Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
What I've read on the VW Golf R forums is that even running a piggyback and removing it is still detectable by the VW/Audi ECM scanning software. Something about the way boost is recorded and gets saved in the memory.

With the DSG, a hefty 93-100 octane tune, TCU tune, and exhaust work, I've seen true strip times (via YouTube) in the 11.99-12.3 range at 110-114mph. Pretty dang impressive for a 4 banger turbo, especially considering what they run stock (13.4@102mph).
I have read tons of things that go both directions on its level of detectability. Either way its the least intrusive method to do so. There is a guy running the piggyback + DP + intercooler, catch can running 11.7's. This is just a daily for me so I am not too worried about the piggyback and there are hundreds of guys on the forums that have been running them for 30-40k so far with no issues. Rumor is the JB4 will be out for MBQ by the end of the year. The JB1 gets here tomorrow. Install may have to wait until Friday.
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote