View Full Version : RA Sushi!

TwoDucks
2009-09-02, 08:14 PM
Yes!!! Kansas City finally has an RA Sushi and I would have to say it is my new favorite sushi restaurant in KC! Amazing sushi with an awesome atmosphere! They have a pretty cool bar area that opens up to outdoor seating and a sushi happy hour's which make for good prices! inside Park Place Shopping/ Town Center in Leawood. :thumbsup:

Ricerking13
2009-09-02, 09:54 PM
Yes!!! Kansas City finally has an RA Sushi and I would have to say it is my new favorite sushi restaurant in KC! Amazing sushi with an awesome atmosphere! They have a pretty cool bar area that opens up to outdoor seating and a sushi happy hour's which make for good prices! inside Park Place Shopping/ Town Center in Leawood. :thumbsup:

I LOVE the ones out here... :cheers:

LSCobra
2009-09-03, 01:26 AM
I went to one of the pre-opening nights and had a great time. Cool atmosphere (music may be a little loud for some) and very good food.
Hot servers, too.

aira
2009-09-04, 12:11 PM
damn i wanna go, but i aint got sushi money right now. lol.

casey liffick
2009-09-08, 02:18 AM
How are the prices?

I <3 sushi.

blkimport11
2009-09-08, 02:43 AM
i mentioned this a while back in one of the other threads. my company has been working security over there for ra, and the hotel which is called aloft. the hotel is supposed to have a night club area inside of it.

John
2009-09-10, 01:00 AM
I really wasn't all that impressed with the one here :???:

Perhaps they were just having a bad night, though. I will give it another try sometime :)

TwoDucks
2009-09-10, 02:33 AM
i mentioned this a while back in one of the other threads. my company has been working security over there for ra, and the hotel which is called aloft. the hotel is supposed to have a night club area inside of it.

I'm pretty pumped for the ALOFT to open, has there been a date set for a grand opening? Prices I though were pretty reasonable, and if they seem to expensive go back during there happy hour.

JohnnyBravo
2009-09-10, 10:11 AM
A few of us went to RA the other night. We had heard mixed reviews, but decided to check it out for ourselves.

Food was very good. Prices were reasonable. Atmosphere was kind of cool for a restaurant (although the club music was almost too loud). Service SUCKED. I mean, it sucked like no other service has sucked before. It was horrible. Like not go back again horrible. One of the couples we were with said they had been there twice before and the service sucked every single time. They kept thinking that maybe it was an off night. According to them, that would have made 3 out of 3 "off nights".

We talked to one of the chefs at Trezo Vino who has eaten there during the day over break. She said the food was good, but the service sucked even in the middle of the day.

It sounds like a serious management problem to me.

If they could get the service straightened out, it could probably be successful.

EA
2009-09-10, 04:41 PM
A few of us went to RA the other night. We had heard mixed reviews, but decided to check it out for ourselves.

Food was very good. Prices were reasonable. Atmosphere was kind of cool for a restaurant (although the club music was almost too loud). Service SUCKED. I mean, it sucked like no other service has sucked before. It was horrible. Like not go back again horrible. One of the couples we were with said they had been there twice before and the service sucked every single time. They kept thinking that maybe it was an off night. According to them, that would have made 3 out of 3 "off nights".

We talked to one of the chefs at Trezo Vino who has eaten there during the day over break. She said the food was good, but the service sucked even in the middle of the day.

If they could get the service straightened out, it could probably be successful.

Solid review........ no matter how good the food is. If YOU have to work for it, its not worth it. Going out to dinner should be nearly perfect and relaxing, cause after all that is the reason why you didn't eat at home right?

So far its been hard for me to break away from Nara, Kona, and the "Train" in Shawnee

Ryan D
2009-09-10, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty pumped for the ALOFT to open, has there been a date set for a grand opening? Prices I though were pretty reasonable, and if they seem to expensive go back during there happy hour.

They're cool, but nothing too amazing. There was one next to my hotel in Rogers, AR that we went to a few times because our hotel didn't have a bar.

LSCobra
2009-09-10, 10:36 PM
Most likely the management is struggling since the corporate training team is probably gone. I used to be a training team captain and did my best to let the managers know to take the reigns right away, because that cushion of support will soon be gone.
It's fairly common, unfortunately. Give them a little more time, maybe they'll learn to swim instead of just treading water.

91-stang
2009-09-12, 07:53 PM
I LOVE the ones out here... :cheers:
i loved the one out there that i hung out at when i was there:thumbsup:

TAILWAG
2009-09-13, 09:23 AM

agree 100%. Good food, good atmosphere, horrible service...

99ls1guy
2009-09-13, 11:08 AM
A good friend of mine works there. We were just talking about this place last night, but I have yet to try it out.

lx_machado
2009-09-13, 11:36 AM
will have to check it out

Bonzaisushi
2009-09-19, 10:04 PM
I wouldnt waste your time going to that place honestly. Their sushi, is no different than kona. I still think Kyoto is the king of sushi in KC.

Domino69
2009-09-29, 09:31 PM
Anyone had blue sushi? They are building one in corbin park... The shopping place around Von mar... Along with a bunch of other gourmet resturants. Every time I eat at Blanc, I always try to get the owner to open up one at 135th and Metcalf here. :lol2:

www.Corbinpark.com (http://www.Corbinpark.com)

lol there is soon to be 3 sushi places at one intersection. Kyoto, Kobe, and Blue sushi. :headbang:

Ricerking13
2009-09-29, 09:50 PM
I wouldnt waste your time going to that place honestly. Their sushi, is no different than kona. I still think Kyoto is the king of sushi in KC.

Hmmm wonder if they serve different sushi than the ones out here... because they are so many leagues above Kona it's unreal...

Bonzaisushi
2009-10-01, 10:39 AM
Hmmm wonder if they serve different sushi than the ones out here... because they are so many leagues above Kona it's unreal...

Same menu as their corporate website? If so, they have practically the same shit as kona.

Bonzaisushi
2009-10-01, 10:39 AM
Anyone had blue sushi? They are building one in corbin park... The shopping place around Von mar... Along with a bunch of other gourmet resturants. Every time I eat at Blanc, I always try to get the owner to open up one at 135th and Metcalf here. :lol2:

www.Corbinpark.com (http://www.Corbinpark.com)

lol there is soon to be 3 sushi places at one intersection. Kyoto, Kobe, and Blue sushi. :headbang:

ill have to give that place a shot

Ricerking13
2009-10-01, 11:54 AM
Same menu as their corporate website? If so, they have practically the same shit as kona.

I meant more about the quality of product used, and preparation put in... I figured they'd have the same menu, but that doesn't mean it's going to be the same taste...

Kona is low grade quality sushi...

At least down here RA is far from it... much softer rice, much much fresher tasting fish, and far more flavors offered.

ItalionStallion888
2009-10-01, 02:44 PM

We looove kyoto's, crazy monkey roll :worship:

Solid review........ no matter how good the food is. If YOU have to work for it, its not worth it. Going out to dinner should be nearly perfect and relaxing, cause after all that is the reason why you didn't eat at home right?

So far its been hard for me to break away from Nara, Kona, and the "Train" in Shawnee

you should try kyoto's, also sushi gin on 95th and nall, I go in there all the time, you can't beat 1.00 rolls and it's kick ass sushi.

Bonzaisushi
2009-10-01, 02:48 PM
I meant more about the quality of product used, and preparation put in... I figured they'd have the same menu, but that doesn't mean it's going to be the same taste...

Kona is low grade quality sushi...

At least down here RA is far from it... much softer rice, much much fresher tasting fish, and far more flavors offered.

Hmmm well the group i went with all agreed with me. The fish and rice was sub par. Exactly like kona.

TypeR2001
2009-10-01, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry but Kona is crap. Their sashimi was way too fishy to be considered good.

If you want good sushi then Nara is the way to go. If you feel like driving then try out Yokohama in Lawrence, KS.

Sounds like I will be skipping on RA.

Bonzaisushi
2009-10-01, 04:44 PM
Who in here said kona was good? lol

WheaMyRyceGo
2009-10-27, 06:29 PM
I use to LOVE Kyoto, but I found Edokko on 87th and Hauser. Cheaper and bigger servings.