View Full Version : Corner balancing and Weight transfer for racers!

John@JTauto
2010-04-22, 11:55 AM
We now do corner balancing for your racing needs. If its Drag racing or even autocross, we can transfer/adjust how you want your weight and were you want it.

We have the Intercomp SW500 E-Z weight scales, if you are interested contact us for pricing and make an appointment.
:cheers:

turbotuner20v
2010-04-22, 11:58 AM
We now do corner balancing for your racing needs. If its Drag racing or even autocross, we can transfer/adjust how you want your weight and were you want it.

We have the Intercomp SW500 E-Z weight scales, if you are interested contact us for pricing and make an appointment.
:cheers:

I drove by your shop the other day on my way to lunch at Smokin Guns, didn't realize it was right there.

Could you guys just do a baseline measurement of the car's weight w/ and w/o driver?

Kaylin@Jtauto
2010-04-22, 12:15 PM
I drove by your shop the other day on my way to lunch at Smokin Guns, didn't realize it was right there.

Could you guys just do a baseline measurement of the car's weight w/ and w/o driver?

Yes we can do that, it will be $70 for it. Would you like to schedule something for next week?

turbotuner20v
2010-04-22, 01:13 PM
Yes we can do that, it will be $70 for it. Would you like to schedule something for next week?

Ah, I'll just wait till I'm at HPT and use their scale. I'm more curious about overall weight, and while it would be interesting to see the distribution to each corner, $70 is a bit steep for what I need.

Kaylin@Jtauto
2010-04-22, 01:58 PM
Ah, I'll just wait till I'm at HPT and use their scale. I'm more curious about overall weight, and while it would be interesting to see the distribution to each corner, $70 is a bit steep for what I need.

If you don't need any adjustments, and only need actual weighing, its only $40. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood that you just wanted that part only and no adjustments.

icemangsr
2010-04-22, 02:11 PM
ORLY?

I shall be by before the next event indeed!

M

turbotuner20v
2010-04-22, 02:13 PM
If you don't need any adjustments, and only need actual weighing, its only $40. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood that you just wanted that part only and no adjustments.

That's not bad. How do you guys have the scales set and leveled?

I remember when corner balancing an E30 race car and a few others at the last shop I was in, it was challenging to find level points in the the floor as the wheelbase of the vehicles being weighed changed.

NachO_SRT
2010-04-22, 05:36 PM
What method do you use to corner balance?

70.00 is reasonable. Is that a set price or, starts at 70.00?

I have quite the monster to corner balance, it's fully adjustable, pre-load included.

Thank you.

John@JTauto
2010-04-25, 01:09 PM
What method do you use to corner balance?

70.00 is reasonable. Is that a set price or, starts at 70.00?

I have quite the monster to corner balance, it's fully adjustable, pre-load included.

Thank you.

Depends on how you want to set it up, will it be more for road racing or drag racing? I can go as far as adjusting sway bars loading them, adjusting your coilovers to transfer, or moving weight around to get the balance you want. I'll be doing front and rear then cross weighting and get the numbers set where we want it

John@JTauto
2010-04-25, 01:10 PM
ORLY?

I shall be by before the next event indeed!

M

Yes sirrr, we are like 2 blocks away just whenever give me a holla.

JaG_6_BaNgEr
2010-04-29, 01:12 PM
I might go next week before my car and I begin our diet. I just need the weight with and without driver.

snm95ls
2010-04-29, 01:16 PM
Awesome, John!

I may have to pick up some adjustable links for the rear bar and bring it down for you guys to set the corner weight.

John@JTauto
2010-05-04, 10:23 AM
I might go next week before my car and I begin our diet. I just need the weight with and without driver.

Awesome, John!

I may have to pick up some adjustable links for the rear bar and bring it down for you guys to set the corner weight.

Yes just give us a call ahead of time, I try to get on here as much as i can but the phone is the best way to get a hold of me.

snm95ls
2010-12-03, 11:35 AM
Are you guys still offering this service? If so, I would like to get the blue hatch ready to do this while I am home over winter break.

Kaylin@Jtauto
2010-12-03, 04:42 PM
Yes we do. Just give us a call 816.241.0011 or PM John when you are ready to do it. :mrgreen:

snm95ls
2010-12-03, 05:11 PM
Yes we do. Just give us a call 816.241.0011 or PM John when you are ready to do it. :mrgreen:

Sounds good. Thanks Kaylin.