Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2018-08-10, 11:28 AM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default 'Kingsman 3' Character Details Reportedly Revealed

Director Matthew Vaughn has very ambitious plans for the future of the Kingsman universe, and it sounds like they're starting to come together in his followup to The Golden Circle.
A new report indicates Kingsman 3 could serve as an introduction to the franchise's first spinoff, which is referred to as Kingsman: The Great Game and will be set in the 1910s during World War I.

That Hashtag Show got their hands on a casting list for two new lead characters to the franchise who will be included in Kingsman 3, but hint that Vaughn has plans to use them once again in a prequel film.
One of the characters is said to be a teen known as Conrad, a cocky young son of a British Duke who wants to aid his country in the Great War. He sounds like another version of Eggsy, possibly creating a connection with Taron Egerton's character. There are no details of the other character except that it's an older male, and that the studio is looking at Ralph Fiennes for the role.

Kingsman 3 is set to begin filming in the UK in January, and is being billed as the final installment in the trilogy. If that's the case, it could do a lot of heavy lifting in expanding the world to allow for more spinoffs.
There were already flashbacks in Kingsman: The Golden Circle, and they could use Kingsman 3 to set up the events of The Great Game.

ComicBook.com caught up with Colin Firth and Jeff Bridges ahead of the premiere of Kingsman: The Golden Circle where they revealed Vaughn was already working on ideas for the third film in the trilogy.
“We’re working on it,” said Bridges. “Between interviews, we’re jamming on ideas. There’s no script but Matthew [Vaughn]’s been talking about it from the beginning! [Colin] You said he’s always envisioned it as a trilogy."
“I remember very early conversations with Matthew,” said Firth. “He felt that three [movies] would be right for this. He hadn’t got them mapped out, I just think he could feel three.”

This is in addition to Vaughn's and screenwriter Jane Goldman's plans for a Kingsman TV series, which will feature different characters than those on the big screen, not to mention plans to reboot the Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl franchises.
Vaughn might be planning for the end of Eggsy and Harry Hart's story on the big screen, but it sounds like the Kingsman universe is only now starting to heat up.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-09-23, 08:30 PM   #2
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

KINGSMAN 3 Officially Announced With Matthew Vaughn Returning To Write & Direct; Lands 2019 Release Date

While the Disney deal may be looming, 20th Century Fox has officially set a 2019 release date for the third and final chapter in Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman trilogy, which he will return to write & direct.

Late yesterday, 20th Century Fox officially announced that Matthew Vaughn would return to write and direct the third and presumably final chapter in his Kingsman trilogy. The studio also dated the sequel for a prime November 9, 2019 release date.

Further details are unavailable at this point in time, but expect both Taron Egerton and Colin Firth to reprise their roles since Vaughn has previously described the series capper as "the conclusion of the Harry Hart/Eggsy relationship." Also, while unconfirmed, Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, and Jeff Bridges are also rumored to return in some capacity.

Despite a mixed critical reception, Kingsman: The Golden Circle was still a major box office success, grossing over $410 million worldwide ($100M domestic; $310.6M foreign) on a relatively modest $104 million production budget. The franchise overall has grossed over $825 million worldwide.

The pending Disney deal, which will be finalized by the end of next summer, is not expected to have any serious bearing on the production of this film since cameras will likely get rolling during the first quarter of 2019.

Unread 2018-11-07, 08:41 PM   #3
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Taron Egerton Says He Won’t Return As Eggsy In Next Kingsman Movie

Taron Egerton confirms he won't return as Eggsy for the next Kingsman movie. After successfully launching the franchise in 2014, director Matthew Vaughn has been looking to expand the universe based on the Mark Millar IP. Unfortunately for fans and Egerton, the next step doesn't include the charming secret agent.

Egerton became the latest in-demand young action star after his turn as Eggsy in Kingsman: The Secret Service. He's done his best to diversify his roles with Eddie the Eagle or the upcoming Elton John biopic, but returned as Eggsy last year for Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Although the critical reception wasn't great, the movie still performed well at the box office and gave Fox and Vaughn enough confidence to continue mining this world for new stories. The plan appeared to be for Kingsman 3 to film early next year, followed immediately by the

prequel Kingsman: The Great Game. This was reportedly so prequel characters could appear in flashbacks, while allowing Eggsy and Harry Hart (Colin Firth) to remain the stars.

Something appears to have changed as franchise star Taron Egerton says he's not going to appear in the next Kingsman film. This was revealed in an interview with Yahoo during Egerton's press tour for his next action film, Robin Hood. As shocking as it may be to learn the next installment of the franchise will be without its main character, Egerton teases that Eggsy's adventure will continue.
I don’t know how hot off the press this is, and I think I’m allowed to say it, but I’m not in the next Kingsman movie. That doesn’t mean I won’t be in Kingsman ever again. I was with Matthew [Vaughn] as little as a few days ago, we’re still very much in business together, but his next journey in that world doesn’t involve me... His idea for the new one is incredibly exciting. I’m sad that I won’t be on that journey with him, but it’s not the last you’ve seen of Eggsy.

The most logical explanation for Eggsy not appearing in the next Kingsman movie is that the next film is going to be The Great Game and not Kingsman 3. The first two films are rooted in Eggsy and Harry's relationship, so it would be a major surprise to see them ditch half of the duo - especially if the one being left out is Egerton. If this is what is happening with the franchise, then the recently announced November 2019 release date is actually for The Great Game, instead of Kingsman 3 as previously believed.
Based on the news rollout surrounding The Great Game, it taking precedence in the plans isn't as surprising as leaving Eggsy out. It was previously reported that the sequel recruited Harris Dickinson to star and that Ralph Fiennes would also play a major role. More recent rumors pointed to Rachel Weisz and Brad Pitt being eyed for roles as well. All of these roles being filled and the prequel setting easily help make sense of Eggsy's absence.
With The Great Game potentiallylooking to be next up, Egerton likely won't be the only Kingsman star to not return. Although Vaughn's plans haven't been officially announced, it would appear unlikely that Harry or any of the Statesmen characters would also appear. Since Egerton is at least teasing Eggsy's return, hopefully we do get to see what comes next for the Kingsman star before it is too late.

Unread Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Taron Egerton Confirms Next Kingsman Film Is Another Origin Story

Taron Egerton starred in the first two Kingsman movies, but he won't be in the third one. But that's not to say he won't be in Kingsman 3, which is what the planned sequel is still being called. Instead, the third movie in production is actually a prequel, and Egerton confirmed that's why he won't be involved:

Even in the Kingsman universe, where anything goes, unless we can develop a time machine in the first act of the movie, I'm not going to be in it. The idea for the film is really cool. It's more of an origin story, like the first one.
Watch them now develop a time machine in the first act! But, for now, Taron Egerton confirmed to Yahoo that director Matthew Vaughn's next Kingsman movie is set about 100 years ago. So it wouldn't make sense for Eggsy to be involved.

The prequel, called Kingsman: The Great Game, reportedly follows the spy organization in the early 1900s -- or about 100 years ago, as Taron Egerton just mentioned. Last we heard, Ralph Fiennes was being eyed for that movie, but nothing official has been announced at this point.

However, there should be more Kingsman coming. Just a few months ago, Matthew Vaughn shared some ambitious plans for the Kingsman universe. There's the sequel -- Kingsman 3 -- which Vaughn said would mark "the conclusion of the Harry Hart-Eggsy relationship." He also mentioned The Great Game spinoff prequel; plus an eight-hour Kingsman TV show; plus a Statesman film set in the world introduced through the American agents played by Channing Tatum, Jeff Bridges, and Halle Berry. Phew!

Taron Egerton reiterated that, although he's not in the next movie, he would be "game" to return for a third Kingsman movie -- partly because he has to:

I am contractually obliged to be game for it. But I'm very proud of my relationship with Matthew Vaughn. I'm very proud of the movies. ... All jokes aside, I would love to come back and do a third one and wrap it up.
That third film is meant to end the trilogy following Taron Egerton's Eggsy and Colin Firth's Harry Hart, but Egerton added that he'll be happy to step away from the franchise for a while after that. The Kingsman world has dominated his 20s, and the now 29-year-old Robin Hood actor said he'd like some time apart from Eggsy to let the character mature. But he left the door open to return many years past the third movie, to maybe play the mentor to a future character.

Previous reports had suggested that Kingsman: The Great Game and Kingsman 3 would be filmed back-to-back. There was also talk that the sequel would start filming this January and introduce characters who would be featured in the prequel. But the Kingsman schedule is now as screwy as that official MCU timeline, 'cause it sounds like the prequel is the next film on the docket, which is why Taron Egerton won't be involved.

This all started with Kingsman: The Secret Service in 2014, the first film based on the comic book series. That film made $414 million worldwide and was followed by Kingsman: The Golden Circle in 2017, which picked up $410 million. Will the third movie -- as opposed to Kingsman 3, sorry to be pedantic -- earn another $400M for director Matthew Vaughn? We'll have to wait and see.