View Full Version : Bike shops

ericsmith3232
2010-06-19, 09:47 PM
Any bike shops you guys recommend? Needing to get new 700c x 28 tires for the Bianchi and eventually a tune-up. I live in Wyco so preferably in the area.

xmarkx85
2010-06-19, 10:53 PM
Any bike shops you guys recommend? Needing to get new 700c x 28 tires for the Bianchi and eventually a tune-up. I live in Wyco so preferably in the area.

I honestly don't think I've ever heard about any shop in wyco. I hate to be that guy, but you could probably get a tire offline for 1/2-3/4 the price of in a shop. If you want to buy local, Bike Source in south OP has a great group of guys and great shop, not sure about turn around time on a tune up, but they're a pretty high volume shop. I went into a shop in parkville while shopping around for a new ride, shop called Cycle City. The guys in there were awesome, took the time to answer questions, didn't try to force a sale on me. If they were closer, it'd be hard to decide between them and Bike Source.

What kind of tune up are you needing? Anything specific, or are you just wanting them to run through the bike, adjust, etc...

ericsmith3232
2010-06-20, 07:33 PM
I'll look into those places. There's none in Wyco as far as I know also.. just saying within 20 miles or so. Tires would be cheaper online but all I'm needing is a set of cheapies for now with enough miles I'll get better. I can doing the adjusting it's the bearings I'd like to have rebuilt. May do it myself but would like to get some prices first.

ksingh2463
2010-06-21, 02:12 AM
for any bike parts... i order my stuff online from either wiggle.co.uk or probikekit.com or nashbar.com (i get the best deals from wiggle and pbk (pbk for tires)... they are companies based in the UK and u usually get British Royal air mail to the US for free -- takes about 4-5 business days to reach KC after being shipped :D

but for tune ups and any other needs, i highly recommend Cycle City located off of 64th St and Route 9 in Parkville... they are super cool, laid back and extremely helpful... hope this helps

ericsmith3232
2010-06-21, 03:34 PM
That's two for cycle city I'll check them out. Nashbar has some good prices on tires.. sure wish I knew what would fit on my bike. Right now it has 700c x 25 like to get 700 x 32 not sure if they'll fit.

ksingh2463
2010-06-21, 05:25 PM
That's two for cycle city I'll check them out. Nashbar has some good prices on tires.. sure wish I knew what would fit on my bike. Right now it has 700c x 25 like to get 700 x 32 not sure if they'll fit.

on my Masi road bike, i run 700x23c Vittoria Rubino Pro2s... the ride quality, handling and speed obtainable on this tire is awesome and they are also very puncture resistant... i bought mine from PBK last summer for $20 a piece (they go for $50 a piece here in the states)

MymonteSS
2010-06-22, 05:01 AM
The trek store on Shawnee mission parkway is pretty close to you. Not sure if you will find cheap stuff there or not but it's closer

old school biker
2010-06-29, 08:20 PM
there is on on leavenworth rd and 78th st it's also a lawnmower shop they do have your stuff there for you if not there is also leavenworth bike shop on delaware they sell your bike there

old school biker
2010-06-29, 08:24 PM
on that size if you don't have the set up like a mountain bike it will be a tie fit if it will 28 is the most i found to fit on a road with with stock road brakes

oldmansi
2010-06-30, 03:56 AM
theres a bike stop in blue springs and i think theres one in lee summit can u post bikes fs on on i gotta dk i need to sale

helldriver88
2010-06-30, 06:51 AM
theres a bike stop in blue springs and i think theres one in lee summit can u post bikes fs on on i gotta dk i need to sale

don't sell that DK to anyone whore! i want it back lmao.