PDA

View Full Version : $500 HD GC

BuddyLee
2011-04-26, 11:10 AM
So my parents just surprised me with a $500 Home Depot gift card. Aside from about 3-5 Gal of interior paint I need to get, not sure what else to buy with my home improvement riches.

Scooby24
2011-04-26, 11:17 AM
That's an awesome gift!

Crown molding, wainscoting, new sink hardware, ceiling fans, lights, landscaping stuff?

I'd go crazy with a gift like that and get all the little things I wanted.

I like engines
2011-04-26, 11:23 AM
Door knobs and exterior light fixtures

BuddyLee
2011-04-26, 11:31 AM
That's an awesome gift!

Crown molding, wainscoting, new sink hardware, ceiling fans, lights, landscaping stuff?

I'd go crazy with a gift like that and get all the little things I wanted.

Yeah I am thinking about trying to do a bunch of little things to really get it to give the greatest impact.

My home has crown molding in the formal living areas but nowhere else.

I don't need to upgrade any ceiling fans.

Light fixtures come to mind for sure as well as landscaping stuff. I need to remulch out front. 10 bags should cover it.

I don't want to touch the kitchen with it, only because we have it all planned out and I am not in the financial position this year to complete that project.

Master bath might be an option though.

So many decisions.

mrcooley
2011-04-26, 12:42 PM
Buy all those landscaping tools you need but don't have...

BuddyLee
2011-04-26, 12:44 PM
Buy all those landscaping tools you need but don't have...

Such as....

mrcooley
2011-04-26, 12:50 PM
Electric Hedge Trimmer
Straight Shaft Weed Eater
Post Hole Digger
Misc Rakes (wire, plastic, garden)
Square Tip Shovel
Pointed Tip Shovel
Spade
Pick
Axe
Hatchet
Sledge Hammer
Handheld 4lbs BFH (Big F'in Hammer)
Landscape Rake
Power Washer
2 wheel front wheel barrel
Leather Landscaping Gloves
Hand Garden Tools..

The list goes on and on. I have a garage full of every landscaping tool I might need for when the need arises, I just walk in my garage instead of trying to do a job with the wrong tool.

Ebanks
2011-04-26, 12:56 PM
This time of year if I had that card it would be 100% spent on mulch and plants/planters.

BuddyLee
2011-04-26, 02:55 PM
This time of year if I had that card it would be 100% spent on mulch and plants/planters.

I hear you 100%. I just have so many damn things I want to do here, heh. That's why I am so torn!

BuddyLee
2011-04-26, 02:57 PM
aside from doing some sort of fancy border, I'm pretty sure I could do the front landscaping I want to do and the paint I need for around $300.

steelbluesleepR
2011-04-26, 03:07 PM
personally, i'd probably use it to get a MIG welder, or some other stuff for the shop.

as for home improvements, one thing i've always noticed the difference in would be solid vs hollow core doors. solid doors actually close when you try and shut them, especially when they are on carpet, vs crappy hollow doors that have no inertia. they also give a much more solid feel to a home and help with noise insulation.

CaptainHook
2011-05-03, 08:20 PM
If I had it. I'd paint my interior. Get my garage realigned. And I'd go through all my windows and doors trying to weatherproof them. And buy new plants for landscaping.

acvw_insanity
2011-05-05, 06:31 PM
TOOLS!!! This would be a great opportunity to stock up on tools and shop supplies you dont have but have wanted.

BryanW203
2011-05-06, 07:21 PM
Does home depot have a hookers and blow section yet?