Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2018-07-11, 03:55 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Todd Starnes: University of Kansas flies defaced American flag on campus (on purpose!

A defaced American flag flies on the University of Kansas campus as part of an art installation. (Special to Fox News)

Patriots in the Heartland are furious after the University of Kansas raised a defaced American flag on campus. And it was intentional.
The flag, defaced with what looks like black paints and the incongruous image of a sock, is part of an art installation hosted by the Spencer Museum of Art called, “Pledges of Allegiance.”
One of my readers passed along photos of the red, white, blue and black flag flapping in the breeze. And like any right-thinking, red-blooded American patriot he was enraged.

“I’m ashamed to be a Jayhawk,” he told me. “Wake up, America.”
The defaced and desecrated flag is the work of Josephine Meckseper, according to Creative Time, a public arts organization.
“The flag is a collage of an American flag and one of my dripped paintings which resembles the contours of the United States,” Meckseper said in a post on Creative Time’s website. “I divided the shape of the country in two for the flag design to reflect a deeply polarized country in which a president has openly bragged about harassing women and is withdrawing from the Kyoto protocol and UN Human Rights Council.”
So she defaced Old Glory to take a cheap shot at President Trump? How avant-garde.
But that still doesn’t explain the black and white sock printed onto the side of the Star-Spangled Banner. Static cling, perhaps? Maybe she ran out of Bounce?
“The black and white sock on my flag takes on a new symbolic meaning in light of the recent imprisonment of immigrant children at the border,” she said.
I’m not sure I follow the symbolism unless the illegal immigrants are crossing the border sockless.
“Let’s not forget that we all came from somewhere and are only recent occupants of this country – native cultures knew to (take) care of this continent much better for thousands of years before us,” she said. “It’s about time for our differences to unite us rather than divide us.”
Speak for yourself, Ms. Meckseper.
A university spokesperson said the photo is of a display from the nationwide "Pledges of Allegiance" public arts project that went up July 5 and is at 13 locations nationwide.
The university said the exhibit is being funded by private donations.
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach tells me he is outraged by the exhibit.
"It's outrageous that you would see a public university displaying a desecrated flag," said Kobach, a Republican who is running for governor. "The fact they call it art does not make it any less of a desecration of our flag."
Kobach said it was "doubly outrageous" that the flag is being flown at a university supported by taxpayer funds.
"I call upon the university to take down that exhibit right away," he said. "It's inexplicable why they think it is OK to display an American flag in this manner."
It is unfortunate the University of Kansas has chosen to associate itself with an artist who despises the very nature of what it means to be an American.
“This is heinous,” one critic wrote on Facebook. “Publicly-funded, anti-American garbage from my alma mater.”
Someone should let the grownups in charge of Jayhawk Country know that when you pledge allegiance to the flag you do it out of love for your country, not hate.

This is interesting ...

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-07-12, 03:40 AM   #2
Oblique
Buckwheat 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 778
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

I figured the sock would have been for Trump considering he's a Puppet for Russia. I would never condone something like this in my life but now is the time when we have an entire political party working to help the interests of a foreign enemy country while committing human rights violations against illegal immigrants and not complying with court orders.
Unread 2018-07-12, 07:13 AM   #3
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 479
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 4088
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124

Where the hell is William Quantrill when you need him...
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-07-12, 07:29 AM   #4
Oblique
Buckwheat 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 778
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Where the hell is William Quantrill when you need him...
Killed by real patriots. You seem to be fond of traitors.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...union-soldiers

Quote:
William Quantrill, the man who gave Frank and Jesse James their first education in killing, dies from wounds sustained in a skirmish with Union soldiers in Kentucky.

Born and raised in Ohio, Quantrill was involved in a number of shady enterprises in Utah and Kansas during his teens. In his early 20s, he fled to Missouri, where he became a strong supporter of pro-slavery settlers in their sometimes-violent conflict with their antislavery neighbors. When the Civil War broke out in 1861, the 24-year-old Quantrill became the leader of an irregular force of Confederate soldiers that became known as Quantrill’s Raiders.

By 1862, Union forces had established control over Missouri, but Quantrill’s Raiders continued to harass the northern army and unguarded pro-Union towns over the next three years. Quantrill and other guerrilla leaders recruited their soldiers from Confederate sympathizers who resented what they saw as the unfairly harsh Union rule of their state. Among those who joined him was a 20-year-old farm kid named Frank James. His younger brother, Jesse, joined an allied guerrilla force a year later.

In August 1863, Frank James was with Quantrill when he led a savage attack on the largely defenseless town of Lawrence, Kansas. Angered that the townspeople had allowed Lawrence to be used as a sporadic base for Union soldiers, Quantrill and his guerrillas shot every man and boy they saw. After killing at least 150 male civilians, the raiders set the town on fire.

In May 1865, Quantrill was badly wounded in a skirmish with Union forces, and he died on this day in 1865. Since Quantrill’s men were guerillas rather than legitimate soldiers, they were denied the general amnesty given to the Confederate army after the war ended. Some, like Frank and Jesse James, took this as an excuse to become criminals and bank robbers.