Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2019-04-15, 03:22 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default New Genesis Concept Promises Big Surprise In Small Package

Not too long ago, a Genesis was a Hyundai sports coupe. Now that Genesis is its own luxury brand, itís so far produced fairly standard premium sedans. But somethingís coming to the New York Auto Show this week, and it promises to be something fun in a small package.

What we see here is a teaser image of the front fascia of whatever the concept is. The winged element of the brandís logo has been integrated into a cool-looking headlight effect, and the overall nose doesnít seem too big, but we donít really have a reference of scale. But the company is saying this is small, so thatís promising.
Thereís a few reasons I donít think this will be a sports car concept, though. For one, Genesis did that last year with the Essentia Concept, which people seemed to enjoy, and we donít really know if it went anywhere.

Additionally, Genesis doesnít even have a crossover or SUV on sale yet, which it almost certainly needs to be profitable, as nobody survives only off of sedans anymore. Is it possible this concept is inconceivably somehow another sedan, sized smaller than the G70? Would Genesis go full city car on us?

Judging by the seemingly solid and flat design of the face, it also seems like this will be some kind of hybrid or full electric car, so maybe itís more of a hint at the design and technological direction for the brand in the coming years.
Electric sedans are the name of the game right now, with the pioneering Tesla Model S joined by the Model 3 and the upcoming Porsche Taycan, Audi E-Tron GT, and BMW i4, not to mention the electric crossovers creeping in. Itís probably closer to something in that vein.

When I think of big surprises in small packages, I think of a puppy on Christmas. I would like this concept to make me feel that feeling. Whatever it is, though, I think a small sports coupe would just be too good to be true, so Iím not getting my hopes up.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-04-15, 03:23 PM   #2
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Genesis to Showcase a Compact EV Concept Car

A few weeks ago we were talking abouth a possible introduction of Genesis brand in the hatchback segment. In the recent years, the luxury auto industry has moved up but also down opening luxury cars availability to all the segments, sometimes without unexpected succes.

Looks like Genesis will showcase a new compact Electric Vehicle concept car at New York AutoShow according to the teaser revealed on their Instagram account. The profile remember me the Veloster.
Mercedes with the A-Class, BMW with the 1-Series and Audi with the A3 are the most remarkable ones, but other brands like Infiniti have tried the same formula with a different result. Infinite will cancel their A-Class derivative, the Q30 this year.
Also some of these brands had to associate to share cost, with other brands, like Mercedes did using Renault as small engines provider.

In the case of Genesis, this could be better in case of saving costs as being part of Hyundai Motor Group. Of course this render founded on Bobaedream is based on Hyundaiís i30/Elantra GT.

Genesis G30 could have an available range of petrol engines, from the 1.6 T-GDi to the 2.0 T-GDi could be fitted perfectly inside the hood of this hatchback.

Unread 2019-04-16, 04:45 PM   #3
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Genesis Mint Concept Is Something Very Different for the City

OK, so itís not a sports car like we half-expected. But the Genesis Mint Concept, the new luxury brandís latest concept car debut at the New York Auto Show, is definitely something different.

The concept actually isnít set to be unveiled until later this evening. As such, we donít know a ton about this concept yet except for some low-res, leaked photos from Switzerlandís 20 Minutes (the place we all go to get our automotive scoops, Iím sure) and some loosely translated details.

But from those, we know the Mint is an electric hatchback and city car, which to me seems aimed directly at Miniís electrified plans (and another direct shot at BMW from Genesis.) Itís a swoopy hatchback design with huge wheels and, of all things, hinged rear doors that pop out of the trunk.
Practical? Probably not. Easy to get in and out of? I canít image so. Cool for a concept? Hell yes.
Underneath the sheet metal 20 Minutes says it has similar electric running gear to cars like the Kia Niro and Hyundai Ioniq, said to be good here for more than 210 miles of range.
Weíll know more about this thing when it officially drops tonight, but I hope itís a preview for a similarly good-looking city EVóeven if those doors arenít likely to make it to reality.

Unread 2019-04-16, 09:07 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Take a Closer Look at The New Genesis Mint Luxury EV Hatchback Concept

Your video feed on Facebook has slowly devolved into an amalgam of moderately interesting news pieces, clips of politicians making passionate arguments, puppies being cute, and the newest episode of Ow, My Balls, but occasionally there are a few gems in there, like the launch of this new EV supermini urban two-seater concept, the Genesis Mint.

Over the course of 12 minutes in the video below, Genesis provides very little information on the concept car theyíre debuting, and sends out seemingly thousands of dancers and singers. After several minutes of dancing, the Mint Concept drives out to applause and the stream is over. Itís certainly a spectacle. As is the Mint.

We already showed you this car this afternoon, before Genesis wanted you to see it, but itís nice to get clear up-close photos of the car in the real world. It looks like something from an upcoming summer blockbuster science fiction film, and possibly a future not too far away.

I personally love this thing. Can you imagine how fun a small two-seat electric compact car might be? Based on the looks of the Mint, I canít help but imagine an EV version of the R50 Mini Cooper introduced way back in 2001. That car was perfectly sized for a modern city car, and has only gotten larger since.

This Genesis, though, could bring the luxury and zero emissions that a modern city commuter would find perfect. Remember how important it was to be seen in a Prius in Los Angeles back when it debuted? Even the movie stars drove them, because they wanted to be seen as eco conscious. This concept has the potential to make eco conscious actually comfortable and fun.