Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Fitness and Health

Unread 2012-07-26, 09:23 PM   #1
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 174
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default Crossfit Olathe - ?? vs. Random program?

Quick question for those who don't care to read a bunch of crap:

Is Crossfit in Olathe KS (near 159th) any good - or does anyone have any experience with them? I am looking for somewhere to go from fat / out of shape to a pretty looking person.

Longer version for those who have time to read:

I am tired of seeing pretty people and looking in the mirror at a bad Chris Farley impressionist. I am not overly fat, but I am indeed fat. I am middle-aged (35). I am lazy. I have horrible eating habbits. I work a bunch, support a wife and kids. {insert more excuses here}. I have a sliver of modivation at the moment. I have money and willing to spend it to make me pretty.

How do I go from:

To:

In the quickest way possible, that fits in my bio above?

Odd quirks that I have to work around:

- Eating habbits:
-- I currently eat twice a day. Large meals each time (3000-4000 calories per meal). I am willing to change this.
-- I only eat Beef, Chicken, Patatoe and Bread. No seafood, no meet on bone, nothing fatty, and I don't eat 98% of the vegetables. I am not willing to expand into seafood or vegetables.

- Motivation:
-- I think the definition of the word "FAD" was defined by my actions. I jump through so many things it is silly. Motiviation for something "painful" (through eating different, working out and being sore, etc.) that doesn't show results will be very challenging for me.

- Health issues:
-- Type 1 Diabetes
-- Middle-Aged; low testosterone. I have prescribed injections that I am to start taking; figured I would start getting in shape at the same time and take advantage of it.
-- Fat. I am 5'6 and weigh 175. I carry my weight decent as I am pretty stocky; I used to work out 4 hours a day back in high-school 17 years ago. It some-what held to my stocky build. Waist is 34.

- Job / Family / Money:
-- I work a stressful and life-consuming occupation. My wife is in her doctorates program, leaving more "fatherly" duties on my side of the bargin. Two kids, aged 3 and 5.
-- I don't mind paying for instant success - or someone to ensure I go from ugly to pretty - or success in general.
-- Time has to be very efficient!

I am open to all kinds of options, thoughts, etc. Facetiousness aside, I would like to incorporate a level of good health and appearance in my life.

Thanks,
Mike
Unread 2012-07-26, 10:26 PM   #2
Diamond Star

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 10000
Likes (Received): 809
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 9

Working out 4 hours a day, mistake.

Quickest way possible to go from the pictures you showed is to hope on a legit cycle lol. What were your test levels at to have you qualify for TRT?
Diamond Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-26, 10:45 PM   #3
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Star View Post
Working out 4 hours a day, mistake.

Quickest way possible to go from the pictures you showed is to hope on a legit cycle lol. What were your test levels at to have you qualify for TRT?
The 4 hours a day in Highschool was a product of completing required courses early and wanting a filler. To your point, I am sure it wasn't the ideal way of developing the body.

I don't remember the exact level, but I believe it was in the 200 or 300 range; was suppoed to be in the 600 or something from what I can remember. The TRT is prescribed as 100mg per ML and 1 ML every 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Mike
Unread 2012-07-27, 07:04 AM   #4
jFries88

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Every two weeks? Fuck that. Talk about your levels rising and falling. Ask if its possible to get .25ml two times a week.
It's literally the same dosage but would keep your levels consistent rather than rising and falling, aka feeling amazing then like shit.

Spending the money isn't going to get you the body. The motivation to be better than the shitty looking people you're surround by will change your body.

Look into leangains.com (Intermittent Fasting) style diet (Youre basically doing it) for your diet. Basically 2-3 meals a day all pretty good sized, just watch the carbs, then 0 ZERO calories until your next meal. (meaning no snacks, no soda, only water) What diet is easier to maintain than not eating? (No Hunger pangs after week 1 + more energy on the daily)

Crossfit is awesome if you're competitive. It WILL change your body and give you twice the payback. You'll see your body change and get more confident as your times on the circuits improve.

Good luck, take pride in your pullups. After all, theres not many other animals in the world that can't pick up their own bodyweight.

Motivational quote for you:
"We are what we CONTINUALLY do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit"
Unread 2012-07-27, 11:12 AM   #5
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19

lol....you better get consistent as fuck, have a perfect diet and hop on some decent drugs for the next 5 years to look like that pic.

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-27, 11:14 AM   #6
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFries88 View Post
Every two weeks? Fuck that. Talk about your levels rising and falling. Ask if its possible to get .25ml two times a week.
It's literally the same dosage but would keep your levels consistent rather than rising and falling, aka feeling amazing then like shit.

Spending the money isn't going to get you the body. The motivation to be better than the shitty looking people you're surround by will change your body.

Look into leangains.com (Intermittent Fasting) style diet (Youre basically doing it) for your diet. Basically 2-3 meals a day all pretty good sized, just watch the carbs, then 0 ZERO calories until your next meal. (meaning no snacks, no soda, only water) What diet is easier to maintain than not eating? (No Hunger pangs after week 1 + more energy on the daily)

Crossfit is awesome if you're competitive. It WILL change your body and give you twice the payback. You'll see your body change and get more confident as your times on the circuits improve.

Good luck, take pride in your pullups. After all, theres not many other animals in the world that can't pick up their own bodyweight.

"We are what we CONTINUALLY do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit"
uhhhhh....pretty sure about every animal out there with opposoable thumbs can.

and

if you kip it, you're not doing a pull up.

Unread 2012-07-27, 11:55 AM   #7
Ebanks

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 137
Likes (Received): 583
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylva View Post
uhhhhh....pretty sure about every animal out there with opposoable thumbs can.

and

if you kip it, you're not doing a pull up.
I think that's what he said, he just used a double negative in the sentence so it was sort of difficult to discern.
Ebanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-27, 12:00 PM   #8
Ebanks

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 137
Likes (Received): 583
Dislikes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Rx7 View Post
- Eating habbits:
-- I currently eat twice a day. Large meals each time (3000-4000 calories per meal). I am willing to change this.
-- I only eat Beef, Chicken, Patatoe and Bread. No seafood, no meet on bone, nothing fatty, and I don't eat 98% of the vegetables. I am not willing to expand into seafood or vegetables.
You eat 6000-8000 calories a day and aren't active? Is that actually accurate or are you guessing?

Also, you don't have to eat seafood, but if you care about your overall health and well being you probably need to start eating vegetables, whether it's pleasant or not. I hated all vegetables that were even remotely good for me most of my life, but as I started making myself eat them I started enjoying them.

You know what motivated me to start really eating vegetables and seafood? Having a Son and not wanting him to grow up with a bad example of how to eat. He's only 3 months old, but I knew I needed to start getting that shit in order before he was old enough to see me skipping out on the things that help you be a healthier person.
Ebanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-27, 12:02 PM   #9
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

why no veggies? That's just dumb and bad for your health.

Unread 2012-07-27, 12:11 PM   #10
dstock1088

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 106
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 476
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 17

I love veggies, I try to make my meals as colorful as I can and fruits and veggies make that easy.

PM me for custom cabinets and other home remodeling needs.
dstock1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-27, 02:17 PM   #11
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
lol....you better get consistent as fuck, have a perfect diet and hop on some decent drugs for the next 5 years to look like that pic.
Right - that is the goal. I am not expecting that image tomorrow, but I want something where I can see active progress to that 5 year plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebanks View Post
You eat 6000-8000 calories a day and aren't active? Is that actually accurate or are you guessing?

Also, you don't have to eat seafood, but if you care about your overall health and well being you probably need to start eating vegetables, whether it's pleasant or not. I hated all vegetables that were even remotely good for me most of my life, but as I started making myself eat them I started enjoying them.

You know what motivated me to start really eating vegetables and seafood? Having a Son and not wanting him to grow up with a bad example of how to eat. He's only 3 months old, but I knew I needed to start getting that shit in order before he was old enough to see me skipping out on the things that help you be a healthier person.
Ethan,

The calorie consumption varies, but is mostly is accurate. I normally eat like a horse and it shows when I travel and don't eat; I can drop 5-10 lbs in two days. The wife and I usually argue over it, as she is fighting her own weight battles. Simply put, one of my hobbies is to eat. I like it! Yet, on some "fat" days - I hate the fact that I have to hold my breath to tie my shoe. I am not at that point right now, but my weight goes up and down. I started to diary some of my food this week:

Thursday:
Breakfast (rare for me) :
-- two McDonalds Sausage Cheese McGriddles & 1/2 a hash brown
===
1195 calories

Lunch: PepperJax Gril; had a Philly double meet "hot" with onions/jalapeno’s/peppers, extra cheese on the 10" white roll. I also had an order of fries and 7 tub things of the BBQ sauce. I also ate a Cookie.
-- According to the Pepperjax Gril calculator: 2089 for the sandwich/fries/cookie, and guessing 50 calories per "tub" = 350 calories.
===
2439 Calories

Dinner: Japanese Steakhouse. Filet Minion, double-fried rice; onions only for the vegetables. I also drank 1/2 a bottle of that soy sauce on the fried rice (my favorite!) and a bunch of yum-yum for the steak.
-- Generic calorie counter
--- ~1000 for the rice; ~500 for the steak; 320 for the yum yum; ~200 soy sauce
===
2020 calories

Total for the day: 5654

Friday:
- Lunch: 6 flour tortias with Barbacoa, extra-extra rice, extra-extra sour cream, extra pico and extra-cheese. 1 Large bag of chips and two pico salsas. I also ate my daughters 6 piece Chicken nuggets from McDonalds as she decided to eat 1/2 my wife's burrito bowl.
-- Using the Chipotle calculator, it comes up as 2360 calories for the 6 tacos with extras.
-- chips & Salsa: 610 Calories
-- 4 piece chicken nugget: 280 calories
-- 2 Sweet and sour sauces : 100 calories
===
3350 calories thus far.

Quote:
why no veggies? That's just dumb and bad for your health.
Just like anything else - convenience and taste. Long story short - 30 years ago when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I learned real fast (5 years old) that I had power over my parents to eat what I wanted. Meaning, I would take insulin before a meal and then refuse to eat unless it was what I liked. After being resilient through a few spankings, my parents did give in. Hence, I grew up eating this way.

I don't eat fruit because it gives me severe heart burn. Veggies - I will eat:
- Onions
- Pickles
- jalapenos / peppers
- Diced tomatoes (i.e. salsa)
- Some lettuce (when saturated with Ranch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock1088 View Post
I love veggies, I try to make my meals as colorful as I can and fruits and veggies make that easy.
That is extremely difficult for me.

Bottom line: I am looking for a change and want to do this. Hence, I was asking about Crossfit. I have always been financially motivated to complete something if I have money in the game. Since Crossfit is a monthly membership with people pressuring me to do something, I figured it could help my willpower.

I know my current habits are the opposite from what many people who frequent this sub-forum do, and it must sound ridiculous, but it is the truth. You take this seriously and I want to do that as well. But I am also realistic - changing 30 years of habits is difficult.
Unread 2012-07-27, 02:44 PM   #12
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFries88 View Post

Interesting that you commented about the frequency of the TRT. My endocrinologist was the one who prescribed it to me. During my conversation with him, he initially through the "gel" rub was better. Yet, I was getting ready to go on a month long business travel and didn't think I would be able to be consistent with it. Therefore, he prescribed the injections.

Visiting with my primary care doctor today, he also raised an eyebrow about the 2 weeks due to "peaks and valley's" that it would have an effect on. I self medicate my insulin, but this is new territory for me. Being that 1ML = 100mg and 1ML = 1 CC and 1CC = 100 units within my insulin needles; the prescription averages ~7mg a day. That means I can take daily shots of 7 units of it, or 21 units every 3 days.

I have never had TRT before - so I am not sure how it is going to make me feel taking it. I was going to start taking it once I figured how I can pair a good work out / health plan.

Mike
Unread 2012-07-27, 03:17 PM   #13
Diamond Star

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the esther attached to the test you were prescribed... did they give you Test Cyp by chance?
Unread 2012-07-27, 03:32 PM   #14
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, until you are more open to a healty diet change then you're not going to be able to do what you want.

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks polock4life thanked for this post
Likes ItalionStallion888, polock4life liked this post
Unread 2012-07-27, 03:43 PM   #15
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Star View Post
Depends on the esther attached to the test you were prescribed... did they give you Test Cyp by chance?
I was prescribed the following:
Depo - Testosterone
testosterone cypionate
injection, USP
100 mg/mL

Directions were:
use 1 ML injected intramusclearly every 2 weeks

Quote:
Mike, until you are more open to a healty diet change then you're not going to be able to do what you want.
If this is a deal breaker - I will look to change. But this needs to be somewhat reasonable. Meaning - I can eat less. I can more frequently. I can eat more chicken breasts and less fried rice and mashed patatoes. I can try some basic veggies, being slow at first - and maybe try more when I get tired of chicken and celery or something. I just think I will fail if I am expected to go out and eat spinach or sauerkraut and a fish only diet. I literally gag at the smell of that stuff.

I just don't know what to eat, quantity and what to pair with some sort of work out.

Thanks,
Mike
Unread 2012-07-27, 04:00 PM   #16
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

i'd be more interested in making suggestions if you were less content with just trying. You need to want to DO this at all cost.

Unread 2012-07-27, 04:03 PM   #17
Diamond Star

Post Thanks / Like

I pay 6 bucks for a 5 lb bag or organic greens and they taste darn good. I go through a little over 1 bag a week. Get them at costco, so if you have a membership there, pick em up.
Unread 2012-07-27, 04:14 PM   #18
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

I can appreicate that; I do want to do this. I know my faults and would like to set myself up for success by minimizing exposure to those areas of weakness where applicable. Sure, I could come on here and say I am overly dedicated just to waste your time; yet I was trying to be honest on my BIO to best make this occur.

Some of the thoughts on how I could really make this occur:

- Pay for a trainer / program / etc. to help keep me accountable.
- Have a diet that mates to the desired program, without overloading me with so much that my willpower fails.
- ?

I do want this, but I want to do it right. Hence, coming in here and opening up to ask these questions and seek answers. I think the "trying" peice comes to the diet side of it all. I am absolutely ignorant on diet as I have always been so stubborn on what I eat must taste good. This is a BIG change and something very difficult for me to even approach the subject. Yet, I do understand diet goes hand in hand. Hence, I am open with hope and consideration that I have options. For example, I dispise sauerkraut. Is there an alternative to that? Maybe Broccoli? I am much more apt to try Broccoli than touch sauerkraut.

As always - I do appreciate the feedback. This is something that will improve my life, not just some internet babble.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by Red-Rx7; 2012-07-27 at 04:16 PM..
Red-Rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-28, 08:24 AM   #19
polock4life

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 111
Likes (Received): 175
Dislikes (Received): 15

Your honesty is great. Since you are type 1 you should be very concerned and wiling to make this change. For the sake of your family you need to do things you don't like such as hold yourself accountable to exercising and making HUGE diet changes. Type 1 is a terrible disease and you are currently on your way to possibly dying way too young, if you don't change you are going to continue to balloon at a fast rate and bring on more health concerns. If I were you I would be thinking about my fam first aahs then about keeping my fingers, toes, and ability to walk and have the opportunity to be active. You seem smart and recognize the need for changing your life. It's going to be hard and you are going to hate it until it becomes a solid routine in your life. Hopefully watching your body and health improve.will be the fuel you meed to keep pushing. Best of luck to you and crossfit can get you in great shape. The picture you posted however is not really the results you'll attain with crossfit only. Focus on getting healthy first sir, you can do it!
polock4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-30, 12:00 AM   #20
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Well - I have done a few things and wanted to provide an update and track my progress.

Summary:

1) I joined 24 Hour Fitness.
2) I am following Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size program.
3) I spent some $$$ at GNC today (impatient to buy from Amazon and save).
4) I am eating very little. I want to eat more, just not hungry? I am also eating very healthy compared to my typical diet.
5) I did my first workout today. I am not sore, but fatigued. Did each set to muscle failure. Had an embarrasing moment - read below.

Here are the details of from the summary above:

Suppliments:
- Whey Dymatize ISO 100
- Casein Dymatize EliteXT
- MP Armor-V General vitamins
- AminoX BCAA
- C4 Extreme
- NO3 Chrome
- Con-Cret Creatine
- GNC CLA
- Fish Oil 1500

Work out today:
- Benchpress | 4 sets | 13 reps | 65 lbs of weight
- Incline Brenchpress | 3 sets | 13 reps | 65 lbs of weight for set 1/2 - reduced to 45 on 3.
- Incline Dumbell Fly's | 3 sets | 13 reps | 10 lbs of weight
- Cable Cross Over | 3 sets | 13 reps | 10 lbs of weight
- Triceps pressdown | 3 sets | 13 reps | 20 lbs of weight
- Lying Triceps Extensions | 3 sets | 13 reps | 10 lbs of weight
- Cable overhead triceps extensions | 3 sets | 13 reps | 20 lbs of weight
- Standing calf raises (hip sled) | 3 sets | 30 reps | 10 lbs of weight + sled
- Seated calf raises | 3 sets | 30 reps | 25 lbs of weight.
- 20 minutes of elliptical

I started taking the pre-work out and post-work out on Sunday.

Each set I did it until I reached muscle fatigue. I looked like someone who had Parkinson's on the gym floor. Embarassing moment: doing inclined bench with 65 lbs and I reached muscle fatigue faster than I expected. Sat with the bar on my chest until I was able to ask a passer-by for help. Good way to meet people in the Gym!

Note #1: I am not sore! Not sure if it is all of the random shit I put into me with the pre-workout and post-work out (drank it while working out). I am "weak" and have resistance when I try to use the muscles I worked out, but I am not hurting like I remember 17 years ago..
Note #2 : I am very weak. Funny how you lose perspective.
Note #3 : I did 30 minutes of elliptical on Saturday; started my workout at 24 Hours on Sunday.

Nutrition:
On Saturday:
- 3 meals of 6oz grilled chicken breast. Added salt and pepper for flavor.
-- 2 of those meals I had 1/2 a cup of brown rice
- 1 Meal of Subway 6" chicken breast with Sweet Onion sauce, onions, lettus and green peppers on whole wheat bread.

On Sunday:
- 2 meals of Subway 6" chicken breast with Sweet onion sauce, onions, lettus and green peppers on whole weat bread.
- Snack #1 : 1/2 a cup of brown rice.
- Snack #2 : four 2" celery sticks with natural peanut butter.

I took some pictures of myself on day #1. I will give it a few weeks and post some before/after/progression stuff.

Thanks,
Mike
Unread 2012-07-30, 12:13 AM   #21
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

Soreness /= progress or growth.
Unread 2012-07-30, 06:28 AM   #22
ilikehonda

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 10
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

Good to see you making a change!
ilikehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-31, 11:13 PM   #23
Red-Rx7

Post Thanks / Like

Day three in the books now. Day two was a nightmare. The experience at the gym was totally fine, but it felt like I was underwhelmed. While each muscle area I focused on was completely drained and fatigued, I felt like I wasn't "pumped" like day one. Yet, I couldn't hardly curl my arm (focused on biceps, back and abs).

About 45 minutes after I got home - the nightmare started. Above my left shoulder blade, the muscle there decided to "pop out". You could see a "mound" 2" protruding from my back.

I am not sure if it was full of lactic acid or I really injured it - but it hurt almost worse than anything I have dealt with (which is quite a bit really; broken bones, mastoiditis, hickman, pics, multiple surgery's, kidney stones). To make matters worse, my wife had a procedure this morning (7/31/12) and I had to drive her and take care of the kids. I took three oxycodone (5mg each) for the pain and it didn't even scratch the surface. I think I was so tense and had so much anxiety - it just blocked everything out. I was so close to going to the hospital for an IV painkiller, but since I had to deal with the wife I just yelled in my basement all night. I tried ice, heating pad, etc.

After the wife's appointment this morning, I found a position that helped (sling style for the arm). I took some more oxy and slept 8 hours. Now - I am totally fine. I have typical muscle soreness from working out - but no bulging back stuff.

I drank a whole bunch of water AFTER the muscle pain hit, and just normal water through the suppliments before. I am wondering if I didn't drink enough water throughout the day. Any ideas to what the hell happened? This was almost enough of a deterrent to scrap the whole thing. I kid you not when I say nearly the most painful thing I have gone through.

When I started all of this, I weighed in at 171 lbs. On the morning of Day 2 (yesterday morning) I weighed in at 174 lbs - gaining 3 lbs and eating only 1367 calories (with suppliments). Today, I weighed in at 166 lbs - losing 8 lbs since yesterday.

In regards to nutrition - I think I am doing great. I am not hungry, eating stuff I never tried before (broccoli, oatmeal, tried a bite of salmon today, natural peanut butter, egg whites, etc.) and eating hardly anything. Here is the daily counts with suppliments:

Sunday:
- Calories : 1367.5
- Fat : 35.5g
- Carbs : 144g
- Protein: 122g

Monday:
- Calories : 1561.5
- Fat : 62.1g
- Carbs : 80.3g
- Protein: 148.7g

Tuesday: (Day off | Cardio only)
- Calories : 612
- Fat : 22.7g
- Carbs : 51g
- Protein: 18.09g
*Still have my snack tonight to add in; should be about another 190 calories, 16g fat, 8g cabs, 7g protein.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Mike
Unread 2012-08-01, 12:32 PM   #24
Diamond Star

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you only eating as much as a 130 lb girl?

Stop measuring your weight every day lol. Do it once a week, MAX.
Unread 2012-08-01, 12:52 PM   #25
nusch

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 9

Could have been a muscle spasm due to increased workload, dehydration, alteration in electrolytes etc. I've had them before and they hurt like crazy, and visably knot up, but I've never had one last more than 15 min... I'd say try to get into a doctor ASAP if it happens again and hopefully they can review the musculoskeletal involvement and give you a diagnosis. Better yet, they may recommend lab work and be able to tell you if the cause is related to an alteration in blood levels. You have made some significant dietary changes, so it's possible that there may be a link here. Either way, your best bet is prevention.

Prevention:
Make sure to do your due diligence in regard to researching your workout routine. Prepare throughout the day with adequate nutrition (take your multi and hydrate, if you've had electrolyte issues in the past then make this a focus). Warm up and stretch (before and after)... even if you're working with a trainer you may want to add in additional pre work to keep your body loose. I know Sylva and others on here gave me some great info when I was having back issues, I'm sure they can recommend you the same. Good luck, hope it doesn't happen again!