Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2017-07-26, 09:40 AM   #126
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Why Thor Will Use A Gun In 'Ragnarok'

Out of all of the massive reveals this past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, one of the most exciting was the debut of an all-new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. The trailer gave us our first glimpse at Bruce Banner, Fenris Wolf, and Thor wielding a powerful gun. Considering the Asgardian has regularly displayed his power, many fans were curious about what would cause him to use a gun, which director Taika Waititi addressed when speaking with IGN.
"I think we really wanted to challenge Thor in this film," Waititi explained. "He's challenged more than in any of the other films. He loses the hammer, which is the source of his power, and he's really on the back foot most of the film. We didn't want him to be able to utilize magic, or to have Loki's magic. We didn't want him to have too many advantages. He had to really find his way out of this predicament using his brain and using his friends."
Marvel fans have been hoping to see a storyline featuring Hulk that's modeled after Planet Hulk, in which Banner is stranded on a gladiator planet without any hope of returning to earth. Although clearly Ragnarok will not be a direct adaptation of that storyline, Thor's journey seems to mirror that of Hulk in the story, in addition to giving Hulk a time to shine in a similar way to how he did in Planet Hulk.

Despite being inspired by that storyline, the director didn't get to incorporate every idea he had for the film.
"I was just trying to inject my tone and sensibility into it, and then those guys who actually know the comics came in and were like, 'Let's just push it in this direction back here,'" Waititi explained. "Korg and Miek, who are two characters from Planet Hulk, there's that stuff.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-27, 08:50 AM   #127
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Thor: Ragnarok's Rachel House Explains Topaz's Feud With Valkyrie

Fans who managed to get into Hall H for the Marvel Studios presentation during San Diego Comic-Con were treated to some exclusive footage of some upcoming movies.
Sure, the buzz might have been about the Avengers: Infinity War clip shown but there were also some funny scenes from the next film on Marvel’s docket, Thor: Ragnarok. The scenes showed Rachel House, a frequent collaborator of director Taika Waititi, getting into it with Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie as both characters serve the Grandmaster played by Jeff Goldblum.
ComicBook.com caught up with House at San Diego Comic-Con where House spoke about her character Topaz and the relationship she has with Valkyrie. Check out the video above!
“I’m very protective of the Grandmaster,” House said. “And if anyone messes with his affections then I’m gonna get a bit, you know, grumpy.”

Asked what Topaz thinks of Thor, House responded “not much.”
“When you’re standing next to the Grandmaster, who can destroy anything with his wand-thing — and he’s millions of years old — no one compares to the Grandmaster.”
Topaz sounds like the kind of ally a Goldblum character can get behind. We’ll learn more about their relationship when Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters November 3.

Unread 2017-07-27, 09:19 PM   #128
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

It Sounds Like THOR: RAGNAROK's After-Credits Scenes Will Feature Some Big Marvel Cameos

Thor: Ragnarok has recently finished reshoots and star Tessa Thompson talks here about the work that went into those and the fact that they were also spent filming the threequel's after-credits scenes...

Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi recently revealed that much of the movie was improvised so that probably explains why the recently wrapped two weeks of reshoots required over 500 setups! That's something star Tessa Thompson talks about in the video interview below but it may be her comments about the filming of the threequel's after-credits scenes which will probably interest you the most.
"Dude, we killed it. I mean hopefully. We did so many setups, and also what was so exciting is you could see like at the end of the day it would get cut in… There’s two characters in the film that potentially have a fight scene, and some of the reshoots were just adding. So it wasn’t like reshooting stuff, a lot of it was just additional photography or like shooting tags which may or may not have included cameos from elsewhere."
It definitely sounds like they're going to involve some big cameos from some familiar faces but that makes sense when you take into account the fact that Thor: Ragnarok will probably set up the events of Avengers: Infinity War in a major way. That too has only recently finished shooting so it would have been easy to get the schedules of actors lined up to make the process as easy and quick as possible.

Thompson doesn't reveal who made some cameos but the Guardians of the Galaxy are probably a safe bet considering the fact they find Thor floating out in space at the start of Avengers: Infinity War!

Unread 2017-07-27, 09:36 PM   #129
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

One Issue With Hela's Costume In Thor: Ragnarok, According To Cate Blanchett

Thor's dealt with a lot during his time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, from foiling his adoptive brother's invasion of Earth to preventing a Dark Elf from using the Aether to plunge the universe into darkness. This fall, the God of Thunder will face off against Hela, the Asgardian goddess of death who wants to unleash Ragnarok. Comic book movies often take creative liberties with adapting costumes for heroes and villains, but Cate Blanchett's duds in Thor: Ragnarok are reasonably faithful to what her comic book counterpart wears. However, because much of her costume had to be created in post-production, it was difficult for Blanchett to act intimidating in her on-set outfit. Blanchett said:

Half of my costume was done in post. So a lot of the time I was trying to look fierce and bad and indomitable in a mocap suit which is pretty hard to do. That's a lot of polyester to wear in Queensland.
Even for one of the most talented actresses in Hollywood, acting like a all-mighty goddess bent on wreaking destruction can be difficult if you're only wearing a standard motion capture suit. On top of that, wearing such a suit in the hot Australian weather sounds incredibly uncomfortable, but if the Thor: Ragnarok trailers are any indication, Cate Blanchett pulled off her performance remarkably well despite these hitches. With a little over three months to go until Thor: Ragnarok's release, the final post-production touches are being made as we speak, which includes perfecting Hela's costume, antler headdress and all.

Despite the on-set issues, there was one advantage to wearing the mo-cap during a good chunk of principal photography, according to Cate Blanchett. She continued in her interview with E! News:

It wasn't so bad. I think the restroom is harder for Chris [Hemsworth]. But Mark [Ruffalo] and I were wearing mocap suits a lot, which are very easy to go in. And probably no one would notice if you did it in the suit, they're so horrendous. But I did not.
The Thor: Ragnarok costume department expresses their deepest gratitude that Cate Blanchett did not relieve herself in the mo-cap suit.

After being imprisoned for thousands of years, Hela will be awakened in Thor: Ragnarok, and she'll immediately set out to destroy Asgard so it can be reborn in her image. She'll be aided in her sinister plot by Skurge, the Asgardian who is guarding the Bifrost Bridge in Heimdall's absence, and the fire giant Surtur. Upon dealing with their messy situation on The Grandmaster's planet Sakaar, it will be up to Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and Loki to stop Hela from initiating the apocalyptic event from Norse mythology.

We'll see how the fully-uniformed Hela's machinations unfold when Thor: Ragnarok is released on November 3. You can also check out what other Marvel movies are arriving in the coming years.

Unread 2017-07-28, 03:42 PM   #130
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Thor: Ragnarok: Tessa Thompson Reveals After Credit Sequences Part Of Reshoots

Some films end up needing reshoots to fix unforeseen issues with plot and story, but in Thor: Ragnarok's case it seems it was to accommodate a favorite Marvel pastime; after credit sequences and cameos.
Thor: Ragnarok's Tessa Thompson, who plays the lethal Valkyrie in the upcoming Marvel epic, spoke to Collider at Comic-Con about the reshoots, which she also confirmed she was a part of. She also slyly confirmed the after credit sequences were a part of the equation.
"I was. Dude, we killed it. I mean hopefully, we did so many setups, and also what was so exciting was like at the end of a day you could see it cut in. For example, there...oooh, yeah I'm about to say something you're not supposed to say. Let's just say there are two characters in the film that potentially have a fight scene and some of the reshoots were just adding, so it wasn't like reshooting stuff, it was just additional photography, or shooting tags which may or may not have included cameos from fun people from elsewhere."
This could possibly include a cameo by the Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, or any number of heroes involved in Avengers: Infinity War.
As for Thompson, she was enamored with how quickly the team is able to create these visual worlds from the simplest of setups.
"That's what's so neat. I remember there's one where you see Valkyrie on her Pegasus for example. Like at the end of a day they can show me that, that composite. Like at the top of the day I was on a horse, and at the bottom of the day, I was on a horse and the horse was doing nothing it was just still, and then at the end of the day the horse had wings and it was flying and I had a sword, and it's skilled folks that do this."
The description for Thor: Rangarok is included below.
In Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first, he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!In Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first, he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!

Unread 2017-07-31, 10:41 PM   #131
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDU7rXQ2DPY

Unread 2017-08-04, 08:46 AM   #132
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

EMPIRE COVER

Unread 2017-08-07, 08:44 AM   #133
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Why Taika Waititi Sees Thor: Ragnarok As A Standalone Movie

As fans have already seen in Thor: Ragnarok's promotional material, the film promises to be vastly different from the two previous entries in the franchise. And according to Taika Waititi, who is directing the picture, that level of creativity spawned from him approaching the film in a new way.
While speaking with io9 during last month's San Diego Comic-Con, Waititi revealed that he treated Ragnarok as a standalone movie, one that didn't need to be dependent on the plot and tone of Thor and Thor: Ragnarok.
"To be honest, what I did was I tried to approach it as if there were no other films." Waititi explained. "I wanted to make this a standalone film. I loved Thor 1 and Thor 2, but if I was going to make this film my own, I couldn't have come in and tried to make a follow up movie, to try to make the next episode. I wanted to do my own thing."

Unread 2017-08-07, 12:00 PM   #134
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Hemsworth And Mark Ruffalo Reveal Empire's Thor: Ragnarok Covers

Empire smash! The latest issue of the world's biggest movie magazine has Thor: Ragnarok on a choice of two covers, and we've enlisted no less than Thor and Hulk – Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo, to unveil the covers, via Twitter (see here, and here). Take a look below.

The covers are just the tip of an 146-page iceberg. Inside the mag, there's an eight-page report from the Australian set of Taika Waititi's Thor: Raganarok; a massive 26-page Comic-Con Special; a huge career-spanning interview with James Cameron; and all the usual news, reviews, and exclusive previews you've come to expect from the world's biggest movie magazine.

Unread 2017-08-09, 11:09 AM   #135
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Karl Urban On Skurge The Executioner's "Pact With The Devil" In THOR: RAGNAROK

Karl Urban teases that Skurge starts out as something quite different from what he eventually becomes in Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. His role before Hela's invasion of Asgard also impacts Heimdall.

It seems that before Hela invades Asgard, Skurge the Executioner is already the guardian of the Bifrost, apparently replacing Idris Elba's Heimdall. With Loki masquerading as Odin, he likely deemed it prudent to get rid of the all-seeing watcher of the main entry point into the Asgardian capital.

"My character is operating the Bifrost device and suddenly Cate Blanchett walks through the Bifrost and I very astutely realized I either joined her or die. So my character is a survivalist. The journey of Scourge is really ‘OK, now you made a pact with the devil and it comes with a price.’ That price is constantly upped through the movie and that is his journey."

In the trailer for Ragnarok, we seem Heimdall has vacated his post as Bifrost guardian and some fans have speculated that his bewildered look is a sign that he has a bit of amnesia. With Loki on the throne and impersonating Odin, it's likely Heimdall would be the only one capable of seeing through the disguise.

Also, what price do you think Skurge has to pay? Perhaps there's a certain Enchantress whose life hangs in the balance?

Unread 2017-08-09, 07:18 PM   #136
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

THOR: RAGNAROK: The God Of Thunder And Green Goliath Enter The Arena In Stunning Hi-Res Still

The God of Thunder and The Hulk will go to war with each other in Thor: Ragnarok later this year and a new hi-res still from the movie features the former Avengers about to collide. Hulk Smash? Absolutely!

Thor: Ragnarok is shaping up to be 2017's best movie and that's evident from this incredible new still. A scanned version of this found its way online earlier this week but Empire Magazine has now debuted the hi-res version which gives us our best look yet at the two iconic Marvel superheroes about to come to blows. Both are unarmed so this could have come from a late stage in the battle between the two.

A Planet Hulk movie has been rumoured for years and while that's now never going to happen for a myriad of reasons, it's still mind-blowing to see the Jade Giant wearing the armour in Sakaar's arena.

The battle between Thor and The Hulk is obviously going to be a highlight of Thor: Ragnarok and Marvel will hopefully resist spoiling the entire thing in trailers before the threequel is released in November. Time will tell on that front but feel free to share your thoughts on this image down below.

Click on the image below to view the full-size version.

Unread 2017-08-09, 11:36 PM   #137
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

poster

Last edited by JDLM; 2017-08-09 at 11:41 PM..
Unread 2017-08-10, 10:20 AM   #138
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Images Arrive, Jaimie Alexander Confirmed to Return as Lady Sif

The buzz around Thor: Ragnarok has been high ever since the latest trailer debuted at San Diego Comic-Con last month. In fact, the Marvel Studios sequel has been on top of the social media buzz charts for three weeks in a row. That’s impressive for a movie that doesn’t hit theaters until November.
Now the Thor: Ragnarok hype train keeps on rolling with a batch of new images debuting online, showing off the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth), both before and after the new haircut given to him by the people of Sakaar. Plus, there are new shots of Jeff Goldblum as The Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie and Idris Elba as Heimdall.
Along with the new photos, there seems to be confirmation of a certain cast member from the first two installments of the Thor franchise is returning for a third round. See the new Thor Ragnarok photos and find out more about this latest casting confirmation below.

Is Jaime Alexander Returning as Lady Sif?

Before we get to the photos, let’s talk about the latest confirmed addition to Thor: Ragnarok. At one time, the return of Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif was up on the air, but it seems the actress has been confirmed to make an appearance in the film by way of a surprising source. A Twitter user posted this promo for an episode of Talking with Chris Hardwick on AMC:

The promo goes out of the way to say “Jaimie Alexander from Thor: Ragnarok” to promote the episode, which is the best confirmation we’ve had so far about her involvement in the third installment of the franchise. There’s always a chance that her role in the movie was assumed by a the promo’s producer, but usually something like this has to go through several official channels for approval, and if she wasn’t in the movie, that would have been squashed rather quickly.
For now, we’ll assume that Lady Sif will be involved in Thor: Ragnarok in some capacity. However, fans of the character may want to prepare themselves, because with Hela the goddess of death invading Asgard, some of our favorite warriors may end up meeting the wrong end of her blade.

New Thor: Ragnarok Photos

A batch of new photos from Thor: Ragnarok have surfaced online from this month’s issue of Empire, giving us a new look at the characters we’ve been introduced to in the first two trailers for the sequel so far. The images include the work colleagues Thor and Hulk getting ready to smash into each other, as well as Thor and Loki (Tom Hiddleston) spending some time in New York City together. But there are some other interesting details to be noticed in these images as well:

First of all, take note of the image where The Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum) is standing at a control center with Topaz (Rachel House of Hunt for the Wilderpeople) on his right. They have Thor himself presented in front of him, restrained in some kind of chair. This looks to be at the end of one of the scenes that was shown to us at San Diego Comic-Con, where Thor is sitting in a chair that moves through a holographic display that explains the origin of Sakaar and its ruler, The Grandmaster. It’s a sequence that takes a cue from the scary boat ride from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, containing exposition presented in an entertaining way.
Secondly, check out that photo of Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. What’s going on behind her? With all the green streamers and homemade heads that look like a familiar green guy we all know, this appears to be some kind of parade for the gladiator champion known as The Incredible Hulk. He’s clearly quite a big deal on Sakaar, and I can’t imagine the planet is going to be too happy when Bruce Banner and Thor decide to make a getaway from the planet.
Finally, what we’ve seen of Idris Elba has Heimdall so far has been very interesting. He’s not wearing the gold armor that we’ve seen him wear in the previous Thor movies and he’s in the middle of the wilderness somewhere. The teaser trailer showed him fighting what appeared to be Hela’s minions, so maybe he’s on the run from the invasion of Asgard. We’ll have to wait and see.
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela (Cate Blanchett). But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – The Incredible Hulk!”

Unread 2017-08-11, 09:10 AM   #139
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New THOR: RAGNAROK Image Teases A Showdown Between Tom Hiddleston's Loki & Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie

The God of Thunder and The Incredible Hulk are not the only characters that'll be going one-on-one in Thor: Ragnarok! Check out this new image from the upcoming Marvel flick featuring Loki and Valkyrie...

We've had quite a few action-packed images from Thor: Ragnarok recently, but this latest still teases a showdown between two characters that were weren't necessarily expecting to see.

This pic popped up over at the
twhnewscom Instagram page, and features Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) in the midst of a knife-fight. It looks like the God of Mischief is keeping the fierce Asagardian warrior at bay for the moment, but something tells me that could all change very quickly.

We know these two will eventually wind up on the same side, so it'll be interesting to see how they arrive at that shaky truce after this scuffle.

Thor: Ragnarok hits theatres on November 3.

Unread 2017-08-12, 11:02 PM   #140
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Thor: Ragnarok Director On Jack Kirby's Influence

The more that Marvel Comics fans see of Thor: Ragnarok, the more they see of Jack Kirby’s influence on the film. That’s no accident, according to the film’s director.
Taika Waititi admits that the artwork of Kirby, who created Marvel’s version of the Asgardian god of thunder, was a huge influence on his vision for Thor: Ragnarok.
“The look is inspired a helluva lot by Jack Kirby and his art,” Waititi tells Entertainment Weekly. “I loved the kind of cosmic trippy vibe of the Thor comics.”
Waititi added that he felt like he knew the perfect music to accompany the Kirby-inspired visuals.
“I’ve often said if Freddie Mercury were alive, I would have asked Queen to do the soundtrack,” he says. “The movie just has that feel: It’s a cool, bold, colorful cosmic adventure.”
In addition to Thor, Kirby created many of Marvel's most popular character, including Captain America, The Avengers, the X-Men, Silver Surfer, and the Hulk.
Kirby passed away in 1994. August 28 will mark what would have been the artist's 100th birthday. He was honored with a Disney Legend award at the D23 Expo and there is currently an ongoing campaign for him to be honored with a Google doodle on his birthday.

Unread 2017-08-12, 11:03 PM   #141
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Hemsworth Loved Not Having To Wear A Wig in Thor: Ragnarok

In many ways, Thor: Ragnarok is already breaking the mold of what people expect for the Marvel Cinematic Universe character. But for the actor who brings Thor to life, one element of that reinvention was particularly liberating - the new haircut.
In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, Chris Hemsworth addressed the change in hairdo, with Thor's short hair being quite a departure from the traditional long blonde locks seen across four MCU films.
"When I didn’t have the wig on," Hemsworth revealed, "I instantly felt like I could move and speak and react differently."
According to Hemsworth, taking away the wig was part of a larger overhaul of Thor's aesthetic - one that changed how he approached the role as a whole.
"Once we aesthetically stripped a lot of that away," Hemsworth explained. "it allowed the whole thing to take on a different attitude. It felt like a completely different character, and that was hugely liberating and freeing as an actor because I had become a bit bored with myself."

Unread 2017-08-15, 11:18 AM   #142
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

THOR: RAGNAROK: New Stills Reveal Closer Look At The God Of Thunder, Loki, And Bruce Banner

A new batch of Thor: Ragnarok stills have found their way online and they offer up a fresh look at the God of Thunder, his mischievous brother Loki, and Bruce Banner before he transforms into The Hulk.

Thor: Ragnarok is shaping up to be one of the best Marvel Studios movies to date and with its November release looming, more awesome content from the threequel is quickly finding its way online. The latest batch of stills offer up a closer look at some of the lead characters, with Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Tom Hiddleston's Loki, and Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner all getting the spotlight.

They don't really reveal anything new about the highly anticipated release but that shot of the God of Mischief features extras and a set which should instantly remind you of Jack Kirby's iconic artwork.

The last trailer for Thor: Ragnarok was released during Comic-Con and there's a chance we could see one more before November. Hopefully, it won't give away quite as many reveals as the last one but Marvel is no doubt going to want to give the movie one final big promotional push. What do you guys think of these new stills? As always, be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Unread 2017-08-16, 10:49 PM   #143
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gWXdAVfiLE

Unread 2017-08-24, 01:59 PM   #144
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2017-08-26, 11:56 AM   #145
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS: THOR: RAGNAROK Toy Seemingly Confirms GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Connection

A new Funko Mystery Minifigure toy image seemingly confirms a very interesting connection between a character from Thor: Ragnarok and sonmeone form Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Possible SPOILERS ahead.

There's been a fan-theory doing the rounds for a while that Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster character from Thor: Ragnarok might turn out to be a Celestial, and this image of one of Funko's new Mystery Mini toys would seem to confirm it.

Of course, you can't always be certain that this type of thing will actually end up pertaining to the plot of the movie (we're looking at you, Iron Man 3 "Mandarin Attacks" LEGO set), but more often than not some intriguing tidbits can be gleaned.

If The Grandmaster is indeed a Celestial - and even half as powerful as Ego from Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - then The God of Thunder and his pals might have an even bigger problem than Hela on their hands.

What do you guys think? Drop us a comment in the usual place.

Unread 2017-08-29, 09:37 AM   #146
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU JACK KIRBY

Unread 2017-08-29, 10:57 AM   #147
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New THOR: RAGNAROK Image Gives Us Another Look At The Grandmaster, Valkyrie And Topaz

As part of their massive Fall preview, Yahoo! Movies has debuted a brand new still from Marvel's upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, featuring The Grandmaster, Valkyrie and Topaz. Check it out after the jump...

On the heels of that awesome new Thor: Ragnarok footage of The God of Thunder taking on The Hulk in The Grandmaster's arena, Yahoo! has debuted another look at Jeff Goldblum's character as part of their Fall preview.

The Grandmaster is pictured alongside Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie and another of the villain's soldiers, Topaz, who will be played by Hunt for The Wilderpeople actress Rachel House.

Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters on November 3. Do you think the Marvel threequel will continue 2017's run of terrific comic book movies?

Unread 2017-09-03, 09:40 PM   #148
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Get A Much Better Look At The Heroes And Villains Of THOR: RAGNAROK With Some New Artwork And A Toy

Thor: Ragnarok's marketing campaign operates at full capacity, so we have a ton of new artwork and a toy which provides a more detailed look at Miek, Thor's strangest (and arguably cutest) friend...

The countdown to the thirdThor movie is coming to an end, as the film finally releases in some countries later next month. One of the characters that will make his big-screen debut in the film is Miek, who has been adapted directly from Planet Hulk comic.

Thanks to better quality images of Miek's Funko toy, we can get a look at the hero's design from all sides.

"He’s sort of like an insectoid. He sort of has a cool exoskeleton with knife hands. He’s basically sort of a larva shaped thing. He controls the exoskeleton with these controls and stuff. He’s way more graceful than Korg. Much more efficient and Miek does not talk" , says directorTaika Waititi.

Below you can check out the older artwork in high resolution, a lot of new concept art featuring the gladiator fight, portraits of Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and Loki, a calendar filled with thumbnails of heroes and villains. Plus, you can download textless, ultra-detailed (9754 x 13598 and 10000 x 11193) Thor: Ragnarok posters by clicking here and here . Enjoy!

Thor: Ragnarok hits theatres on November 3, 2017.

Unread 2017-09-05, 07:23 PM   #149
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdOyTLrg_4k

Unread 2017-09-06, 08:56 PM   #150
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KDq_jYus_8

Tags
thor 3