Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ ROE & EPSTEIN, LLP ~ (816) 421-9000 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID R|M|D Photography 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Site and Staff > DEACTIVATED - Laser Interceptor Laser Jammers

Old 2010-04-18, 04:34 PM   #1
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 206
Thanks (Received): 282
Likes (Given): 530
Likes (Received): 957
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default Laser Interceptor Group Buy for kcsr.org members!

This post and group buy is for those of you who have gotten a speeding ticket, or are worried about getting one, or who have a radar detector, or who simply like cool vehicle technology.

As many of you know, radar detectors are legal in both MO and KS, but radar jammers are illegal in the USA. During the past few years, most local LEO have made the switch to LIDAR (laser-based) speed measurement equipment. LIDAR (laser) jammers *are* legal in MO, in KS, and most other states. Check here for an up-to-date list of legality state-by-state.

To avoid getting nailed with LIDAR based speed guns, for several years I've been using what I consider to be the best laser jammer ever made: Laser Interceptor. The Laser Interceptor is capable of jamming-to-gun (JTG) in almost every real world situation, and jams close enough to give you more than enough time to slow down in any other LIDAR situation. I've been running a Laser Interceptor system in my SRT-10, and in my Z06, and have never gotten a ticket as a result of LIDAR. Combined with my Valentine1, I've got the best possible protection against speed traps. I know the guys who make the Laser Interceptor, and I know Cliff @ Laser Interceptor USA (the official US distributor). I've been dealing with them for years. Outstanding customer service all the way around, and the absolute best quality and best performing laser jammer you can buy.

For some videos of the Laser Interceptor in action, check out:

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/10701.html

It includes video of Laser Interceptor on a frigging motor home jamming LIDAR to the gun, and even taking on three different LIDAR guns at one time.

Also, search youtube for "laser interceptor".

A few of my favorite videos ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrecgnTQrLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj6-SNY_Bqc
Laser Interceptor on a flatbed truck jamming LTI Ultralyte LIDAR:
http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/q...nt=Flatbed.flv

To check out the latest 3rd party impartial tests of laser jammers, radar detectors, etc, THE definitive site is Guys of LIDAR (GOL).

All that said, if you're potentially interested in getting a laser jammer for your vehicle, now is a great time to buy. Laser Interceptor USA (LI-USA) has just become a sponsor on kcsr, and they've got an excellent group buy for kcsr members.

LI Dual Group Buy Price is $550. Retails $700.00 (Saving $150)
LI Quad Group Buy Price is $1000. Retails $1225.00 (Saving $225)

LI Dual HP (High Power) Group Buy Price is $1100 Retails $1400.00 (Saving $300)
LI Quad HP (High Power) Group Buy Price is $2000 Retails $2450.00 (Saving $450)

The nice thing about this "group buy" is that you don't have to wait for a certain number of people to commit, or for anybody else to pay first. You can go ahead and order from LI-USA right now and have your system delivered within a few days. To be clear, all units ship directly from and payments go directly to LI-USA. If you want a unit, you just need to email Cliff (aka LI-USA) at cliff@laser-interceptorusa.com, or post which version you want, DUAL or QUAD, DUAL HP or QUAD HP, and how many. If you're a paypal user, send him your paypal email address so he can invoice you via paypal; otherwise, your regular email works fine too. There is a limit of 2 units per person at the GB price, and LI-USA will immediately then send you an invoice. GB Participants must pay as they order. Once payment is received, LI-USA will ship their order immediately so no waiting for a certain number to be reached for the GB Pricing.

BTW, Cliff will be on the forum here to answer questions as well. Look for user LI-USA, check out the LI vendor forum ( http://www.kcsr.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98 ), and/or have a look at the new Radar/Laser Countermeasures forum ( http://www.kcsr.org/forumdisplay.php?f=97 ) in the Automotive section.

Those of you who have been around here for a while know that it is pretty rare for me to personally endorse a product, or vouch for the customer service of a company. Laser Interceptor is the most effective, quality made laser jammer on the market, and customer service from LI and from LI-USA is second to none.

Old 2010-04-18, 05:51 PM   #2
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 727
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 8

good timing... I've been really looking at this technology lately and may have to pull the trigger now.

I'd love to see how you have it setup on the Vette since I'd likely copy it... do you have a toggle switch to turn it off so the LEO will get a reading when you are ready for him to in order to avoid being pulled over for 'estimated speed' if he thinks his equipment malfunctioned and you were speeding?

Last edited by turbotuner20v; 2010-04-18 at 06:06 PM..
Old 2010-04-18, 05:56 PM   #3
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Here are some install PICS on a C6. The power switch is located in the console.

Cliff - LI-USA

Email Cliff at Laser Interceptor USA

Phone Technical Support: 352-688-0708 9 AM - 9 PM EST 7 Days[/size]

Last edited by LI-USA; 2010-04-18 at 06:24 PM..
Old 2010-04-18, 06:56 PM   #4
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference between the regular and high power units?

I'm looking at only running 2 front jammers

Which was tested in the '08 test... reg or hi-power? Are those results still valid w/ the lidar guns currently on the market?

Thanks can't wait to pick one up
Old 2010-04-18, 07:16 PM   #5
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

The HP LI's are designed for those who want the Ultimate Laser Countermeasures with enhanced capabilities to address the hardest of LIDAR scenarios to protect against such as high axis and wide axis attacks. The HP models have not one but two Laser Diode Emitting devices, one vertically polarized and the other horizontally, giving the HP models 30% more "effective" jamming power vs the standard LI but most importantly, they have a Vertical as well as a Horizontal component (beam's shape) to the beam whilst the standard LI only has a horizontal component so the effect down rage at the police LIDAR is much more effective!

The 2008 GOL was a standard Laser Interceptor.

Cliff - LI-USA

Old 2010-04-18, 07:50 PM   #6
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-USA View Post
The HP LI's are designed for those who want the Ultimate Laser Countermeasures with enhanced capabilities to address the hardest of LIDAR scenarios to protect against such as high axis and wide axis attacks. The HP models have not one but two Laser Diode Emitting devices, one vertically polarized and the other horizontally, giving the HP models 30% more "effective" jamming power vs the standard LI but most importantly, they have a Vertical as well as a Horizontal component (beam's shape) to the beam whilst the standard LI only has a horizontal component so the effect down rage at the police LIDAR is much more effective!

The 2008 GOL was a standard Laser Interceptor.

Cliff - LI-USA
I tried to look through your site, do you have a diagram of the projected blocking angles for the regular version and the high power version? I'd like to see how vertical the horizontal component projects vs. the vertical specific projection. Kind of a 'car on a hill' type picture w/ the cone projected out.

Last edited by turbotuner20v; 2010-04-18 at 07:53 PM..
Old 2010-04-18, 08:06 PM   #7
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

We do not have published diagrams for the differences between the Standard and HP sensors however, the beam measurements for a single horizontal diode found in the standard LI is so you can interpolate these figures to ascertain those of the HP with both a horizontal as well as a vertical oriented diodes.

Horizontal around 700ft
Vertical around 250ft

So this laser would project an oval of around 700x250ft @ 1000ft distance. Now multiply that time 2 sensors for you LI DUAL front installation!

At the edges the intensity of the beam is around 20% of the intensity in the center.

So, the HP would have these beams shape (dimensions) both horizontally as well as vertically. Again, multiplied by 2!

Cliff - LI-USA

Last edited by LI-USA; 2010-04-19 at 03:35 AM..
Old 2010-04-18, 08:15 PM   #8
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-USA View Post
We do not have published diagrams for the differences between the Standard and HP sensors however, the beam measurements for a single horizontal diode found in the standard LI is so you can interpolate these figures to ascertain those of the HP with both a horizontal as well as a vertical oriented diodes.

Horizontal around 700ft
Vertical around 250ft

So this laser would project an oval of around 700x250ft @ 1000ft distance

At the edges the intensity of the beam is around 20% of the intensity in the center.

So, the HP would have these beams shape (dimensions) both horizontally as well as vertically.

Cliff - LI-USA
sounds good, thanks for the quick responses... I'd mostly be looking for front coverage on a highway, which should be level enough that the 250ft vertical spread @ 1,000ft. would be enough.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:18 PM   #9
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

Also keep in mind that the LEO's LIDAR Gun is receiving back only a fraction of it's emitted IR whilst the LI is transmitting it's full power directly at the LEO's LIDAR Gun.

Cliff - LI-USA

Old 2010-04-18, 09:51 PM   #10
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotuner20v View Post
good timing... I've been really looking at this technology lately and may have to pull the trigger now.

I'd love to see how you have it setup on the Vette since I'd likely copy it... do you have a toggle switch to turn it off so the LEO will get a reading when you are ready for him to in order to avoid being pulled over for 'estimated speed' if he thinks his equipment malfunctioned and you were speeding?
i can show you how i routed my cables on the C6. it's actually very easy to route both back and front to the cabin without removing any body panels, drilling, etc.

Old 2010-04-18, 10:08 PM   #11
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw View Post
i can show you how i routed my cables on the C6. it's actually very easy to route both back and front to the cabin without removing any body panels, drilling, etc.
Nice... I assume you had to drill the front bumper to attach, but that it wouldn't be visible if you removed the units? I'd like to make as little impact on the car as possible.
Old 2010-04-18, 10:17 PM   #12
MFE

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 154
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 637
Dislikes (Given): 2

What's the worst anybody's been speeding when using this, passed a cop or speed trap, and not gotten stopped? I ask because this is a device that disables just one of the observing officers' court-admissable proof points. Cops still have eyes and ears, and they're admissable in court too
Old 2010-04-18, 11:26 PM   #13
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
What's the worst anybody's been speeding when using this, passed a cop or speed trap, and not gotten stopped? I ask because this is a device that disables just one of the observing officers' court-admissable proof points. Cops still have eyes and ears, and they're admissable in court too
I'd much rather have a laser warning go off, slam on the brakes, flip the system off and hope he got confused w/ a 73mph reading even though it looked like I was going faster vs. an actual laser reading of 130mph. You've got a chance at not getting a ticket or at least getting a lower estimate than what you were actually traveling.
Old 2010-04-19, 03:20 AM   #14
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
As 20v smartly noted, the idea is to get your speed down to the PSL, shut the LI off and then allow the LEO to acquire you speed and not to JTG (Jam to Gun).

Cliff - LI-USA

Old 2010-04-19, 03:37 AM   #15
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw View Post
This guy relocated his battery to one of the rear cubbies, and drilled a large hole in his firewall in order to route the positive battery cable. Drilling a smaller hole is another option if you don't want to poke holes in your grommet.

View from the engine compartment:

View from inside the cabin, under the passenger side dashboard:

See here for hints on routing cables into the cockpit on a C6 install:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...up-w-pics.html

Cliff - LI-USA

Last edited by LI-USA; 2010-04-19 at 03:42 AM..
Old 2010-04-19, 12:17 PM   #16
Henry

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 127
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 342
Likes (Received): 304
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 13

Does this ever give "False" Alerts ?

I ask because I have a Valetine One (V1) and HATE IT, because it either:

A) False alarms off EVERYTHING (stores, stop lights, other cars ect)

or

B) Doesn't go off until looooong after I have already spotted the LEO with my eyes (in which case its too late anyways).

2012 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0L Kona Blue Sexiness
2001 Ranger XTL XCab/Stepside 4x4 - 4.0L/5sp Auto
1978 Caprice Coupe - Cammed LQ9 6.0L - Sold after 18 Years www.youtube.com/user/HenryInKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolln_on_em
I love MB's but damn they are expensive to own.
RIP - KCIR: 1967-2011
Old 2010-04-19, 12:29 PM   #17
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

The Laser Interceptor uses advanced filtering to prevent falses.

Once the Laser Interceptor no longer detects the LIDAR source, it stops Jamming and alerting. It is highly recommended that once you get you speed down to the PSL (posted speed limit), you turn the Laser Interceptor OFF to allow the LEO to then acquire your speed and discourage the LEO from thinking that your car has Countermeasures.

Cliff - LI-USA

Old 2010-04-19, 04:40 PM   #18
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Does this ever give "False" Alerts ?

I ask because I have a Valetine One (V1) and HATE IT, because it either:

A) False alarms off EVERYTHING (stores, stop lights, other cars ect)

or

B) Doesn't go off until looooong after I have already spotted the LEO with my eyes (in which case its too late anyways).
Pardon the threadjack, but I have to comment on your V1 experience.

Problem A is due to your not having the V1 on the right setting. See pg 16 of the V1 manual. I run mine in advanced logic mode and don't have any significant problems with falses.

Problem B is due to either 1) poor placement of the V1, or 2) poor understanding of how a radar detector actually works *for* you. See pg 17-18 of the V1 manual for placement info. As far as how radar detectors work, remember that it works for you primarily when it detects the the LEO zapping the traffic in front of you. If you are the only car on the road, or if you are at the front of the pack, AND the LEO is using one of the very common "instant-on" radar-based speed guns, then you're possibly screwed. This is the situation I was in for the last two tickets I got ... I was the only car on the road late at night one time, and I was front of the pack the other time.

V1 manual: http://www.valentine1.com/moreinfo/D...nersManual.asp

Old 2010-04-19, 04:46 PM   #19
LI-USA

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with KW!

You may quiet up your V1 by changing the settings. Follow the procedure to do so found here: http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

Using these settings below will make it more livable at least:

1-Down ***Turns off X-Band Completely! If they use X-Band in your area, leave this arrow UP!
5-Down
6-Down
7-Down
B-Down
C-Up
D-Up
E-Down
F-Down
J-Down

Cliff - LI-USA