Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default 74 Nova build

I've had this car sitting around for several years now, but work, getting married, building other cars, and getting deployed always seemed to take a priority.

So now I decided FUCK IT. I'm going to put this bitch together. I will have this thing running and complete by June, no excuses. I don't take many photos when I'm building something, but I'll go ahead and post up what I've got, and I'll try my best to update over the next few weeks as it comes together.

How it started: I bought it for $800 while I was in Texas for AIT with the Army.

Tearing it down:

The front subframe was trashed in a stump-jumping crash of some kind... So instead of just buying a new subframe, I decided to buy an entirely different 74 Nova for $500 for a parts car.

Ready for transplant

Aaadn together again:

Sourced a 600hp 12.5:1 BBC (~468ci) from a racing boat. A wide ratio M21 from a 69 Corvette. Brakes from an 02 Camaro SS. Mini-tubbed it. And put in an 8 point cage.

Ignore my shitty welding.

The front suspension is all together with QA1 coilovers, (550lb springs) Hotchkis tubular control arms, and adjustable front sway bar. I have the rearend off getting a ladder bar set up welded on.

While the rearend is gone I decided to rebuild the engine, and my dad stopped by to help me fire it off today. He's a wizard with timing and tuning a carb.

video is uploading currently.

1974 Nova
Build thread: 1 2
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Henry thanked for this post
Likes so.DOPE, Karlen liked this post

Last edited by PoXiC; 2013-04-14 at 10:35 PM..
PoXiC is offline   Reply With Quote