View Full Version : Driving Cars with Extra infractions Built in

BoDarville
2009-10-26, 07:46 AM
Guys this is one of my heads up posts...

When you drive around in a car with 2, 4, or even more minor infractions hanging off it you are just asking for a really bad day. I am telling you this because I see it every day.

When you put a cover over your tag, tint your windows to anything less than 35%, put head light or tail light covers on, run neon under your car where the light source is viewable, then have your radio up loud, have a tag surround that covers part of the tag, have brake lights that don't work, or even tag lights that are burnt out you are just asking for a $300 traffic ticket.

Not that anyone one of those things would get you stopped on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis...

BUT on the wrong day when you get caught for speeding and then forget you insurance card you may damn well get a 2, 3, 4, 5 or even more ticket adventure you don't want or need.

Once a week or month walk around your car and make sure all the little things are right so you don't have a really bad day when you get stopped. Just my 2 cents.

bryon123456789
2009-10-26, 01:42 PM
Guys this is one of my heads up posts...

When you drive around in a car with 2, 4, or even more minor infractions hanging off it you are just asking for a really bad day. I am telling you this because I see it every day.

When you put a cover over your tag, tint your windows to anything less than 35%, put head light or tail light covers on, run neon under your car where the light source is viewable, then have your radio up loud, have a tag surround that covers part of the tag, have brake lights that don't work, or even tag lights that are burnt out you are just asking for a $300 traffic ticket.

Not that anyone one of those things would get you stopped on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis...

BUT on the wrong day when you get caught for speeding and then forget you insurance card you may damn well get a 2, 3, 4, 5 or even more ticket adventure you don't want or need.

Once a week or month walk around your car and make sure all the little things are right so you don't have a really bad day when you get stopped. Just my 2 cents.

hey thanks man. some good advice. people don't think about it until they get pulled over!

BluBeaSSt
2009-10-30, 11:18 AM
Sounds like some dick head busted your ass huh? :/

Scooby24
2009-10-30, 11:36 AM
Sounds like some dick head busted your ass huh? :/

I think it more likely he'd be that "dick head"

CC's70RS
2009-10-30, 12:05 PM
Why can't guys like you work for the KCPD? You sound like you care about doing a good job, and they could use people like that.

Almost every day, during my evening commute, I see cars that should be stopped and ticketed. Usually they either have no lisence plates or temp tags, no brake lights whatsoever, or they are full (5 or 6 adults holding 3 or 4 children on their laps)....none of which are wearing seatbelts. I can see why these cars are ignored, or go un-noticed; IMO, it's because any officer who pulls them over will have huge mess on their hands, and will most likely have to involve the INS, which will undoubtedly tie them up for hours with the ensuing paperwork. What fun would that be?

I saw a wreck a couple months ago....a young mexican guy rearended a car at a red light. I watched as he pushed her car into the intersection so he could get by/turn right & flee the scene. I was sitting at the cross street & did a u-turn and started pursuing him. I called 911 and spoke to the dispatcher while I tailed him. He turned down an alley/parked and ran inside some dilapidated house (turned into apartments). I sat there and waited for almost an hour before an officer showed. I pointed out the truck / house, and the office took my name & phone number and drove off. WTF!

rant off/

87supraT
2009-10-30, 12:19 PM
This is something people should do anyways for the safety of other drivers. I hate seeing brake/head lights out or turn signals not working.

Thanks for the heads up though.

BoDarville
2009-10-30, 07:59 PM
I think it more likely he'd be that "dick head"

Ouch brother, I am not a dick head to anyone :)

I always try and give everyone a heads up because I know how the system works. I also see the patterns that are coming. I see stops that used to be for one ticket and equal $100 turning into stops where people are getting 3 or more tickets because the officer is already writing and the people are already coming to court. So the officer just writes all the infractions.

Unless you have $300 to donate to a city keep your ducks in a row. Thats all I am saying.

Scooby24
2009-10-30, 08:04 PM

I always try and give everyone a heads up because I know how the system works. I also see the patterns that are coming. I see stops that used to be for one ticket and equal $100 turning into stops where people are getting 3 or more tickets because the officer is already writing and the people are already coming to court. So the officer just writes all the infractions.

Unless you have $300 to donate to a city keep your ducks in a row. Thats all I am saying.

I know, I put it in quote using Russ's words. It's nice to have someone around who's willing to give heads up and warnings for this sort of thing.

John
2009-11-01, 10:55 AM

I would imagine that city budget constraints are also playing a part in it.