PDA

View Full Version : FUCKNG FLEAS

Ol' Rusty
2011-06-29, 10:26 PM
Fleas are a fucking bitch to get rid of. We have tried chemicals, soapy water, everything. nothing is working.

I have read online to use Borax on the carpet so I am trying that, Its on the carpet in the basement and I figure since it needs replaced anyway its worth a shot. I am going to let it sit for a cpl of days then vac it up.

Anyone have any other suggestions we can use inside?

Initial results are good tho, no fleas on my socks or pant legs like there has been for the last few days

Hibidi-Shibidi
2011-06-29, 10:43 PM
I'm assuming you have dog/cats. Frontline is the best thing going. The fleas can't live without a host and treating the dog/cat will eventually kill all of the fleas in the house.

Hibidi-Shibidi
2011-06-29, 10:43 PM
and I would probably avoid the Borax if you have a dog/cat running around.

Ol' Rusty
2011-06-29, 10:44 PM
We have tried both frontline and advantage, neither work, Alot of people I know neither one of those are working for them, they have had to use the pill form of it, but they dont have the pill for cats yet.

Hibidi-Shibidi
2011-06-29, 10:54 PM
I'd go to the vet and tell them that neither are working for you. Make sure you tell them how you are administering it to make sure its not improper application causing an issue.

Treating the carpet isn't treating the source and you are only setting yourself up for continual problems. You have to treat the animal.

The Lox
2011-06-29, 11:03 PM
Once you get the animal cleam then bust out some bug bombs in the house..

Wleach11
2011-06-30, 09:37 AM
Sevin Dust

whiteFCTII
2011-06-30, 11:52 AM
Once you get the animal cleam then bust out some bug bombs in the house..

I did this one year when we had the same problem. Fogged the whole house and it definitely helped.

Jalt28
2011-06-30, 04:08 PM
go to the animal clinic and get a pill or shot for them then you will need to bomb your house and 4 days later bomb again because of the little eggs that hatch trust me i got my bombs ready i am fighting the same problem but i bombed once and it helped but still need to get to the vet for the pill

SickBoy
2011-06-30, 06:32 PM
Like a lot of people are saying, treat the animal first. Get them to a vet for pill/shot, slap flea collars on them, and then get them out of your house for a week. While they're out of the house, set off foggers twice, once the day they're gone, again 3-4 days later. Make sure you vacuum thoroughly each time you bomb the house to suck up the stronger ones that are just weak from the poison.

ForcFed93
2011-07-01, 01:25 PM
I hope none of you all have kids in the house if you're dusting your entire house with Borax or Sevin. Just sayin'

Like others have said, treat the animals first and foremost before using harsh pesticides throughout the house.

My personal recommendation though, leave the animals outside.

Ol' Rusty
2011-07-01, 11:36 PM
no kids in my house, I just did alot of reading on flea stuff and found advantage 2, alot of positive reviews on it, and I had not tried the 2 before, we tried the plain advantage, and front line and even the hartz brand (after reading reviews the hartz brand is extremley harsh on your pet so avoid it). Initial results of the advantage 2 are good so far. within 2 hours hes not scratching nearly as much.

What can you do for cats with the dry skin caused by fleas?

Steven
2011-07-02, 01:40 PM
We have tried both frontline and advantage, neither work, Alot of people I know neither one of those are working for them, they have had to use the pill form of it, but they dont have the pill for cats yet.

It's not going to happen overnight. Give it sometime!

Ol' Rusty
2011-07-02, 08:33 PM
It's not going to happen overnight. Give it sometime!

I know, but when the entire 6 mo supply didn't work at all it's safe to say it don't work, the advantage 2 is working really good so far, all the fleas that are comming off my cat are either dead or really weak. And that's just 24 hours. Package says for a severe infestation, reapply after 7 days. Well see how bad it is then tho

Hibidi-Shibidi
2011-07-05, 12:59 PM
I know, but when the entire 6 mo supply didn't work at all it's safe to say it don't work, the advantage 2 is working really good so far, all the fleas that are comming off my cat are either dead or really weak. And that's just 24 hours. Package says for a severe infestation, reapply after 7 days. Well see how bad it is then tho

So you used an entire 6 month supply in one application?

Hope your critters don't have sensitive skin.

Ol' Rusty
2011-07-05, 09:45 PM
So you used an entire 6 month supply in one application?

Hope your critters don't have sensitive skin.

no, over the course of 6mo.