Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Yep, certainly impressive gains to be had with fairly simple bolt-ons, especially considering it's just a 2.0 liter turbo motor. Got to love the Germans and their abilities to extract big power from small packages.

How's the drivability? From the reviews of this car and the Golf R, I have "heard" that off boost, the car can be a bit laggy and can get caught in power dead zones, largely because of the bigger turbo. At full throttle, all is well though.

I really considered the S3 when looking at cars earlier this year. I love the size and the looks. I too will be going with a JB1 at some point with my M235. Right now the power is fine. I wish I had a local strip to test at. My Torque App is showing 1/4 mile times in the 12.9-13.1@108-109mph range with my M235 6MT (probably not real accurate, I know). That's still a long way off from those 11s you might see with that DSG and bolt-ons. LOL.
I got the JB1 in tonight. Substantial increase in power! I have only done a few pulls so I need to drive it more. As for the lag off boost, I can see what people say about it but I have found that by specific throttle control in lower gears I have eliminated some of it. Part of it is also the DSG's computer doing what it thinks is "ideal" or most "efficient". The transmission takes into account throttle position through each gear to determine the most "efficient" spot to shift. Plus from initial impressions the JB1 appears to have helped reduce it as well. I have no complaints with it, peaking all that torque still comes quickly in the power band. If I decide at some point to go past a catback I would probably jump to the JB4.

SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote