Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Closed Thread
Unread 2018-03-13, 09:42 AM   #26
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 704
Likes (Received): 455
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

Hello Watkins and Hitchens!!!
Unread 2018-03-13, 11:14 AM   #27
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU, KANSAS CITY

Going into this past season, I pretty much knew.
I mean, I had to know, right? With everything Iíve experienced so far in my career, I probably understand the ďbusinessĒ of football as well as anyone. And trading up to take a quarterback in the draft isnít exactly a subtle move as to the future of a franchise. It was pretty obvious what that meant for me.
But I still had a job to do.
So I put the blinders on and locked in, because I couldnít let whatever might happen to me distract from the teamís goal of winning the Super Bowl.
After that, I donít think I thought about my future again until after the playoff loss to the Titans. I woke up that next morning disappointed that our season was over and that we fell short of our ultimate goal. But I also woke up with the uncertainty about what the future might hold for my family and me.
Back in 2013, when the 49ers traded me to the Chiefs, I had no idea what to expect. Growing up in San Diego, playing college ball at Utah and then going back to California to play for the Niners, I had basically been on the West Coast my entire life. So I didnít know anything about the Midwest.
But I remember that when news of the trade broke, the first thing everybody wanted to tell me about (besides the BBQ) was the people ó how strong and resilient, proud and passionate, and truly kind and caring the people are.
Well, they were definitely telling the truth.
And now that Iím moving on to Washington, thatís something my family and I have talked a lot about ó how the thing weíre going to miss most will definitely be the people. The community. The friends weíve made.
And the incredibly passionate fans.

Iím going to miss pulling into Arrowhead and snaking through the thousands of tailgaters that make up Chiefs Kingdom.
As a quarterback, you arrive to the stadium pretty early on game day. And when Iíd get to Arrowhead, the parking lot would already be full. Honestly, if you show up to tailgate in Kansas City at 8:30 a.m., youíre already late to the party.
And I can tell you that after 13 seasons and playing in nearly every NFL stadium, not every city is like that.
Just seeing how dedicated Chiefs fans are, it always instilled a sense of pride in me to put on that jersey and go out and play for them. I donít think thatís always the case in pro sports, and I never took that for granted during my five years in Kansas City. Iím going to miss that.
Iím definitely going to miss my teammates, too.
When news of the trade broke, I was inundated with phone calls and long texts from my teammates. Itís pretty rare in this profession to have guys tell you how they feel about you, or how much youíve meant to them.
Football is the ultimate team sport and the relationships we built in that locker room have been incredible. I mean, in this game you rely on each other so much. And the emotional swings of the game forge bonds that live long after our careers are over. I am so proud to have battled with that group of men.
I guess, at the end of the day, you just want to know that what you do matters. You want to be a good person, a good teammate, and have a positive impact on the people around you. But itís tough to know if youíre actually accomplishing that when youíre going about your day-to-day business ó when youíre actually living it.
So to have so many guys reach out and express their feelings and send their well-wishes Ö it was just really special, and I think it speaks to the quality of character in that locker room.
Iím going to miss being a part of that.
Itís been an incredible five years, and I think that after everything, I really only have one regret: That we didnít win that ring.
It feels like itís taken forever for March 14 to arrive, and for the trade to become official. But when talks first began, everything happened very quickly.
Coach Reid called me during Super Bowl week and told me that the trade process had started. There were several teams interested and a lot of different scenarios, but everything pointed to Washington being the team.
And once everything had been agreed upon and the news became public, thatís when it really set in.
Thatís when it became real.
The emotions that came with it were real, too. There was the relief that it was done ó that I knew where my future was. There was a sense of pride for what we had accomplished in Kansas City, and the disappointment that, despite all our successes, we didnít reach our final goal. There was the sadness of closing a chapter of my life ó and my familyís life ó in a place we loved calling home.
But there was also the excitement for this new opportunity in Washington.
Because if thereís one thing Iíve learned in my career, itís that no matter what the circumstances, when you get an opportunity ó when a team tells you that they want you to be the guy ó you donít take it for granted. You embrace it. You run with it.
It takes a lot to overcome perception.
To a lot of people, I might just be the guy who went No. 1 in the draft. Or the guy who lost his job to Colin Kaepernick. Or the guy who helped turn a 2Ė14 Chiefs team into a back-to-back division champ Ö but then couldnít put them over the top.
And thatís O.K., I guess.
But who am I, really?
Honestly, I think Iím still figuring that out. I still havenít found my boundaries as a player. I feel like the limits as to what Iím capable of ó theyíre still out there. And thatís what Iím working toward.
I thought I was going to end my career in Kansas City. So itís still a little surreal now that my time with the Chiefs is over and Iím moving on to Washington. Itís been an incredible five years, and I think that after everything, I really only have one regret:
That we didnít win that ring.
But Iím proud to look back on my time there and know that because of the work my teammates and I put in together, the franchise is in a better place than when I arrived.

As tough as it is for me to say goodbye to K.C., I could not be more excited about this new opportunity in Washington ó joining a team with a rich tradition, a great fan base, and a talented roster and coaching staff that I have admired from afar.
Iím pumped to get out there and get to work. Start learning the playbook. Meeting my new teammates. Integrating myself and my family into the community. Bringing the same work ethic, experience and willingness to do whatever it takes to win ó which is what has always mattered most to me ó to Washington.
Iím just looking forward to starting something new with the Redskins Ö and finishing it.
But before I go, I just felt the need to say thank you.
Thank you to my Chiefs teammates for your love and sacrifice. Iím truly going to miss taking the field with you.
Thank you Coach Reid for putting your trust in me and always reminding me to be myself. I appreciate everything youíve done for me.
Thank you Clark Hunt, the Hunt family and the Chiefs organization, for giving me an opportunity.
Thank you to the people in the organization who donít get nearly the credit they deserve ó the assistant coaches, the trainers, the equipment guys and on down the line. Everybody in the organization, top to bottom. You guys each played a role in all the success that we achieved. You should be proud of that, because I know I was proud every day to work with each of you.
Thank you to the Chiefs Kingdom for being some of the craziest, most dedicated fans in the country.
And thank you to the Kansas City community and all the friends my family and I have made during our time with you. To see all the farewell donations that have been made to the Alex Smith Foundation ó all in increments of 11 ó has been really special. Itís a tremendous gesture that my family and I have been very touched by. We appreciate you. Weíre better people because we were fortunate enough to spend the last five years with you.
So thank you, Kansas City. You will forever be a huge part of who I am as a quarterback and as a man.
And Washington?
Letís build something great together.
HTTR!
ALEX SMITH / CONTRIBUTOR

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
Unread 2018-03-13, 11:35 AM   #28
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the Sammy Watkins pickup!!!!!
Unread 2018-03-13, 02:02 PM   #29
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 172
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 440
Likes (Received): 655
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
THANK YOU, KANSAS CITY
classy. may not have been what I thought the Chiefs needed but he's definitely a solid human being.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that Ēall men are created equal.Ē We now practically read it ďall men are created equal, except negroesĒ When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read ďall men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.Ē When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
Unread 2018-03-13, 03:46 PM   #30
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday, 1:07 p.m.: The Chiefs have expressed interest in retaining free-agent quarterback Tyler Bray, a source tells The Star.

Analysis: It makes sense. If the Chiefs can't lure a veteran backup like, say, Chase Daniel, the club should retain Bray, who they've spent the last five years investing time in. He knows the offense, too. Heck, you could argue they should bring him back as the No. 3 quarterback, even if Daniel returns to Kansas City. But we'll see. Perhaps they sign Daniel or draft a smart late-round developmental quarterback.

Unread 2018-03-13, 05:11 PM   #31
bryon123456789

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 53
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
classy. may not have been what I thought the Chiefs needed but he's definitely a solid human being.
This.
Unread 2018-03-14, 11:26 AM   #32
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs remaining options for a backup quarterback

Now that Chase Daniel has agreed to terms with the Chicago Bears we need to start looking elsewhere for the Kansas City Chiefs next backup quarterback. I donít know if Chase was ever actually a real option but here at Arrowhead Pride we thought he would be good. Instead, heís going with Matt Nagy to the Bears.
So, whatís next for the Chiefs at backup quarterback?
Pro Football Talk mentioned a list of the remaining backup quarterback options which I put below. Obviously, Colin Kaepernick stands out as the best quarterback on that list but I have a feeling that wonít happen in KC. Blaine Gabbert has started games recently. Andy Reid had a chance to take Geno Smith No. 1 overall five years ago but passed. I would quit being a Chiefs fan if they signed Brock Osweiler. Derek Anderson would be fitting because the Chiefs helped launch his career with this fourth-quarter comeback 12 years ago. Matt Moore, sure. Iím assuming the Chiefs wouldnít go after AJ McCarron or Jay Cutler or someone who would be more expensive, so I donít have them listed below.
The Chiefs could also look to the draft. I donít know how high of a priority this would be or how comfortable youíd feel with a mid-round rookie potentially starting a game for a team with playoff aspirations but itís a possibility. The Chiefs are going young after all.
Thereís another option: re-sign Tyler Bray. He is currently slated for free agency but the Chiefs could re-sign him as their backup, or at least as competition. The Chiefs know who he is so that could be the easiest option for them right now.
The fourth and final option is somebody not listed here because, letís be honest, I donít know what theyíre going to do.
Which option stands out to you?

Free agent QBs

Colin Kaepernick

Drew Stanton
Blaine Gabbert
Geno Smith
Brock Osweiler
T.J. Yates
EJ Manuel
Matt Moore
Derek Anderson
Ryan Mallett
Chad Henne
Johnny Manziel
Robert Griffin III

Unread 2018-03-14, 01:26 PM   #33
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 89
Likes (Received): 356
Dislikes (Received): 20

Chiefs bringing back Jarvis Jenkins
Unread 2018-03-14, 07:37 PM   #34
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs have signed LB Terrance Smith and WR De’Anthony Thomas.
Unread 2018-03-14, 09:58 PM   #35
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

DE Rakeem Nunez-Roches (Chiefs tender at original round: sixth)
Unread 2018-03-14, 10:01 PM   #36
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs are talking like Dee Ford will be back next season
Unread 2018-03-15, 10:32 AM   #37
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Chiefs are talking like Dee Ford will be back next season
There are scouts saying that due to his surgery he has had he won't be able to pass a physical to play

Unread 2018-03-15, 10:33 AM   #38
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Colquitt should be the Chiefs punter once again very soon

ShareDustin Colquitt should be the Chiefs punter once again very soon

It was odd to me that Dustin Colquitt was heading to free agency and nobody seemed to really care. He was the longest tenured Chief (2005) and now here he is hitting the open market.
As it turns out, nobody was worried because thereís nothing to be worried about. The Chiefs think heíll be back very soon.
ďI feel like Dustin Colquitt is something thatís moving in a positive direction and that should be announced soon,Ē Chiefs GM Brett Veach said on Wednesday.

I thought I was taking crazy pills thinking maybe the Chiefs are going to draft a punter or find one in free agency but thatís not the case. Colquitt is a valuable member of the team but Iím sure the Chiefs hope to drop that cap number of $4.9 million from last year.

ďWeíre more just working to reach a happy medium and I think that will get done probably tomorrow,Ē Veach said.
Good news for the Chiefs and their special teams. Colquitt is very much a Kansas Citian so I am not going to be surprised when he retires a Chief one day. That just wonít be today.

Unread 2018-03-15, 11:41 AM   #39
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
There are scouts saying that due to his surgery he has had he won't be able to pass a physical to play
Chiefs are on the hook for his salary if he is injured.
Unread 2018-03-15, 11:42 AM   #40
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign Punter Dustin colquitt to 3 year extension
Unread 2018-03-15, 11:46 AM   #41
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs bringing in Chad Henne and Matt Moore as potential backup quarterbacks
Unread 2018-03-15, 12:00 PM   #42
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Chiefs are on the hook for his salary if he is injured.
yeah read that part as well, it is what it is at the end of the day

Unread 2018-03-16, 10:13 AM   #43
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Bears add another Matt Nagy quarterback, Tyler Bray. Bears have now have Mitch Tribisky, Tyler Bray, and Chase Daniel... 2 former Chiefs backups.
Unread 2018-03-16, 10:17 AM   #44
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Free agent RB Thomas Rawls visiting Kansas City Chiefs
Unread 2018-03-16, 03:20 PM   #45
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs are signing QB Chad Henne to a two-year deal, source says. He'll back up and mentor Patrick Mahomes.
Unread 2018-03-16, 05:11 PM   #46
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The #Chiefs are retaining some o-line depth with the reported re-signing of Jordan Devey, per @TerezPaylor
Unread 2018-03-16, 05:36 PM   #47
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Three teams have expressed interest in former Chiefs CB Phillip Gaines, per a source. Could have a new landing spot within the next week.
Unread 2018-03-17, 02:01 PM   #48
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Former #Jaguars backup QB Chad Henne, who visited #Titans, signed w/ #Chiefs for 2 years, $6.7M, not incl performance incentives & escalators, per source. $3.1M signing bonus, $1.015 base in 2018, $2.5M base ($1M gtd) in 2019, plus workout bonuses. Essentially 1-year, $5.15M gtd.
Unread 2018-03-18, 06:03 PM   #49
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Some restricted free agent intrigue: the Chiefs hosted Cardinals DT Xavier Williams on a visit this weekend, per source. If Williams signs elsewhere, the Cardinals can match or lose him for no compensation.
Unread 2018-03-19, 05:22 PM   #50
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Veteran run-stuffing DT Stefan Charles of Toronto re-signing with #Chiefs on a one-year prove it deal, per source. Had signed with KC week of wildcard game vs #Titans, after not latching on w/ anybody once #Jaguars cut him at end of summer.
Closed Thread