Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ ROE & EPSTEIN, LLP ~ (816) 421-9000 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID R|M|D Photography 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Old 2012-02-28, 12:49 PM   #1
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 382
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 14
Thumbs up Ipad 3 invite sent out

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-57...carouselMain.0

Apple today sent members of the media invites to an event in San Francisco next week, where the company is expected to unveil the next version of the iPad.
(Credit: Apple)
Confirming reports from earlier this month, Apple this morning sent out invites to an iPad-related event taking place on March 7.
As in years past, Apple is holding its event at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in downtown San Francisco, as opposed to its headquarters in Cupertino, Calif. where the company recently held its annual shareholders meeting and the unveiling of the iPhone 4S last October.
The invite says only "We have something you really have to see. And touch."
The date confirms a report from iMore (formerly Tipb) earlier this month, claiming Apple would be holding it on March 7, and matches up with a story from All Things Digital before that, which said Apple would be holding an event in the first week of March.
A report from CNBC that went out just an hour ahead of the invite suggested that Apple would be holding its event in New York instead.
Since its introduction, Apple has proclaimed both 2010 and 2011 as the "year of the iPad." The company sold 32 million iPads during its fiscal 2011, reporting another 15.43 million units in its first quarter of 2012. All told, the company's sold more than 55 million iPads since its introduction.
Related stories
This big feature rumored to be coming to this year's model is a display that packs four times the number of pixels as the first and second-generation models, bearing resemblance to the so-called Retina Displays found on the company's recent model iPhones and iPod Touches. Other expected features include a speedier processor, better cameras, and the possibility of 4G LTE networking.
Yet one of the big questions that remains is when customers will be able to buy whatever's announced. The iPad 2 went on sale just a week and a half after its unveiling, while the company's first-generation model took about three months between when it was announced and when people could buy it.
For a full list of rumors, and things to expect, be sure to check CNET's iPad 3 rumor roundup, which we've lovingly kept updated going back to early 2011.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-57...#ixzz1nhScOnXp
06g35meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 10:13 AM   #2
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for the announcement today. I just got a TFP, but im within my 30 day window if i decide i dont want it anymore... Which would be hard for me to believe after buying the keyboard last night... its SO awesome.
Old 2012-03-07, 10:16 AM   #3
bluerex

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4478...-at-ipad3-tech

Quote:
Senseg hints to Pocket-lint that iPad 3 will feature its Feel technology
EXCLUSIVE: Pieces of the puzzle suggest yes

7 March 2012 10:31 GMT / By Stuart Miles

Pocket-lint has had it all but confirmed that the iPad 3 will contain some never before seen touch technology. Senseg isn't a company you will have heard of but it makes a technology that promises to turn touch screens into Feel Screens and, come tonight, after the Apple event, it looks set to have a home in the latest must-have gadget.

"We won't be making any statements until after Apple's announcement," a company spokesman told Pocket-lint with a timing that's just too obvious to be anything else after we asked them the direct question of whether Senseg is involved in the iPad 3 launch.

While that isn't in itself a confirmation, combined with several other pieces to the puzzle - including Apple's event invitation photo and strap line pictured above - it's not a big stretch to see that the new iPad 3, or iPad HD if that becomes the name of the new Apple tablet, will indeed include Senseg technology.

To get the full picture you have to rewind back to June 2011. In an opinion piece, How Finland Brought Down Nokia & Revived Itself, for Trusted Reviews, the UK freelance journalist Gordon Kelly wrote: "Senseg is a haptics technology company founded just five years ago, the start of Nokia's decline. Unlike haptics until this point, Senseg is working on creating complex textures rather than simply buzzing your fingertips.

"The aim is to make a corrugated surface feel corrugated, a rough surface rough, a soft surface soft. The first products will ship by the end of this year and again Nokia is not Senseg's first port of call. 'We are currently working with a certain tablet maker based in Cupertino,' reveals Senseg senior vice president Ville Mäkinen."

That certain tablet maker from Cupertino that Makinen talked about is Apple. After all, how many others can you name?

Fast forward now to CES and Mobile World Congress, and the company was keen to show off its new tech to those that could find the stand.

Pocket-lint caught up with Senseg in Barcelona. We got hands-on - literally, as it's the only way to experience the haptic interface - with a couple of demos on a developer unit: an image of the kitchen tile that felt smooth until you hit the bump of the grout and a representation of a solid bit of slate-like material which had a missing part so as when we slid our finger over it, it almost felt as if the tablet gave way and our finger dropped a bit. Clever stuff indeed.

Senseg describes the tech on their website with equal measures of "magic".

"With Senseg, touch screens come alive with textures, contours and edges that users can feel. Using Senseg technology, makers of tablet computers, smart phones, and any touch interface device can deliver revolutionary user experiences with high fidelity tactile sensations. Your customers will Feel the Difference with Senseg," it says.

"Unlike effects created by mechanical vibration and piezo solutions, Senseg is silent. Moreover, with Senseg application developers have precise control of the location and type of effect users experience. What’s more, Senseg technology scales from touch pads, smart phones and tablets to the largest touch screens without increasing manufacturing complexity."

At the time of the Mobile World Congress, Apple invited us to the launch of what is expected to be the iPad 3, now also known as the iPad HD. Although Apple hasn't said that the invite features an iPad and the words: "We have something you really have to see. And touch."

It's that touch element to the invite that until now has gone unnoticed, although it led Charles Arthur, The Guardian's technology editor, to hypothesise that Apple is very literal with its invites. It likes telling us the news before it happens. You just have to break the code.

"Apple's previous event in October had a picture of some app icons, a '1' against the iPhone, and the phrase 'Let's talk iPhone' - in retrospect, a pun on the planned introduction of the single iPhone 4S, with the Siri voice-driven 'assistant' software," writes Arthur in his think piece.

Arthur goes on to say that when he "met Senseg's chiefs in their Helsinki offices in January, its directors declined to say whether they had spoken to Apple about the use of the technology in the iPad – but said they were talking to tablet manufacturers".

Indeed, in later conversations this week, when Arthur asked if Apple was a customer of Senseg, the company's technical marketing manager, replied: "That would be for Apple to say. My comment is no comment."

If Senseg's technology is used in the new iPad, it could open up a wave of new touchy-feely games and iPad apps that really involve the user, as well as meeting Apple's usual high levels of wow factor. Imagine feeling your way through a game rather than just wiping your finger over a glass screen. It sounds incredible doesn't it, and that's before you start to think of the possibilities of helping those with poor sight use the Apple tablet a lot more easily.

It would also undoubted give Apple a further edge over the competition, which so far has struggled to compete against the popularity of the iPad. A tablet that allows you to feel, "magic" Apple CEO Tim Cook will no doubt say.

So far the nearest any company has got to offering a viable and popular alternative is the Asus Transformer and Transformer Prime, although Samsung would beg to differ. Samsung's latest attempt (the company offers almost dozens of tablets at different sizes) is to add a stylus, but reviewers and the public have reacted with mixed opinion.

The Apple event is just hours away so we won't have long to find out - however you should expect to want to touch and feel the new iPad when it hopefully launches later.
I was thinking with the exception of a better display, everything else would be pretty minor vs the iPad 2. But reading about this rumor has me pretty excited.
bluerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 10:18 AM   #4
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 93
Thanks (Received): 237
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1357
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

They did invite the press to see and TOUCH it so this could be true. That would be nuts.

2013 Orange as Fuck FRS
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 10:38 AM   #5
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Leary View Post
They did invite the press to see and TOUCH it so this could be true. That would be nuts.
Yeah i would probably have to touch it before i buy, but that might convert me, although ALL of my other devices are windows/android. Not sure they would play nice together...
Old 2012-03-07, 11:34 AM   #6
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/a...ad-3-liveblog/

weirly excited about this... i am going to watch apples stock earn me some money today too!
Old 2012-03-07, 12:12 PM   #7
Slow Dsm

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 4

who cares?
Slow Dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 12:29 PM   #8
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

We now see International 4G iPads in Apple’s inventory system

Mr. X. just got word that 4G iPads are showing up in Apple’s inventory system. Here’s the first one:
MD369LL/A – IPAD WI-FI 4G 16GBLACK – USA.
That is the J2A “Good” model = 4G. That means that the 4G LTE iPads won’t only be in the US, but overseas as well. It would seem to also confirm that Apple isn’t making an 8GB iPad (if that needed confirming).

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///MDiMisa|[/B]Euro M-Sport|

97 EJ6 Civic

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 01:09 PM   #9
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 83
Likes (Given): 532
Likes (Received): 395
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 2

this quote cracked me up....

Moving on to iOS, the "world's most advanced mobile operating system."
Old 2012-03-07, 01:17 PM   #10
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a 1080p ATV!!!
Old 2012-03-07, 01:42 PM   #11
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 110
Likes (Received): 123
Dislikes (Given): 4

underwhelmed by new iPad...
Old 2012-03-07, 01:48 PM   #12
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

overwhelmed by the price tag.....$830 for the 64gb LTE model....lmfao
Old 2012-03-07, 02:11 PM   #13
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
overwhelmed by the price tag.....$830 for the 64gb LTE model....lmfao
Retina Display is nice..

- Camera is only 5 mp, iPhone 4S is 8 mp

- Is A5X true quad core... just not named A6?

- Voice Dictation but no SIRI? How extensive... can it do e-mail or pages?

- 4G LTE - Nice but not worth the price tag

- Same battery life...

iPad 2S?

If they are going to be this dramatic they need real dramatic improvements... I guess I'm the only one who thinks iOS looks long in the tooth, I was really hoping for an OS upgrade or possibly a tablet that ran something that look similar to OSX...

Last edited by CosmosM3; 2012-03-07 at 02:17 PM..
CosmosM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 02:19 PM   #14
ShaunT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 119
Likes (Received): 65
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 5

Disappointed there isn't a mini iPad.

Aka: Thatoneguy on every other Midwest forum
ShaunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 02:20 PM   #15
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunT View Post
Agreed... the wife has a Kindle Fire and honestly for taking the thing places it's much easier than lugging my ipad around. Holding it to read is much easier too...
Old 2012-03-07, 02:49 PM   #16
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 37
Thanks (Received): 107
Likes (Given): 568
Likes (Received): 741
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
It's called an ipod touch.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes KUweatherman liked this post
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 05:13 PM   #17
ShaunT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekwonder View Post
It's called an ipod touch.
I have an iPhone. It would be nice to have a 7 inch iPad at a lower price.

Old 2012-03-07, 05:18 PM   #18
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 37
Thanks (Received): 107
Likes (Given): 568
Likes (Received): 741
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
I have an iPhone. It would be nice to have a 7 inch iPad at a lower price.
I knew what you meant, I was just being a smartass, sorry.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 05:27 PM   #19
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 367
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 1521
Dislikes (Given): 3

Quote:
BAN!
Old 2012-03-07, 06:24 PM   #20
ShaunT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Doh, didn't sense the sarcasm.

Old 2012-03-07, 08:25 PM   #21
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 206
Thanks (Received): 282
Likes (Given): 530
Likes (Received): 957
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default iPad 3 / iPad 3-HD / iPad 2012 / iPad 3rd Gen whoring thread

I successfully pre-ordered two of them from Apple today. Both are 16GB wifi black. All haters can suck it.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 08:30 PM   #22
bluerex

Post Thanks / Like

I got my order in for a 16GB black model. Does anyone know if Siri comes with?
bluerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 08:33 PM   #23
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

No Siri, but it does have new dictation.

Old 2012-03-07, 08:41 PM   #24
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

btw, based on my research so far, it looks like iPad 2 cases will work with iPad 3!

Old 2012-03-07, 08:43 PM   #25
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

I will upgrade but only because I am on an original iPad 16g 3G/Wi-Fi…

Still wish it had a little bit more going on...