Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2013-03-05, 09:42 AM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 156,184
Post Thanks / Like
Exclamation North Korea threatens to scrap armistice ending war










By Jack Kim and Louis Charbonneau
SEOUL/UNITED NATIONS | Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:45am EST

(Reuters) - North Korea threatened on Tuesday to scrap an armistice that ended the 1950-53 civil war and sever a military "hotline" with the United States if South Korea and Washington pressed on with two-month-long war games.
It was a notable sharpening in the North's often bellicose rhetoric and followed word from U.N. diplomats that the United States and China had struck a tentative deal on a draft U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution that would punish North Korea for its third nuclear test, which it conducted last month.
"We will completely nullify the Korean armistice," the North's KCNA news agency said, quoting the Korean People's Army (KPA) Supreme Command spokesman.
"The war exercise being done by the United States and the puppet south Korea is a systematic act of destruction aimed at the Korean armistice."
The two Koreas remain technically at war since the 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce rather than a peace treaty.
"We will be suspending the activities of the KPA representative office at Panmunjom (truce village) that had been tentatively operated by our army as the negotiating body to establish a peace regime on the Korean peninsula," KCNA quoted the spokesman as saying.
"Related to that, we will be making the decision in parallel to cut off the Panmunjom DPRK-U.S. military hotline."
North Korea, officially called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), has made much of hotlines with the South and the United States over the years, but has not been known ever to have used them in times of increased tension.
About 200,000 Korean troops and 10,000 U.S. forces are expected to be mobilized for their defensive "Foal Eagle" exercise, under the Combined Forces Command, which began on March 1 and goes on until the end of April. Separate computer-simulated drills called "Key Resolve" start on March 11.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, the U.N. diplomats said they hoped to receive the draft resolution on North Korea at Tuesday's council session. They added that they would like to see the council vote on the resolution by the end of this week.
"I hope to see a draft tomorrow perhaps, but you know it's up to the Americans," a diplomat told Reuters on condition of anonymity. Details of the draft were not immediately available.
The U.N. press office announced separately that Russia, which holds the presidency of the 15-nation Security Council this month, would convene closed-door consultations on North Korea at 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) in New York on Tuesday.
CHINA ASKS FOR "PRUDENT" RESPONSE
China's Foreign Ministry declined to confirm that it had reached a deal with the United States.
"We have said many times that China supports an appropriate response from the U.N. Security Council and have also expressed our stance that we oppose North Korea conducting its nuclear test," spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters.
"At the same time, we are resolute in believing that the relevant response has to be prudent and moderate, has to prevent an escalation, be conducive to the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, prevent nuclear proliferation and maintain the peace and stability of Northeast Asia."
Council diplomats have said that they would like to strengthen the provisions in previous sanctions resolutions adopted after North Korea's 2006 and 2009 nuclear tests - above all those related to the inspection and seizure of shipments of banned items and toughening financial restrictions.
The U.N. Security Council strongly condemned North Korea's third nuclear test, on February 12, and vowed to take action against Pyongyang for an act denounced by all major world powers, including ally China.
Pyongyang said at the time that the test was an act of self-defense against "U.S. hostility" and threatened stronger steps if necessary.
In January the Security Council passed a resolution expanding U.N. sanctions against North Korea due to its December rocket launch and warned Pyongyang against further launches or nuclear tests. North Korea responded by threatening a new atomic detonation, which it then carried out the following month.
North Korea's previous nuclear tests prompted the Security Council to impose sanctions that included a ban on the import of nuclear and missile technology, an arms embargo and a ban on luxury goods imports.
There are 17 North Korean entities, including banks and trading companies, on the U.N. blacklist, and nine individuals - all linked to North Korea's nuclear and missile programs. U.N. diplomats say many more entities and individuals could be subject to international asset freezes and travel bans.
Beijing has supported all previous sanctions resolutions against Pyongyang but only after working hard to dilute proposed measures in negotiations on the texts. It has been concerned that tougher sanctions could further weaken the North's economy and prompt refugees to flood into China.
(Additional reporting by Sui-Lee Wee in BEIJING and Jack Kim in SEOUL; Writing by Nick Macfie)
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 10:01 AM   #2
volksmech
volksmech > God
 
volksmech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: the dreams in which i die are the best i've ever had
Posts: 18,640
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 632
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

:l olg:
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun
I think it needs a LS1
volksmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 12:15 PM   #3
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف
 
FOACAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 73,834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148
Default

That little fat fucker really has no idea what is going on in his country it seems like.

I know it would cost a lot of lives, but I hope we wipe NK out and make it just Korea.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:34 PM   #4
bryanwheat
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 4,335
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 122
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 12
Default

I would prefer to just pull our troops from south Korea and let them fight all they want. Who ever wins is the real Korea. I'd almost have to put my money on the north strictly due to number of troops and the fact that they are brainwashed drones that will die for their "dear leader".
bryanwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:41 PM   #5
Marlin336sc
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: De Soto, Kansas
Posts: 1,071
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 301
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 765
Likes (Received): 92
Dislikes (Given): 42
Dislikes (Received): 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
That little fat fucker really has no idea what is going on in his country it seems like.

I know it would cost a lot of lives, but I hope we wipe NK out and make it just Korea.
Head right on over Mr. One Man Army! Make sure you sacrifice your one life for some other men's wealth and power.
__________________
There's no liberty left, in a world riddled with control.
Marlin336sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:46 PM   #6
uprrman23
 
uprrman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KCMO
Posts: 16,499
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 267
Thanks (Received): 319
Likes (Given): 1963
Likes (Received): 2502
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 51
Default

I'm sorry but this man says all that needs to happen to solve all problems is for Obama to just give him a call.

uprrman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:48 PM   #7
Prolific
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here and There.
Posts: 8,659
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 446
Thanks (Received): 103
Likes (Given): 3802
Likes (Received): 840
Dislikes (Given): 110
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprrman23 View Post
I'm sorry but this man says all that needs to happen to solve all problems is for Obama to just give him a call.

Hahaha I heard about this. I'm pretty sure Rodman is a robot anyway, they just reprogrammed him.
__________________
2007 Gsx-R 750
1994 Integra GSR
1993 Civic EG VX
1995 Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy has a EK View Post
your just a dumb ass fuck this im done with these dumdasses!.
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:50 PM   #8
uprrman23
 
uprrman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KCMO
Posts: 16,499
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 267
Thanks (Received): 319
Likes (Given): 1963
Likes (Received): 2502
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 51
Default

his interview was quite comical, to say the least.
uprrman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 04:59 PM   #9
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 156,184
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanwheat View Post
I would prefer to just pull our troops from south Korea and let them fight all they want. Who ever wins is the real Korea. I'd almost have to put my money on the north strictly due to number of troops and the fact that they are brainwashed drones that will die for their "dear leader".
I think you underestimate the fighting force in the South by a lot .



(fwiw: I've sat through plenty of S.Korean/N. Korean force briefings)
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes djquik1 liked this post
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 05:29 PM   #10
djquik1
 
djquik1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Topeka
Posts: 3,337
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 543
Likes (Received): 318
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
I think you underestimate the fighting force in the South by a lot .
This
__________________
newbie that knows nothing
djquik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 05:43 PM   #11
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف
 
FOACAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 73,834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin336sc View Post
Head right on over Mr. One Man Army! Make sure you sacrifice your one life for some other men's wealth and power.
Its funny how hard you try and yet just sound out of your mind bat shit crazy.


Like has been said, S.K. could take care of N.K. if they wanted to. Like I said, though, there would be a high death toll involved.

In a joint scenario of the US and SK taking them out (if China turned a blind eye to it) the US could air strike the shit out of every known artillary position and air base and have the South run the ground assault fast and heavy straight to the capital.

That is ignoring a LOT of external influences into it though and treating it as if it were a game or a pen and paper war. Thus, it would never happen the way the world is today unless NK really did something overt.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 05:57 PM   #12
djquik1
 
djquik1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Topeka
Posts: 3,337
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 543
Likes (Received): 318
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
Its funny how hard you try and yet just sound out of your mind bat shit crazy.

No, I think his commentary leads people to believe he is sick of your shit......

Just my $.02 worth on that.
__________________
newbie that knows nothing
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Marlin336sc thanked for this post
Likes turbofreek, Marlin336sc liked this post
djquik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 06:02 PM   #13
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف
 
FOACAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 73,834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djquik1 View Post
No, I think his commentary leads people to believe he is sick of your shit......

Just my $.02 worth on that.


And im sick of his....

Its a two way street?


His commentary is useless drivel that has no bearing on any of the discussions on this site. He babbles about nothing and throws in "one man army" and other mindless nonsense like it makes a point or something.

This is a discussion forum, learn to have an actual discussion without sounding like the drunk idiot at the bar that cant form a coherent sentence and everyone else wishes would shut the fuck up.


I do like you stalking my posts to hit dislike though, makes me smile when i see it.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 06:18 PM   #14
djquik1
 
djquik1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Topeka
Posts: 3,337
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 543
Likes (Received): 318
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post


And im sick of his....

Its a two way street?


His commentary is useless drivel that has no bearing on any of the discussions on this site. He babbles about nothing and throws in "one man army" and other mindless nonsense like it makes a point or something.

This is a discussion forum, learn to have an actual discussion without sounding like the drunk idiot at the bar that cant form a coherent sentence and everyone else wishes would shut the fuck up.


I do like you stalking my posts to hit dislike though, makes me smile when i see it.

I looked back on some of the recent threads that are getting new replies that I posted in and missed some of your commentary. I hit dislike on what I disliked. I am not stalking you so you can get off that high horse.

I appreciate that you are in the military and the service you do for this country, and that is where my appreciation of you ends. The way you treat people and act on here, well you come across as an utter douchebag and I can see why some people react to you the way the do. Marlin bought into the conspiracy theory(s), so what.....Not tough to do when so much crap is going on right now. Attacking Drag over his weight...tough keyboard e-thugging at it's finest right there. Sorry but I don't buy into you being innocent of any wrong doing and you are here for intellectual discussion only.

I'm off my soap box now and this can get back to an actual discussion
__________________
newbie that knows nothing
djquik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-05, 06:42 PM   #15
Marlin336sc
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: De Soto, Kansas
Posts: 1,071
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 301
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 765
Likes (Received): 92
Dislikes (Given): 42
Dislikes (Received): 40
Default

Some times, the only way I can even come to deal with some view points on this site, is when i'm drinking... I'm sober right now though!

Yes, are there some things that are a bit out there that I have looked into... Yes, i'll admit that. However you thinking that somehow I must support this nation blowing everything up just to flex our muscles, or to continue this empire in such a way. Well I will never support it again. I refuse.

I didn't say I was perfect, but I also have learned from my Grandfather how stupid war was/is, and speaking of Korea... Guess what war he was in... THE KOREAN WAR!!! He was young and like most southern boys wanted to serve uncle sam. It still doesn't change the fact that he killed other human beings over GOVERNMENT BS. When in fact it's almost pointless that he did go fight Communism, when it's socialism/communism that's the new hip thing in America. You know how much he regrets some of the fucked up shit he did over there, or how some of his best buddy's got shot or blown up by mortars. What did they die for? So that all of us can be having to be living in fear of losing our bill of rights, or of a government that really doesn't give a fuck about average everyday people.

My father also served in the army as well, and was infantry, however he was in from 80-83 and never had to go fight a senseless war. Thank god, because at that age with him coming from what he did, I am 100% sure that he would have killed anyone he was ordered too.

At this point there is no way I would even want to be in the US military, let alone them allow me in with how much I am against following blindly.

I don't trust you FOACAD. I think you're a warmonger type of guy, and you're lacking the respect for human life. Maybe I see it differently from you, because I don't believe in any other life than this one right now. I don't want to go take up arms against every other nation out there. As a matter of fact I am still amazed that N. Korea is even ran by who it is! We beat communism by making them bankrupt (Afghanistan), we can stage a coe in Iran and even back an Arab Spring, but we can't somehow convince a revolution in N. Korea?
__________________
There's no liberty left, in a world riddled with control.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks turbofreek thanked for this post
Likes turbofreek liked this post
Marlin336sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 01:33 AM   #16
bryanwheat
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 4,335
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 122
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
I think you underestimate the fighting force in the South by a lot .



(fwiw: I've sat through plenty of S.Korean/N. Korean force briefings)
By a lot huh. The south along with the biggest baddest military in the world couldn't defeat the north Koreans in the 50's, what makes it any different now? We couldn't defeat a more primitive Vietcong army 20 years later with a much larger more sophisticated army. We took what 8 years in iraq, 10+ in Afghanistan against far easier opponents. Lets start off with the fighting force as you say. The south has around 640k active and 2.9m reserves, The north has around 1.1m active with 8.2m reserves. You do the math there for me. North korea has around 1000 more tanks, the north has about 200 more combat aircraft. The south does have more naval support, but that is about the only place that they are hands down better at. Lets not forget that north korea is crazy enough to use nuclear weapons also. They only have a few with no real delivery system, but even a small nuke can do lots of damage on a city if you can get it there.
bryanwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 01:55 AM   #17
Ryan H.
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frankfort, KY
Posts: 6,417
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 81
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 165
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 66
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanwheat View Post
By a lot huh. The south along with the biggest baddest military in the world couldn't defeat the north Koreans in the 50's, what makes it any different now? We couldn't defeat a more primitive Vietcong army 20 years later with a much larger more sophisticated army. We took what 8 years in iraq, 10+ in Afghanistan against far easier opponents. Lets start off with the fighting force as you say. The south has around 640k active and 2.9m reserves, The north has around 1.1m active with 8.2m reserves. You do the math there for me. North korea has around 1000 more tanks, the north has about 200 more combat aircraft. The south does have more naval support, but that is about the only place that they are hands down better at. Lets not forget that north korea is crazy enough to use nuclear weapons also. They only have a few with no real delivery system, but even a small nuke can do lots of damage on a city if you can get it there.
/facepalm

You think you know, but you really DON'T know.
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 01:57 AM   #18
Ryan H.
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frankfort, KY
Posts: 6,417
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 81
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 165
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 66
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin336sc View Post
Some times, the only way I can even come to deal with some view points on this site, is when i'm drinking... I'm sober right now though!

Yes, are there some things that are a bit out there that I have looked into... Yes, i'll admit that. However you thinking that somehow I must support this nation blowing everything up just to flex our muscles, or to continue this empire in such a way. Well I will never support it again. I refuse.

I didn't say I was perfect, but I also have learned from my Grandfather how stupid war was/is, and speaking of Korea... Guess what war he was in... THE KOREAN WAR!!! He was young and like most southern boys wanted to serve uncle sam. It still doesn't change the fact that he killed other human beings over GOVERNMENT BS. When in fact it's almost pointless that he did go fight Communism, when it's socialism/communism that's the new hip thing in America. You know how much he regrets some of the fucked up shit he did over there, or how some of his best buddy's got shot or blown up by mortars. What did they die for? So that all of us can be having to be living in fear of losing our bill of rights, or of a government that really doesn't give a fuck about average everyday people.

My father also served in the army as well, and was infantry, however he was in from 80-83 and never had to go fight a senseless war. Thank god, because at that age with him coming from what he did, I am 100% sure that he would have killed anyone he was ordered too.

At this point there is no way I would even want to be in the US military, let alone them allow me in with how much I am against following blindly.

I don't trust you FOACAD. I think you're a warmonger type of guy, and you're lacking the respect for human life. Maybe I see it differently from you, because I don't believe in any other life than this one right now. I don't want to go take up arms against every other nation out there. As a matter of fact I am still amazed that N. Korea is even ran by who it is! We beat communism by making them bankrupt (Afghanistan), we can stage a coe in Iran and even back an Arab Spring, but we can't somehow convince a revolution in N. Korea?
It's posts like this that reaffirm why I have you on ignore.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ItalionStallion888 liked this post
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 08:16 AM   #19
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,134
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin336sc View Post
Some times, the only way I can even come to deal with some view points on this site, is when i'm drinking... I'm sober right now though!

Yes, are there some things that are a bit out there that I have looked into... Yes, i'll admit that. However you thinking that somehow I must support this nation blowing everything up just to flex our muscles, or to continue this empire in such a way. Well I will never support it again. I refuse.

I didn't say I was perfect, but I also have learned from my Grandfather how stupid war was/is, and speaking of Korea... Guess what war he was in... THE KOREAN WAR!!! He was young and like most southern boys wanted to serve uncle sam. It still doesn't change the fact that he killed other human beings over GOVERNMENT BS. When in fact it's almost pointless that he did go fight Communism, when it's socialism/communism that's the new hip thing in America. You know how much he regrets some of the fucked up shit he did over there, or how some of his best buddy's got shot or blown up by mortars. What did they die for? So that all of us can be having to be living in fear of losing our bill of rights, or of a government that really doesn't give a fuck about average everyday people.

My father also served in the army as well, and was infantry, however he was in from 80-83 and never had to go fight a senseless war. Thank god, because at that age with him coming from what he did, I am 100% sure that he would have killed anyone he was ordered too.

At this point there is no way I would even want to be in the US military, let alone them allow me in with how much I am against following blindly.

I don't trust you FOACAD. I think you're a warmonger type of guy, and you're lacking the respect for human life. Maybe I see it differently from you, because I don't believe in any other life than this one right now. I don't want to go take up arms against every other nation out there. As a matter of fact I am still amazed that N. Korea is even ran by who it is! We beat communism by making them bankrupt (Afghanistan), we can stage a coe in Iran and even back an Arab Spring, but we can't somehow convince a revolution in N. Korea?
I will agree that wars are mostly avoidable, and usually for monetary gain. However, convincing a revolution to happen in N Korea is pretty much an impossibility. Why? because they are like China, and fill their peoples heads with mindless propoganda. They control everything the people hear and see. They have, for decades, pounded in their childrens skulls that the US is evil. One cannot say that only the US is squaring off against NK. China, its biggest ally, is also joining the warnings to NK to stop doing stupid shit and grow up.

The pudgy little fat fucker over their is simply pounding his chest, hoping that his dead father would be proud of him.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 08:27 AM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 156,184
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H. View Post
/facepalm

You think you know, but you really DON'T know.
Pretty much, guy reads something on wiki and he's a subject matter expert.

Everything looks amazing on paper and the numbers must be true

I will say there have been 2 veterans that have posted, that have been in Korea and have been through similar class/briefs on the forces of N. Korea, so really don't think I am going to go w/ Bryan Wheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
I will agree that wars are mostly avoidable, and usually for monetary gain. However, convincing a revolution to happen in N Korea is pretty much an impossibility. Why? because they are like China, and fill their peoples heads with mindless propoganda. They control everything the people hear and see. They have, for decades, pounded in their childrens skulls that the US is evil. One cannot say that only the US is squaring off against NK. China, its biggest ally, is also joining the warnings to NK to stop doing stupid shit and grow up.

The pudgy little fat fucker over their is simply pounding his chest, hoping that his dead father would be proud of him.

This ^ pretty much

He is just doing what his father did and grandfather always did, making idle threats. The training happens all the time in the south, and every couple of years the north tosses out threats.

They are in fact a mindless state, starved and pretty much below poverty. I really don't think why people say "have them rise up" when they are brainwashed since birth to follow the rules set up.
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes turbofreek liked this post

Last edited by JDLM; 2013-03-06 at 08:31 AM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 08:51 AM   #21
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 28,595
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 1923
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

I would be interested to see what would happen with the North if we lifted economic sanctions on them. In the long term I don't believe sanctions do a lot of good. The people in the government keep on trucking while the citizens suffer. I get the idea is to get them to rise up against their own gov't but how has that worked out so far in Cuba (another communist/socialist state whom we have placed strict economic sanctions on)?
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes djquik1 liked this post
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 09:05 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 156,184
Post Thanks / Like
Default

I don't think the sanctions work either, theDPRK was/is still able to get to things that were on the list through channels in China, but as stated above that relationship is showing signs of strain.
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 09:07 AM   #23
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 156,184
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Seoul Warns That North Korea’s Leadership Could Be Target


SEOUL, South Korea — The South Korean military warned on Wednesday that if provoked by North Korea, it would strike the North’s "command leadership," in a sharp escalation of a war of words that hinted at an attack on a North Korean headquarters.



The warning came a day after the North Korean People’s Army threatened to attack the United States and its South Korean ally with "lighter and smaller nukes" – an outburst provoked by the United Nations Security Council’s consideration of tough new sanctions on Pyongyang as punishment for its February nuclear blast.
North Korea’s typically strident rhetoric has grown bolder following its successful recent tests of a long-range rocket and nuclear device, especially in the past week as the United States and South Korea started their joint annual military exercises.
South Korea usually does not respond to North Korean tongue-lashing, dismissing it as propaganda. But amid fears among officials and analysts here that North Korea might provoke a deadly skirmish to shake the new government of President Park Geun-hye and destabilize the region, the South Korean military called a news conference on Wednesday to deliver one of its most categorical public warnings in recent months.
"If North Korea attempts a provocation that threatens the lives and security of our people, our military will forcefully and decisively strike not only the origin of provocation and its supporting forces but also its command leadership," said Maj. Gen. Kim Yong-hyun, chief operations officer at the military’s Office of Joint Chiefs of Staff. "We make it clear that we are all prepared."
The two Koreas’ front-line units exchanges artillery fire in 2010 after North Korea launched a barrage against a South Korean border island. That same year, 46 South Korean sailors were killed when their navy corvette sank in an explosion that the South blamed on a North Korean torpedo attack. South Korea has since vowed to strike back with a deadlier force if North Korea provokes again.
Despite such warnings, however, officials feared that the young Mr. Kim, or a new crop of ambitious North Korean generals under him, might be emboldened by their nuclear weapons to believe that they could get way with new provocations with impunity.
"We read their confidence in nuclear weapons behind their aggressive, more provocative rhetoric and actions recently," said Chang Yong-seok, an analyst at the Institute for Peace and Unification Studies at Seoul National University. "There is a higher possibility of North Korea attempting a provocation, something that would involve limited causalities but have all the impact that one expects from an armed provocation."
Threats to attack the United States and South Korea are almost a daily fare in North Korea, where its governing "military-first" ideology is based on a belief that the isolated country was on the verge of invasion and must sacrifice to build a strong military to assure independence and prosperity. Still, unlike his late father, Kim Jong-il, who had seldom spoken in public, Mr. Kim has often been quoted in recent North Korean media reports with militant rhetorical blasts.
The verbal sparring came as the United Nations Security Council moved closer to expanding sanctions on North Korea for its nuclear and ballistic missile activities. The United States and China introduced a resolution that would target North Korean bankers and overseas cash couriers, tighten inspections of suspect ship and air cargo, and subject the country’s diplomats to invasive scrutiny and increased risk of expulsion.
Passage of the measure, drafted in response to the third North Korean underground nuclear test three weeks ago, seemed all but assured, in part because China — North Korea’s major benefactor — participated in drafting the language. It would be the fourth Security Council sanctions resolution on North Korea, which has defied the previous measures with increasing belligerence. A vote was expected on Thursday.
Susan E. Rice, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, who introduced the resolution in a closed session of the 15-member Security Council, told reporters afterward that it “builds upon, strengthens and significantly expands the scope of the strong U.N. sanctions already in place.”
For the first time, she said, the resolution would target “the illicit activities of North Korean diplomatic personnel, North Korean banking relationships, illicit transfers of bulk cash and new travel restrictions.” In the past, North Korea has been accused of running extensive counterfeiting and illegal drug enterprises, to raise much-needed hard currency.
Ms. Rice declined to predict whether the North would respond with another nuclear test or other retaliation. “All I can tell you is that the international community is united and very firm in its opposition to North Korea’s illicit nuclear and missile programs,” she said. “And the more provocations that occur, the more isolated and impoverished, sadly, North Korea will become.”
The Americans did not publicly release the resolution text. But a Security Council diplomat familiar with the measure, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the language may still be subject to revision, said it broke new ground with restrictions and prohibitions on North Korean banking transactions, new travel restrictions and increased monitoring of North Korean ship and air cargo.
The diplomat also said that the resolution added a special lubricant and valve, needed for uranium enrichment, to items that North Korea cannot import.
The resolution would also place greater scrutiny on North Korean diplomatic personnel who are suspected of carrying proscribed goods and cash under the guise of official business, exposing them to possible deportation. “We know there are diplomats out there cooking up deals and moving funds around,” the Security Council diplomat said.
Among the other provisions, the diplomat said the resolution also included new language aimed at enforcement that had been absent from the earlier resolutions. It requires, for example, that if a North Korean cargo vessel crew refuses a host country’s request for inspection, the host is under a legal obligation to deny the vessel port access.
If a cargo plane is suspected of carrying prohibited goods to or from North Korea, the resolution would urge, but not require, that it be denied permission to fly over any other country — a new provision that could affect China, which routinely permits North Korean flights over its territory.
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 10:12 AM   #24
phreakdna
 
phreakdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leawood
Posts: 6,479
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 609
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I would be interested to see what would happen with the North if we lifted economic sanctions on them. In the long term I don't believe sanctions do a lot of good. The people in the government keep on trucking while the citizens suffer. I get the idea is to get them to rise up against their own gov't but how has that worked out so far in Cuba (another communist/socialist state whom we have placed strict economic sanctions on)?
it worked pretty well against Iran and Iraq but we didn't follow up with support. it can be argued that sanctions against Gadhafi did some good once the uprising started...

Cuba (imo) was more about curbing their ambitions to be involved in international affairs (which they weren't). I would agree that they should be lifted in Cuba but with NK (again imo) the sanctions are as much about limiting their trade in general because they have nuclear tech that they would presumably sell to just about anyone.

sanctions can do a lot of good but they need to have a defined purpose or they simply become punitive without reason.
__________________
Hamilton on requiring Congressional supermajorities "...its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority." - Federalist No. 22
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-03-06, 10:38 AM   #25
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 28,595
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 1923
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
it worked pretty well against Iran and Iraq but we didn't follow up with support. it can be argued that sanctions against Gadhafi did some good once the uprising started...

Cuba (imo) was more about curbing their ambitions to be involved in international affairs (which they weren't). I would agree that they should be lifted in Cuba but with NK (again imo) the sanctions are as much about limiting their trade in general because they have nuclear tech that they would presumably sell to just about anyone.

sanctions can do a lot of good but they need to have a defined purpose or they simply become punitive without reason.
So why not lift them and see if presumptions are correct? Sanctions can always be reinstated.
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
north korea

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org