine that I threw down the weekend before last are JUST now starting to sprout, and that's with me watering it twice a day every day. I'd say it needs 1.5-2 weeks to start sprouting. If you've been watering it, it might have secured itself in the soil by now.

BuddyLee
2011-04-18, 01:11 PM
Mine that I threw down the weekend before last are JUST now starting to sprout, and that's with me watering it twice a day every day. I'd say it needs 1.5-2 weeks to start sprouting. If you've been watering it, it might have secured itself in the soil by now.

I've been watering my lawn twice a day since I spread it on the lawn. Well except for when it rained the other night.

Reason I ask is my lawn is growing like mad with all the water and nice weather. I haven't really seen anything peaking above the bare spots where I covered it with peat moss yet. It's been about 5 days since I planted I believe, 6 max.

Joe
2011-04-18, 08:01 PM
I'm just over two weeks and had given up all hope when it started spouting over the weekend. I would say you still have a few days.