View Full Version : will a hdd chip help my ps3?

crx_b16guy
2010-04-05, 06:01 PM
hey just wondering if a new hdd chip for my ps3 will help newer games not lock up/freeze....if you have any other ideas lmk...o my ps3 is the older 60g i got it when the p3 first came out. thanks guys:thumbsup:

Bonzaisushi
2010-04-05, 06:03 PM
No it most likely wont. Upgrading to a 7200rpm drive may help a bit but even probably wont be noticeable. Problems with the ps3? Sounds like you may be on your way to a yellow light of doom if its stuttering constantly.

crx_b16guy
2010-04-05, 07:07 PM
No it most likely wont. Upgrading to a 7200rpm drive may help a bit but even probably wont be noticeable. Problems with the ps3? Sounds like you may be on your way to a yellow light of doom if its stuttering constantly.

it may be lol....how are the new ones????any good....and i just wanna play ncaa basketball 10 it freezes i went through 4 copys!! someone told me at game stop to update my ps3 with a chip or download a system update to my harddrive i just dont know to much about it.

JDLM
2010-04-05, 07:09 PM
no such thing as a hdd chip :lol:

crx_b16guy
2010-04-05, 07:25 PM

the thing on the side that says hdd and you can pull it out in the shape of a chip that better....why start shit im asking for help not trying to get poked fun at for my lack of knowledge :lame:

JDLM
2010-04-05, 07:26 PM
the thing on the side that says hdd and you can pull it out in the shape of a chip that better....why start shit im asking for help not trying to get poked fun at for my lack of knowledge :lame:

Think you need to calm down junior

crx_b16guy
2010-04-05, 07:31 PM
Think you need to calm down junior

well hell whats the point in starting that kinda stuff...i mean really

JDLM
2010-04-05, 07:37 PM
well hell whats the point in starting that kinda stuff...i mean really

What pointing out the obvious thing such as there isn't such a thing as a chip, go get some thicker skin

Also the updates are on the Playstation console if you connect to the internet and download it

crx_b16guy
2010-04-05, 07:52 PM
What pointing out the obvious thing such as there isn't such a thing as a chip, go get some thicker skin

Also the updates are on the Playstation console if you connect to the internet and download it

lol will do....thanks for the info.

Bonzaisushi
2010-04-05, 08:26 PM
it may be lol....how are the new ones????any good....and i just wanna play ncaa basketball 10 it freezes i went through 4 copys!! someone told me at game stop to update my ps3 with a chip or download a system update to my harddrive i just dont know to much about it.

Isnt that game supposed to be fucked up? OR did i read about someones copy on here giving them shit before?... I sware i have heard of problems with this game.

crx_b16guy
2010-04-06, 05:54 AM
Isnt that game supposed to be fucked up? OR did i read about someones copy on here giving them shit before?... I sware i have heard of problems with this game.

yeah but they just said it may help....i guess there are some out there that dont freeze!!! but im sure ill never find one....they said they will not have a patch for the game:thumbsdown:

volk
2010-04-06, 07:30 AM
yeah but they just said it may help....i guess there are some out there that dont freeze!!! but im sure ill never find one....they said they will not have a patch for the game:thumbsdown:

Have you done the latest system update? Sounds like the most logical place to start.

Justin 05 STi
2010-04-06, 09:12 AM

Sure there is. You've never seen a solid state hard drive before? :wink: