Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Photography, Art

Unread 2012-10-05, 02:24 PM   #1
Duncan

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 4
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Needing help or to commission of a specific shot for a special purpose

A little background on why I'm wanting to do this.

My really good friend Emmanuel Calderon lost his life last year in a motorcycle wreck. He was only 22 years old, but in that short time lived his life to the fullest and affected many people in a positive way. I will always be grateful for the time I did share with him and the way he made me a better person. Even though I was 8 years older than him, I looked up to him. When he was alive he wanted me to take a picture of a certain point of view of downtown kc. He knew I liked taking pics, but I only have a Nikon d40 and I'm not very good at photography. And I am very limited on creativity and using photoshop, so I never did the shoot and kept putting it off. We did go and scout some places to try to find the perfect vantage point to take the pic.

His reason for taking the pic

His best friend, Joselyne, loved it when they went riding at night and headed toward downtown from up north. She loved seeing the lights of Kansas city downtown at night when you head south on 169hwy, just past Briarcliff and on the way toward the downtown airport. Because that was one of her favorite views from riding and being together he wanted to have a picture taken, framed and hung above her fireplace.

My reason for doing this Now

Is because she will be getting married December 31st of this year. And I feel that this is something that I must do and it would mean the world to her. And I know that he would want me to do this. So I'm wanting to give this to her as a wedding present from Emmanuel and a note explaining the meaning behind it.

I have seen some of your guys work, especially night shots of Kansas city, and they are breathtaking. And that is what I'm looking for and I feel that she deserves, instead of what I could produce on my own. If anyone could help me out with this whole process it would be much appreciative. If need be I could pay someone to do this. Either way I want to be a part of the process for obvious reasons and to also learn. I can rent some glass if need be if you don't have the right lens to do this shot. Also I'm not sure how you guys go about doing this but I would imagine that you would need to be up high and do this as a panoramic shot for high quality. I have a friend who lives in the condo's high on the bluff there at Briarcliff who I'm going to ask to see if there could be a way we could get roof access to get this done. I'm not 100% sure on what size I'm looking for, so that would be something that we could discuss.

If anyone could help me out in any way I would forever be grateful. I have a lift in my garage if something like a trade of some sort could be worked out as an alternative if someone is doing a major repair to their car and could use it.

My name is Eric and you can contact me through here or call or text me at 573-289-1521. I live up in the northland.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-10-05, 02:44 PM   #2
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1935
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Awesome idea bro. I am sure one of the stellar KCSR photogs will come through for you.

BuddyLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-10-18, 02:48 PM   #3
Duncan

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 4
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

No one willing to help out in any way????
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-10-18, 07:50 PM   #4
R|M|D Photography
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 239
Likes (Received): 295
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 15

I could probably help you out...but to be quite honest I am not cheap. Though as many will attest to one here, I am well worth it.

Here are some of the city shots I have done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmd_pho...7630304798576/

Contact me for any of your photography needs and current photoshoot specials. R|M|D Photography
R|M|D Photography is offline   Reply With Quote