Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
I have read tons of things that go both directions on its level of detectability. Either way its the least intrusive method to do so. There is a guy running the piggyback + DP + intercooler, catch can running 11.7's. This is just a daily for me so I am not too worried about the piggyback and there are hundreds of guys on the forums that have been running them for 30-40k so far with no issues. Rumor is the JB4 will be out for MBQ by the end of the year. The JB1 gets here tomorrow. Install may have to wait until Friday.
Yep, certainly impressive gains to be had with fairly simple bolt-ons, especially considering it's just a 2.0 liter turbo motor. Got to love the Germans and their abilities to extract big power from small packages.

How's the drivability? From the reviews of this car and the Golf R, I have "heard" that off boost, the car can be a bit laggy and can get caught in power dead zones, largely because of the bigger turbo. At full throttle, all is well though.

I really considered the S3 when looking at cars earlier this year. I love the size and the looks. I too will be going with a JB1 at some point with my M235. Right now the power is fine. I wish I had a local strip to test at. My Torque App is showing 1/4 mile times in the 12.9-13.1@108-109mph range with my M235 6MT (probably not real accurate, I know). That's still a long way off from those 11s you might see with that DSG and bolt-ons. LOL.