Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-06-10, 04:12 PM   #101
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
go fire up your league pass and go watch some older ball, it's pretty awsome.

fwiw, that same shaq that would "kill" wilt is the same shaq that beat jordan. just sayin.


Yeah....Jordan was back for what, a month that year before the playoffs started?
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-10, 04:30 PM   #102
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I'm not sure I'm following the shaq beat Jordan. There were great centers in the 90s. Shaq, Olajuwon , Robinson, Ewing.
No doubt there were some great centers in the 90's. Shaq and the admiral are the only two on that list that kareem didn't work over. I also think arvydas sabonis in his prime would have wrecked the nba.

Problem is, there were more great centers in kareem's career and he beat them all. Think about how many centers on the top 50 players of all time list that kareem played against then compare that to the number of sg's on that list that mike beat.

Don't believe the fake media and the jordan myth. 6 time nba champ, 6 time mvp, 19 time all star, all time leading scorer against 2 decades worth of the best talent we've seen at his position. He also fought bruce lee and helped fly an airplane.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-10, 04:34 PM   #103
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Yeah....Jordan was back for what, a month that year before the playoffs started?
17 games iirc. should be enough for god himself to get in game shape
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-10, 05:09 PM   #104
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,975
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 948
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6629
Likes (Received): 2822
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
No doubt there were some great centers in the 90's. Shaq and the admiral are the only two on that list that kareem didn't work over. I also think arvydas sabonis in his prime would have wrecked the nba.

Problem is, there were more great centers in kareem's career and he beat them all. Think about how many centers on the top 50 players of all time list that kareem played against then compare that to the number of sg's on that list that mike beat.

Don't believe the fake media and the jordan myth. 6 time nba champ, 6 time mvp, 19 time all star, all time leading scorer against 2 decades worth of the best talent we've seen at his position. He also fought bruce lee and helped fly an airplane.
Game. Set. Match.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-10, 05:13 PM   #105
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
No doubt there were some great centers in the 90's. Shaq and the admiral are the only two on that list that kareem didn't work over. I also think arvydas sabonis in his prime would have wrecked the nba.

Problem is, there were more great centers in kareem's career and he beat them all. Think about how many centers on the top 50 players of all time list that kareem played against then compare that to the number of sg's on that list that mike beat.

Don't believe the fake media and the jordan myth. 6 time nba champ, 6 time mvp, 19 time all star, all time leading scorer against 2 decades worth of the best talent we've seen at his position. He also fought bruce lee and helped fly an airplane.

Edit: I read your post again and think I misunderstood you.


In fairness..BL had to throw the Dils dick rippa in there in order to eventually get the win



Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
17 games iirc. should be enough for god himself to get in game shape

Fair enough.


Look, nothing you are saying is crazy. It's not black and white


But...I don't even know if I have Kareem as the best Laker of all-time. If I had to rank them-


1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem or Shaq
4. Shaq or Kareem
5. Possibly Jerry West, but debatable

Last edited by jwdb1fish; 2017-06-10 at 07:14 PM..
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 12:47 PM   #106
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Should be a good game tonight. Hopefully we see a game 6, would be the second time in mordern finals a team down 0-3 forced a game 6. The other team was the 96 sonics against the unstoppabulls.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 01:47 PM   #107
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,097
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Would be hilarious if GSW lost it again after how dominant they were before.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 01:50 PM   #108
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,975
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 948
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6629
Likes (Received): 2822
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Woukd this Cleveland team be the greatest ever if it came back to win the finals?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 02:27 PM   #109
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Woukd this Cleveland team be the greatest ever if it came back to win the finals?
Probably, but it depends on how they win. There can't be any asterisks.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 02:37 PM   #110
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,975
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 948
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6629
Likes (Received): 2822
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
Probably, but it depends on how they win. There can't be any asterisks.
Such as a player getting suspended?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 02:50 PM   #111
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Such as a player getting suspended?

Not to me, depending on how it went down.


Lebron getting under the skin of that little bitch Draymond would be an example of great gamesmanship from Lebron.


Now, someone going down to injury might make an asterisk.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 02:53 PM   #112
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Not to me, depending on how it went down.


Lebron getting under the skin of that little bitch Draymond would be an example of great gamesmanship from Lebron.


Now, someone going down to injury might make an asterisk.
This.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 03:05 PM   #113
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,975
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 948
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6629
Likes (Received): 2822
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

I don't know what else LBJ can do, honestly. He's playing his ass off.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 03:52 PM   #114
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 579
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I don't know what else LBJ can do, honestly. He's playing his ass off.
Cleveland native here: Nothing. He has done damn near everything so far, minus his 1 off game. Everyone else in role positions needs to step up to the plate. Would it be a dream come true if we came back down 3-1, sure. But, I'm not expecting much. Tonight is going to be a nail biter
__________________
Noli Me Tangere
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 04:55 PM   #115
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,168
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 211
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoGSRteg View Post
Cleveland native here: Nothing. He has done damn near everything so far, minus his 1 off game. Everyone else in role positions needs to step up to the plate. Would it be a dream come true if we came back down 3-1, sure. But, I'm not expecting much. Tonight is going to be a nail biter
I agree that the role players need to play better. Deron williams is a former all star, he needs to bring some of that for at least 12 minutes.

Bron has been great, but he needs to be more involved defensively. He also needs to control the game pace better respective to the rest of the guys on the floor, he's been trying to run too much with both bigs playing.

Love needs to put draymond on the block in the 1st qtr. Draymond is bbq chicken in the post and it's nice to get him in early foul trouble.

Other than that keep playing bully ball.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 06:01 PM   #116
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 579
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
I agree that the role players need to play better. Deron williams is a former all star, he needs to bring some of that for at least 12 minutes.

Bron has been great, but he needs to be more involved defensively. He also needs to control the game pace better respective to the rest of the guys on the floor, he's been trying to run too much with both bigs playing.

Love needs to put draymond on the block in the 1st qtr. Draymond is bbq chicken in the post and it's nice to get him in early foul trouble.

Other than that keep playing bully ball.
Agree with you completely. Bron Bron does need to play some legitimate defense. Perimeter and in the paint. He also needs to hit those fucking free throws. 7-13 from the free throw line is now what Cleveland needs. Tristan Thompson, another guy who needs to step up big tonight. Getting blocked out by Andre Igoudala is ridiculous.
__________________
Noli Me Tangere
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 08:38 PM   #117
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

I don't know how this is going to end tonight, but..



Lebrick just went 0-2 on his last trip to the line.



#nomjfound
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 08:51 PM   #118
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 579
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Aww, is someone mad that their beloved MJs legacy is being threatened by a current player?
__________________
Noli Me Tangere
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 10:49 PM   #119
Wallace
 
Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OP
Posts: 7,533
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 899
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoGSRteg View Post
Aww, is someone mad that their beloved MJs legacy is being threatened by a current player?
Nope
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 11:32 PM   #120
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 579
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Nope
First player in NBA history to average a triple double in the Finals. Lebron James.
__________________
Noli Me Tangere

Last edited by milanoGSRteg; 2017-06-12 at 11:34 PM..
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 06:47 AM   #121
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoGSRteg View Post
First player in NBA history to average a triple double in the Finals. Lebron James.


Which just happens to be equally as worthless as the Warriors breaking the regular season wins record last year and not winning the championship
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 07:04 AM   #122
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,097
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Which just happens to be equally as worthless as the Warriors breaking the regular season wins record last year and not winning the championship
We get it, you hate him. But dude is still a transcendent talent. He brought it the entire finals and couldnt get the support. Its a team sport, you need it to win. But LeBron kept them in the game.

They were still the second best team in the league, but the winnners were the ones who were Top 2 last year and added a franchise player.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 07:37 AM   #123
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

I don't hate the guy at all.

He's great. One of the best ever to play the game.



He's just not the GOAT. Not even close.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 10:56 AM   #124
Mobbes
 
Mobbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: KCMO
Posts: 5,753
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 163
Likes (Received): 361
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 8
Default

Lebron is the Tom Brady of the NBA....it is that simple. Dude is hands down one of it not the greatest. There is not really much of an argument against it, same with Brady.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
New aids is still aids.
Mobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 11:00 AM   #125
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,027
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobbes View Post
Lebron is the Tom Brady of the NBA....it is that simple. Dude is hands down one of it not the greatest. There is not really much of an argument against it, same with Brady.


They are both definitely the best current players in their respective leagues.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org