Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2018-06-14, 12:33 PM   #1
Username:*
More awesomer than you

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 168
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 1002
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default New family hauler (no longer #MAGA)

A continuation of this thread: http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=169621

After everything that happened (and was ultimately resolved), we were left with a Terrain that from day one was having issues. If the interior got super hot after sitting outside all day, the Infotainment screen would just black out and not work. When we fueled it up, it would sometimes have trouble starting afterwards. Add in a nasty rattle from the headliner and reading issue after issue from owners with new Terrains that service departments had no idea how to fix we were left pretty frustrated and without much confidence. We under no circumstance wanted to return to the dealer that screwed everything up every time we spoke with them which left us with the closest option being in Kansas City. Realizing the hassle of transporting a vehicle 30-40 minutes every time it needed something my wife decided enough was enough and said she wanted something else.

We decided to go with our back up option the first time around (and the one we were going to get before seeing the Terrain) which was a Honda CR-V. After spending a couple of days haggling with damn near every Honda dealership within 150 miles of here it became apparent that because of the prices of used ones it made more sense to go new. Dealers were far more aggressive with selling a new one over a used one. I actually paid less for our brand new CR-V EX-L than any one year old low mileage example around.

Thanks to the killer deal we got on the Terrain we didn't take a bath in it. They are losing value rapidly thanks to GMC offering huge discounts on them all of the time so I was happy that they were within a couple hundred dollars of paying it off in full. I was surprised at how little interest most dealers had in taking in a Terrain. A lot of them said they'd likely just send it to auction because of the new prices on them.

Anyhoo, this EX-L model has anything and everything we were wanting. The Honda safety tech is nothing short of incredible (and is better than the Mazda safety tech for sure) and the Infotainment system doesn't seem as bad as I've been led to believe it'd be. It's not the best unit, but it seems to operate pretty well and is intuitive enough to pick it up quickly. I think once I change out the wood trim on the interior it'll look a lot better which is about the only big gripe I have. The color combination is a bit weird but was my favorite of all the options (wife chose the car, I chose the color). It's red until the sun hits it and then it turns orange.

We bought from Legends Honda and it was one of the smoothest buying experiences I've had. They were very relaxed and worked with us quite a bit since we have a really busy timeline right now between selling a house and having a toddler. I'd recommend them to anyone.

2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport 6mt
Username:* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-06-14, 05:43 PM   #2
kcstreeter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 16

Nice. My oldest daughter had a 99 CRV. Bought it with 93,000 traded it in with about 137,000 and she only had 2 issues with it. Window regulator and left front wheel came off while driving. Other than those 2 it was trouble free and still ran strong. Transmission still shifted smooth and A/C still worked. She like the fold table in the back. She just wanted something newer.

Congrats no doubt it will give you years of trouble free driving.
kcstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-06-14, 10:02 PM   #3
Solomon

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 317
Likes (Received): 206
Dislikes (Received): 7

I bought an 18 CR-V EX in February. Already have 11k miles on it, it's been great.
Unread 2018-06-15, 09:33 AM   #4
maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 69
Likes (Received): 270
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I bought an 18 CR-V EX in February. Already have 11k miles on it, it's been great.
Jesus, you must drive it a lot.
Unread 2018-06-15, 09:49 AM   #5
Solomon

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 317
Likes (Received): 206
Dislikes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardDRIVESfast View Post
Jesus, you must drive it a lot.
It's been slower than usual. I put 50k miles on my Prius last year.
Unread 2018-06-15, 10:12 AM   #6
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 700
Likes (Given): 361
Likes (Received): 4005
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

My experience with a terrain also wasn't particularly favorable. Luckily ours held resale well but their quality is just not comparable to their competitors.

I recall wondering why they were doing such steep discounts on brand new model year vehicles for the terrain and now it sounds like we know why.
Unread 2018-06-15, 04:57 PM   #7
Username:*
More awesomer than you

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 168
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 1002
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
My experience with a terrain also wasn't particularly favorable. Luckily ours held resale well but their quality is just not comparable to their competitors.

I recall wondering why they were doing such steep discounts on brand new model year vehicles for the terrain and now it sounds like we know why.
The GMC "experience" in general was bad. Both the dealership and service department caused us headaches that they ultimately made right after a lot of work. When I tried communicating it all to GMC corporate they seriously gave no fucks. Zero. They just closed out my survey before I could finish it and told me to communicate with the dealership since it was a dealership issue.

We both really liked the Terrain when it was running perfectly. We took it to Omaha and the voice command infotainment is the best I've ever used. I could literally do anything I wanted from it easily and fast. It was comfortable, I loved the looks inside and out, and it drove great (media disagrees but I don't know what they're smoking), and the built in wifi allowed my wife to get a ton of work done on the drive up there from her work laptop which helped ease her stress. Add in 30mpg, great low end torque, an insane amount of room, and it was the perfect family vehicle. Too bad after 3,000 miles it had so many issues. If we had good service and support I'd likely deal with it but we had no confidence in anything being fixed correctly and without drama. Oh well.

2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport 6mt
Username:* is offline   Reply With Quote