Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Video & Photography

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-04-24, 06:16 PM   #1
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default A lap of repaved Heartland Park in a C5Z

Here's the in-car video with data overlay from my quickest lap this past Sunday at Heartland Park. The roadcourse was fully repaved and was in great shape. Looking forward to future events on their schedule as more rubber gets laid down.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3DRbrQz9U

Nice shot by Manny of the car on track

__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Mike V liked this post
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-24, 06:45 PM   #2
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,599
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6492
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137
Default

How did it feel on the track? I forgot, any mods?

What are you using that give you that full display of the dash and the track?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-24, 07:29 PM   #3
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,610
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Looks great! Hoping to make the WRL event in June.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-24, 07:35 PM   #4
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
How did it feel on the track? I forgot, any mods?

What are you using that give you that full display of the dash and the track?
It felt really good, the tires and brakes need upgrading, but we kept it more street friendly to start off.

Air filter, cat delete and tune - 376whp/373wtq
LG G2 Coilovers
LG G1 Swaybars
Dual Row Radiator w/ Spal Dual Fans
Engine Oil Cooler
Transmission Oil Cooler
Power Steering Cooler
SS brake lines
Centric rotors (cheap blanks) with Hawk HP+ pads
Stock 17/18 wheels w/ Toyo R888
A/C removed


It's an app called Track Addict. You mount your phone in a suction mount and it takes video and can combine data from a Bluetooth OBD2 reader for rpm, throttle and other specs. Uses GPS for automatic start/finish line.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks mild83 thanked for this post
Likes Mike V liked this post
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-24, 07:41 PM   #5
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,599
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6492
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotuner20v View Post
It felt really good, the tires and brakes need upgrading, but we kept it more street friendly to start off.

Air filter, cat delete and tune - 376whp/373wtq
LG G2 Coilovers
LG G1 Swaybars
Dual Row Radiator w/ Spal Dual Fans
Engine Oil Cooler
Transmission Oil Cooler
Power Steering Cooler
SS brake lines
Centric rotors (cheap blanks) with Hawk HP+ pads
Stock 17/18 wheels w/ Toyo R888
A/C removed


It's an app called Track Addict. You mount your phone in a suction mount and it takes video and can combine data from a Bluetooth OBD2 reader for rpm, throttle and other specs. Uses GPS for automatic start/finish line.
That's pretty healthy for a stock engine, not that I'm really that surprised. I thought most of your mods were track/race oriented. That app is pretty bitchin. Nice video.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-25, 04:43 PM   #6
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
That's pretty healthy for a stock engine, not that I'm really that surprised. I thought most of your mods were track/race oriented. That app is pretty bitchin. Nice video.
Yea, it pulls hard, good power level for a the track, not too much, not too little
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-25, 08:52 PM   #7
b16gsr
 
b16gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,114
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

Since turbotuner20v started a thread I will throw mine up, my phone mount sucks and it wasn't using my GoPro like it was supposed to. Had a great time as usual hanging out doing car stuff with him, been too long. I ended up with car failure, and this was not my fast pass but the best video of the bunch.

The track is great I am completely impressed. I have already signed up for the BMW event in June and look forward to more rubber on the track and some heat.

https://youtu.be/S1Nh4bD7QF0

Couple pics:







One of my dream cars in attendance.





And this was from Tim Lair, turbotuner20v sent it to me.
IMG_1258 by tim_lair, on Flickr
__________________
2017 Honda CR-V
2006 Chevy 2500 HD CC/SB 4X2

2005 Porsche Carrera S
2004 Chevy 3500 HD SC 4X4 Flatbed
2003 Chevy 2500 HD EC/LB 4X4 Service Truck
1998 Acura Integra Type R

1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 door
1969 Chevrolet Corvette BB
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Mike V liked this post
b16gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-25, 08:58 PM   #8
given695
 
given695's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 1,103
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 52
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

I was there for the bike day on Sunday the 16th. Mostly coached in Intemediate but did get some flying laps in Advanced in the afternoon with a best of 1:52.8. Best I did in '14 there was 1:49s. Track is definitely smooth and good on tires. Should be fantastic when more heat and rubber gets laid down.

Do the cars normally run the tight chicane? I always thought that was mainly for bikes/karts.
__________________
'15 Ram 2500 - 6.7 cummins
'09 R6

Last edited by given695; 2017-04-25 at 09:06 PM..
given695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 09:16 AM   #9
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given695 View Post
I was there for the bike day on Sunday the 16th. Mostly coached in Intemediate but did get some flying laps in Advanced in the afternoon with a best of 1:52.8. Best I did in '14 there was 1:49s. Track is definitely smooth and good on tires. Should be fantastic when more heat and rubber gets laid down.

Do the cars normally run the tight chicane? I always thought that was mainly for bikes/karts.
I was surprised to see the tight 8/9. It was cold and supposed to rain Saturday, so maybe they wanted to slow people down a bit
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 09:20 AM   #10
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16gsr View Post
Since turbotuner20v started a thread I will throw mine up, my phone mount sucks and it wasn't using my GoPro like it was supposed to. Had a great time as usual hanging out doing car stuff with him, been too long. I ended up with car failure, and this was not my fast pass but the best video of the bunch.

The track is great I am completely impressed. I have already signed up for the BMW event in June and look forward to more rubber on the track and some heat.

https://youtu.be/S1Nh4bD7QF0

Couple pics:







One of my dream cars in attendance.





And this was from Tim Lair, turbotuner20v sent it to me.
IMG_1258 by tim_lair, on Flickr
That was an awesome weekend, bummer about the balanced. The track was fast in the heat of the afternoon, would have probably yielded fastest time of the day, you were on pace for a sub 150:00
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 12:12 PM   #11
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,861
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2537
Likes (Received): 1703
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

My buddy Clint was the supervisor of the crew that repaved the track. He is a huge motorcycle guy, so I'm sure that he took care to ensure the pavement was laid well.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 04:04 PM   #12
b16gsr
 
b16gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,114
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotuner20v View Post
That was an awesome weekend, bummer about the balanced. The track was fast in the heat of the afternoon, would have probably yielded fastest time of the day, you were on pace for a sub 150:00
I agree. I have the parts all ordered, hope to be back in the saddle shortly. I signed up for the BMW event already so I can hunt down that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
My buddy Clint was the supervisor of the crew that repaved the track. He is a huge motorcycle guy, so I'm sure that he took care to ensure the pavement was laid well.
It is so smooth. Having driven COTA several times the surface is as smooth, COTA just doesn't have the seams.
__________________
2017 Honda CR-V
2006 Chevy 2500 HD CC/SB 4X2

2005 Porsche Carrera S
2004 Chevy 3500 HD SC 4X4 Flatbed
2003 Chevy 2500 HD EC/LB 4X4 Service Truck
1998 Acura Integra Type R

1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 door
1969 Chevrolet Corvette BB
b16gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 04:11 PM   #13
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,861
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2537
Likes (Received): 1703
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

I did notice the seams from the pictures he sent and the video you posted.. I wonder if they'll smooth out as mroe cars drive on the track.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 04:32 PM   #14
Zetex
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 279
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 14
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

... great.. now I need to get frame sliders and knee pucks if they let bikes run.
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 06:40 PM   #15
MymonteSS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Posts: 1,744
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 120
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetex View Post
... great.. now I need to get frame sliders and knee pucks if they let bikes run.
Yep They have track days for bikes. Buddy of mine went couple weeks ago on a Sunday.
__________________
MymonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 07:15 PM   #16
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 119
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2597
Likes (Received): 593
Dislikes (Given): 85
Dislikes (Received): 33
Default

This is the track I really wanted to run. Hopefully I have something in my stable soon.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 08:18 PM   #17
Karlen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 32,552
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4371
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 169
Default

Is that track too big to run supermoto on? I need a local track to ride.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 08:22 PM   #18
given695
 
given695's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 1,103
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 52
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
Is that track too big to run supermoto on? I need a local track to ride.
There were a few SMs out there on the 16th. Wouldn't be near what the OK tracks are but still fun if geared high enough.
__________________
'15 Ram 2500 - 6.7 cummins
'09 R6
given695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 08:26 PM   #19
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Here's the in-car video of a mid-Sunday lap. 1:57 lap time. GoPro was out of battery by my last/fastest session.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiNB82w28yo
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 08:28 PM   #20
given695
 
given695's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 1,103
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 52
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

__________________
'15 Ram 2500 - 6.7 cummins
'09 R6
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks snm95ls thanked for this post
given695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-26, 08:36 PM   #21
Karlen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 32,552
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4371
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given695 View Post
There were a few SMs out there on the 16th. Wouldn't be near what the OK tracks are but still fun if geared high enough.
Yea I'm going to be running a 250 so high speed isn't going to be good for it haha
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-27, 08:19 AM   #22
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,861
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2537
Likes (Received): 1703
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
Yea I'm going to be running a 250 so high speed isn't going to be good for it haha
You will run out of gear on the main straight, but besides that you'll be OK.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-05-01, 10:30 AM   #23
4drTurbo
 
4drTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,652
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 531
Likes (Received): 121
Dislikes (Given): 19
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

That C5Z is a blast I bet. I am a huge Novice and took my 2010 coupe NON Z51 out there on 4/20. Was running street tires. Could only imagaine what some good track tires, bigger brakes and some suspension goodies would do. Because a base c6 doesn't handle too well at all. Was fun though that is all that matters!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2mI-q3VO1A
__________________
2008 Acura TL-S
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mild83 liked this post
4drTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-05-01, 11:05 AM   #24
turbotuner20v
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,636
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1025
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drTurbo View Post
That C5Z is a blast I bet. I am a huge Novice and took my 2010 coupe NON Z51 out there on 4/20. Was running street tires. Could only imagaine what some good track tires, bigger brakes and some suspension goodies would do. Because a base c6 doesn't handle too well at all. Was fun though that is all that matters!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2mI-q3VO1A
C5, C5Z, and base C6 brakes are all the same size actually. My '09 z51 was a blast and what made me want an equivalent but cheaper C5Z. Shocks, brake pads, and tires will really set that car up well.
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-05-01, 12:38 PM   #25
Mike V
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ND
Posts: 8,265
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 415
Likes (Received): 402
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16gsr View Post
I agree. I have the parts all ordered, hope to be back in the saddle shortly. I signed up for the BMW event already so I can hunt down that time.
...
The BMW events I've done in the past have used the faster 8/9 chicane so you'll have a good chance of beating your time.

I now realize it's been ~8 years since my last track weekend there. Wow.
Mike V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org