Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Unread 2014-06-15, 09:12 PM   #226
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

I think he is saying that the taliban 5 that were traded had no part in killing u.s. soldiers, if im reading that correctly?

either way dude is a fucking idiot.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-15, 11:35 PM   #227
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Nothing was mentioned about them. Simply that soldiers died because of Bergdahl.

I'm sure he is trying to come up with a conspiracy or something. It's his MO so who knows.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-25, 06:53 PM   #228
84USNGT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 180
Likes (Given): 900
Likes (Received): 911
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 23

This article would seem to contradict what many of those who served with him have stated. I continue to follow this story as I am interested in what the "official" version of events will eventually be. For the record, I do not agree with this article and the official findings.

No Evidence of Misconduct by Bergdahl While Captive, Army Says

Investigation Trying to Determine Whether Soldier Attempted to Desert His Unit

By Dion Nissenbaum

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Army said Wednesday that there is no evidence that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl engaged in any misconduct during his five years in captivity.

Sgt. Bergdahl is the focus of a continuing Army investigation trying to determine whether he attempted to desert his unit on June 30, 2009 while stationed at a small U.S. outpost in eastern Afghanistan. If charged with desertion, Sgt. Bergdahl could face court-martial, prison time and, in the most extreme sentence, the death penalty.

The Army investigation was launched after some soldiers who served with Sgt. Bergdahl accused him of deserting. A classified 2009 investigation concluded that Sgt. Bergdahl voluntarily left the outpost, but stopped short of characterizing his intentions because the Army wasn't able to talk to the soldier while he was held by Afghan insurgents, according to officials familiar with the findings.

Some soldiers who served with Sgt. Bergdahl speculated that he had helped his captors while being held, but Army officials said Wednesday that there is no indication that he did so. "We have no reason to believe that he engaged in any misconduct" during the five years he was held captive, said one Army official.

Sgt. Bergdahl has told the military team helping him recover that life in captivity was often difficult and that he was confined to a cage for part of that time, officials said.

He was released by his captors last month in a controversial exchange for five Taliban officials being held at the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. He returned to the U.S. earlier this month and was moved to an outpatient facility in San Antonio, earlier this week.

Sgt. Bergdahl hasn't spoken with Army officials appointed last week to investigate his 2009 disappearance and he won't be interviewed for several weeks, while he adjusts to life back in the U.S., officials said. Sgt. Bergdahl hasn't made any public comments since his release.

The investigation would normally be finished in 60 days, or by mid-August, but this review is expected to take longer because officials are waiting for Sgt. Bergdahl to complete his recovery process in Texas, officials said. The probe then will be handed over to Army officials who will decide whether there is any reason to discipline him.

Army officials said Sgt. Bergdahl has been cooperative, hasn't asked to speak to an attorney and hasn't been advised of his right to have a lawyer represent him. The Army has resumed paying Sgt. Bergdahl's Army salary, but is withholding much of his back pay until the investigation is complete.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/no-ev...ays-1403719847
Unread 2014-06-26, 01:31 PM   #229
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 389
Likes (Given): 207
Likes (Received): 1740
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3

I'm sure that given enough time to "recover", he will be well coached and rehearsed on what to say, and any documents or evidence to the contrary will mysteriously disappear from his files and all of the emails will be on hard drives which conveniently crash.

In the end, the Administration will portray Bergdahl as a hero, make all of the soldiers on the ground out to be liars, and sell the POTUS' decision as a brilliant trade.

He just needs more time to "recover" before anyone talks to him. And by "recover", I mean be told what to say to support the president's agenda.
Likes dbeers02, zmenace, Zoomin, JDLM, Sylva liked this post
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-10, 09:19 AM   #230
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

just hanging out on Twitter

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-10, 01:10 PM   #231
Azrael

Location: Those aint love handles, they are aux tanks to fuel the sex machine
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 471
Thanks (Received): 201
Likes (Given): 2111
Likes (Received): 1650
Dislikes (Given): 531
Dislikes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
just hanging out on Twitter

Lol
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-14, 06:08 AM   #232
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ex-captive Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl could return to active duty Monday

From Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent

(CNN) -- Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has finished undergoing therapy and counseling at an Army hospital in San Antonio and could return to active duty as early as Monday, a defense official tells CNN.
Bergdahl was held captive by militants for five years before he was released in May in exchange for five Taliban members held by the U.S. military.
Some critics of the swap have said Bergdahl was a deserter who endangered colleagues searching for him.
Bergdahl went missing on June 30, 2009, in Afghanistan's Paktika province, where he was deployed with the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.
An Army fact-finding investigation conducted in the months after his disappearance concluded he left his outpost deliberately and of his own free will, according to an official who was briefed on the report.
But there was no definitive conclusion Bergdahl was a deserter because that would require knowing his intent, something officials couldn't learn without talking to him, a U.S. military official has said.

Unread 2014-07-14, 07:47 AM   #233
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168

Only in the Army would this shit go down like this.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-14, 08:00 AM   #234
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading and I guess there was a Vietnam pow back in the day (similar situation) not 100% sure but he was put back on duty and then put on trial.

Unread 2014-07-14, 08:45 AM   #235
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3864
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Is the 25th infantry division they are referring to based out of Oahu?
Unread 2014-07-14, 08:48 AM   #236
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
That's correct

Unread 2014-07-14, 08:53 AM   #237
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3864
Dislikes (Received): 123

Quote:
That's correct
Oh snap!

My stepson served with this guy then. He pulled two tours from '05-'09 with the 25th. Field artillery. First tour was in Iraq. He was stationed in Kirkuk. Second was in Afghanistan.

When he drags his butt out of bed I'll see if he knows him or of him.
Unread 2014-07-14, 08:56 AM   #238
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to what he has to say, from reports people that were around him weren't too fond of him

Unread 2014-07-14, 09:16 AM   #239
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 134
Likes (Received): 137
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Is it pretty typical that they would throw people back in active duty after being a POW?

I heard this on the radio this morning on the way in to work and I was like "WTF". If I was just rescued after being captive for 5 years, the last thing I would want is to be shipped back. Especially if I had walked off the first time...
Unread 2014-07-14, 10:54 AM   #240
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is back on regular Army duty in Texas

This undated file photo provided by the U.S. Army shows Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held in captivity by the Taliban for nearly five years. A senior official said Bergdahl has been returned to regular Army duty in Texas. (U.S. Army / Associated Press)

Associated Press with the Los Angeles Times
U.S. ArmyTalibanGuantanamo Bay Detention Camp

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has been returned to regular Army duty, senior defense official says
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who spent nearly 5 years as a Taliban captive, returns to regular duty

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bowe Bergdahl, the Army sergeant who spent nearly five years as a Taliban captive in Afghanistan, was returned to regular Army duty Monday and will be made available to Army investigators for questioning about his disappearance in 2009.
Bergdahl is now assigned to U.S. Army North at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston in Texas. That is where he has been decompressing from the effects of his lengthy captivity.
Photos

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl released in Afghanistan

His exact duties were not immediately disclosed. A brief Army announcement said that in his assignment to U.S. Army North he "can contribute to the mission" of homeland defense. It said the Army investigation into the circumstances of his disappearance and capture by the Taliban will continue. The Los Angeles Times is working to confirm the announcement.
Bergdahl was released from captivity on May 31 in exchange for five top Taliban commanders imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay.

Unread 2014-07-14, 01:55 PM   #241
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Fucking ridiculous....
Unread 2014-07-14, 07:10 PM   #242
Ryan H.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 170
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 66
Dislikes (Received): 11

God, if only I could be in the unit he will be assigned to....
Ryan H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-15, 07:01 AM   #243
SS THIS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 44
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Quote:
That's correct
Wrong. 4-25th Is out of Alaska. I should know I served in Aco 1-501.

SS THIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-15, 07:44 AM   #244
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS THIS View Post
Wrong. 4-25th Is out of Alaska. I should know I served in Aco 1-501.
oops I didn't even pay attention to the unit just 25th ID

Unread 2014-07-16, 11:33 AM   #245
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Bowe Bergdahl retains Yale military law expert as his attorney

Bowe Bergdahl is seen here before his capture by the Taliban in Afghanistan. (U.S. Army / AFP/Getty Images)

Bergdahl's new attorney is Eugene Fidell, who teaches military justice at Yale Law School
Fidell told The Times he has been representing Bergdahl for about a week and is working pro bono
'There are people who harbor ill will toward my client,' Fidell said, but also those 'wishing my client well'

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, freed after years of captivity in Afghanistan and returned to active duty this week, has retained an attorney — a military law expert from Yale.
Eugene Fidell, who teaches military justice at Yale Law School, told the Los Angeles Times that he has been representing Bergdahl for about a week and is working pro bono.
Fidell said he has received a variety of reactions to his decision to work with Bergdahl.

"There are people who harbor ill will toward my client," Fidell said, but at the same time he has received emails "wishing my client well."
"The American people have a pretty good sense of fellow feeling and sympathy. It's no secret that Sgt. Bergdahl went through an astounding and terrifying ordeal … people are fascinated whether they're sympathetic or in the vilification business."
Fidell said he spoke with Bergdahl but declined to discuss many details, citing confidentiality.
"He is deeply grateful to President Obama for having saved his life," Fidell said, "by doing whatever had to be done."

Bergdahl, 28, was released May 31 after nearly five years as a prisoner of war held by Islamic militants.
Obama helped broker a deal that allowed Bergdahl to be released by his Haqqani network captors in exchange for the release of five Taliban suspects from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The Haqqani network has been behind some of the deadliest attacks against U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
The deal drew criticism from some Republicans in Congress, who argued that it violated American policy against negotiating with terrorists.

Obama and top Pentagon officials defended the trade as their last chance to rescue Bergdahl in keeping with the long-standing practice of recovering all prisoners of war.
Bergdahl arrived for treatment last month at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, where he started work this week at the headquarters of U.S. Army North, a command that oversees domestic defense.
His future remains in limbo until the Army completes an investigation into his disappearance in eastern Afghanistan in June 2009.
He is expected to be interviewed by Brig Gen. Kenneth Dahl, but that has yet to be scheduled, Army spokesman Wayne Hall told The Times on Wednesday. Dahl was appointed last month to lead the investigation.
Fidell said he spoke with Dahl briefly this week by phone and that they had “an extremely professional, pleasant conversation.”
He said Bergdahl has no plans to make any public appearances soon.

Unread 2014-07-16, 11:56 AM   #246
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

So some yuppy old ass liberal law professor who served 3 years in the coast guard is his pro bono lawyer.

Awesome....

I'm sure shit rolled down hill to his current unit that he is to be treated differently and probably a complete hands off order.

This is another potential black eye for the Obama admin so im sure it will be pushed to be ended as favorably as possible for them.
Unread 2014-07-16, 12:03 PM   #247
Justin 05 STi

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
So some yuppy old ass liberal law professor who served 3 years in the coast guard is his pro bono lawyer.

Awesome....

I'm sure shit rolled down hill to his current unit that he is to be treated differently and probably a complete hands off order.

This is another potential black eye for the Obama admin so im sure it will be pushed to be ended as favorably as possible for them.
If they expect the Army investigation to have any teeth whatsoever, I would not be surprised if the Obama Admin helped hook Bowe up with the lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025
In 2025, US aerospace forces can “own the weather” by capitalizing on emerging technologies and focusing development of those technologies to war-fighting applications.
Justin 05 STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-16, 12:29 PM   #248
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Eugene R. Fidell

Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
1129 20th Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20036

Hmmmmmmm........
Unread 2014-12-22, 09:43 PM   #249
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Army: Bergdahl could face court-martial

(Photo: Eugene R. Fidell/AP)

CONNECT 83 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

The Army's decision Monday to forward the investigation of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for possible court-martial means the former prisoner of war will remain on active duty and in legal limbo for months to come.
The Army has not determined whether Bergdahl, who spent five years as a captive under the Taliban, is eligible for the lump-sum back pay that is traditionally provided to prisoners of war who return home. In Bergdahl's case, he could be eligible for more than $200,000.
For now Bergdahl, 28, remains assigned to a desk job at an Army headquarters unit in San Antonio. The Army declined to release any details of the six-month investigation into the the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
Then-Spc. Bergdahl was accused of leaving his patrol base alone and intentionally before he was captured by Taliban insurgents in 2009. Legal experts say the allegations suggest charges of desertion could apply.
At the crux of the case is a question of intent: When Bergdahl left his base that night, was he going temporarily AWOL, or was he a intending to desert his unit permanently? A determination that he was a deserter would result in a far more severe punishment.
A prior investigation of Bergdahl's disappearance — conducted in 2009 long before his return — found that some members of his unit believed Bergdahl left his patrol base alone at night at least once before and returned safely.
In a short statement issued Monday, the Army said the general courts-martial convening authority in the case, Gen. Mark Milley, commanding general of Army Forces Command, will determine "appropriate action," which could range from no further action to a full-blown court-martial.
The case presents a challenge for the Army's leadership, which has to decide whether to punish a soldier who spent five years as a prisoner of war or essentially overlook the allegations of misconduct that surrounded his disappearance.
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, right, stands with a Taliban fighter in eastern Afghanistan while waiting to be freed from captivity.(Photo: AP)

After five years in captivity, Bergdahl's Taliban captors released him May 31 in a prisoner swap that also freed five Taliban leaders from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. He returned to good health after a short stay at military hospitals in Germany and San Antonio.
Since Bergdahl technically remained on active-duty for his entire captivity, he could be eligible for about $200,000 in back pay. For most of his captivity, Bergdahl's pay was placed into an Army account, where it remains today pending a final resolution of the matter.
If the Army concludes he was a prisoner of war, he would be eligible for far more in additional pay and benefits.
Those questions remain unresolved, Army spokeswoman Lt. Col. Alayne Conway said Monday. "The determination on pay and allowances will be made at the Department of the Army level at the appropriate time," she told Military Times.
If Bergdahl is court-martialed, he could ultimately face a punitive discharge, denying him most or all veterans benefits.

Unread 2014-12-22, 11:53 PM   #250
Cree

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 210
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 12

Fucking A Cotton. Glad to hear they at least didn't dismiss it all together. Hopefully they don't conclude that his time as a POW counts as time served, and I suppose if they do, I hope they at least strip him of rank and benefits, pay him no back pay and kick him the fuck out.

Stand and be Counted
13 Harley FXDB - 13 Fusion - 00 4Runner
Cree is offline   Reply With Quote