View Full Version : AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook/MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro

tungo
2009-12-02, 09:44 PM
I recently ordered a new quad-core 27" iMac and purchased Apple Care along with it from www.macmall.com. However, instead of sending me the Apple Care protection plan for the iMac, they mistakenly sent me the Apple care protection for the MacBook/MacBook Air/13"MacBook Pro. This happened twice. The first one for the 3.06 Core 2 Duo, which was returned and then this for the Quad-Core purchase. For this reason, the Apple Care will not work with my iMac. I was wondering why I was charged $249 for it instead of $169, but didn't think anything of it, until I finally opened the box and checked the contents 2 weeks later. Reason for not opening it is because the Apple Care arrived before the 27" iMac and I had no reason to open it if I didn't have a computer to register it with. I can't return it now, because it's past the due date to allow for returns. I can exchange, but they will charge me restocking fee. Rather just cut my losses and move on.

It is brand new and still sealed. I have no use for it. Apple's website has it listed for $249 and that is what I was charged. I will sell it for $200. Barcode specifies that it is for MA519LL/A model computers, which are all the laptops minus the 15" and 17" MacBook Pro Laptops and iMac and Mac Pro desktops.

If you're interested, please call or text me at (913)636-9540. I'm not on here much, hence low post count.