Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2011-01-12, 08:05 AM   #76
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,278
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddio55 View Post
You see a player get six games for battery, you would think that stealing some clothes would be a lesser offense. But thats the NCAA for you, I guess.
You need to separate the two because the NCAA doesn't rule on the little thing. The NCAA only gives a shit about amateurism and eligibility. Getting in a fight isnt really something I have seen them make a judgement on. So in the case of your guys it was impermissible benefits, just like Selby's case. The university could have self-imposed but it sounds like they were caught blind on it and, even if they had, they could have still be usurped by the NCAA or the conference. Look at Tennessee, they tried to self-impose and the conference put its own suspension on the coach.

In Little's case it was determined in-house because it was a program's ethics violation. The NCAA typically doesn't get involved in those.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 08:10 AM   #77
KUweatherman
Super Moderator
 
KUweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Olathe
Posts: 41,520
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 364
Likes (Given): 5003
Likes (Received): 2126
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174
Default

lol @ the Pam Breech message.
__________________
KUweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 05:52 PM   #78
TypeR2001
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 2,399
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 21
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I for one, am glad he is back, because with our team whole, we can throw everything but the bathroom sink at our opponents.
I see what you did there.
__________________
Quote:
"I have tried to see things from the liberal point of view but I find it difficult to get my head that far up my ass." -unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGT
I hope that MU hangs a Chase Daniel Super Bowl banner next to their 2009 Elite Eight banner.
TypeR2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 06:06 PM   #79
mrfreddio55
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Olathe / Manhattan
Posts: 2,518
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
You need to separate the two because the NCAA doesn't rule on the little thing. The NCAA only gives a shit about amateurism and eligibility. Getting in a fight isnt really something I have seen them make a judgement on. So in the case of your guys it was impermissible benefits, just like Selby's case. The university could have self-imposed but it sounds like they were caught blind on it and, even if they had, they could have still be usurped by the NCAA or the conference. Look at Tennessee, they tried to self-impose and the conference put its own suspension on the coach.

In Little's case it was determined in-house because it was a program's ethics violation. The NCAA typically doesn't get involved in those.
Yeah, I understand that. IMO, I don't think that the K-State players got a discount just because they're on the basketball team. But like you said, the NCAA does. If the situation was looked at for what it truly was (theft) then it could've been handled in house like Little's situation was. Oh well.
__________________
mrfreddio55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 06:35 PM   #80
Ryan D
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,166
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 91
Likes (Received): 1288
Dislikes (Given): 28
Dislikes (Received): 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGT View Post
Lacey's mother sent me this on Facebook:

Pam Leopold Breech January 11 at 6:38pm Report
Dear Brett,
I don't know you personally. I do know that you posted more than one mean, false accusation about my daughter, Lacey, online.
I'm sorry that publicly bashing others must make you feel "witty" and intelligent. Maybe you thought you were defending Mario in some super Jayhawk fan fashion. I do know you don't have a clue about the situation you so freely gave your opinion about.
Maybe it's because I was raised well. Or maybe it's because I believe you should treat others how you would want to be treated. But it just doesn't occur to me to attack people. I feel sorry for whatever reason you have that compels you to be mean to others.
Pam Breech
What did you say about her?
Ryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 11:24 PM   #81
BrettGT
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,575
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 50
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
What did you say about her?
I'm a bad, bad man. A couple of my friends use to slam her. They passed her back and forth. Her nickname is "hole."
BrettGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 11:26 PM   #82
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,278
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGT View Post
I'm a bad, bad man. A couple of my friends use to slam her. They passed her back and forth. Her nickname is "hole."
So you were calling her a whore before everyone else knew she was a cum dumpster? You should get a pass then.

I really, really dont understand why these guys fall in love with whores. Even the fucking walk on's are batting .400, or should be. Why the fuck would you fall in love with someone that everyone else has glazed her face/hair/feet?
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 11:28 PM   #83
BrettGT
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,575
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 50
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
So you were calling her a whore before everyone else knew she was a cum dumpster? You should get a pass then.
Her most notable accomplishment in life will be fucking Sherron Collins.
BrettGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 11:30 PM   #84
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,278
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddio55 View Post
Yeah, I understand that. IMO, I don't think that the K-State players got a discount just because they're on the basketball team. But like you said, the NCAA does. If the situation was looked at for what it truly was (theft) then it could've been handled in house like Little's situation was. Oh well.
Why else would someone give them shit? Does Dillard's have a "free shit for black guys" day?

And, honestly, would you rather have your star players out for a few games for making a mistake or suspended for the same time for something potentially criminal? Personally, Id rather use the dumbass defense.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-12, 11:31 PM   #85
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,278
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGT View Post
Her most notable accomplishment in life will be fucking Sherron Collins.
Damn, she couldnt even pull someone who gets drafted? Guess she had better learn to control that gag reflex. Otherwise you aren't going to get knocked up by a guy with a payday.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 01:23 AM   #86
mrfreddio55
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Olathe / Manhattan
Posts: 2,518
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Why else would someone give them shit? Does Dillard's have a "free shit for black guys" day?

And, honestly, would you rather have your star players out for a few games for making a mistake or suspended for the same time for something potentially criminal? Personally, Id rather use the dumbass defense.
The rumor is that Kelly knew a chick that worked there. Employees hook up their friends all the time. Don't act like you've never heard of something like that happening before. The manager of Dillards is the one who turned them in.

Yeah, I'd rather have them out for criminal charges. For one, that is what I believe what really happened. Plus, judging by the Little situation, the penalty would have been less severe.

AND, you know what they say.. more criminals = more wins. Which K-State could use right about now.
__________________
mrfreddio55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 10:32 AM   #87
Ryan D
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,166
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 91
Likes (Received): 1288
Dislikes (Given): 28
Dislikes (Received): 212
Default

Any dumbass knows that getting hooked up = impermissible benefits. That's the risk they took.
Ryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 02:29 PM   #88
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,278
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
Any dumbass knows that getting hooked up = impermissible benefits. That's the risk they took.
And you know this isnt coming from a KU homer...
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 03:11 PM   #89
mrfreddio55
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Olathe / Manhattan
Posts: 2,518
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
Any dumbass knows that getting hooked up = impermissible benefits. That's the risk they took.
Like I said, it's an impermissible benefit if they got "hooked up" because of their celebrity as a basketball player. I highly doubt that was the case. Why would the manager be the one to turn them in, then?
__________________
mrfreddio55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 07:28 PM   #90
ctprelude
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Downtown KC
Posts: 6,920
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 166
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddio55 View Post
Like I said, it's an impermissible benefit if they got "hooked up" because of their celebrity as a basketball player. I highly doubt that was the case. Why would the manager be the one to turn them in, then?
It doesn't matter if that's really what the case was or not. Players can't take any type of gift, discount, etc. unless it's something anyone off the street is getting as well. The players know this and they were both apparently willing to take the risk for some clothes and got caught.
__________________
ctprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 08:01 PM   #91
06g35meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,875
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 382
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 14
Default

IM of the opinion if you can get it, take it. I dont care if someone can get $1000 more off a car cause they are a celeb. They deserve it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
BTW, shorten your SIG.
06g35meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 08:15 PM   #92
Ryan D
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,166
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 91
Likes (Received): 1288
Dislikes (Given): 28
Dislikes (Received): 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06g35meister View Post
IM of the opinion if you can get it, take it. I dont care if someone can get $1000 more off a car cause they are a celeb. They deserve it.
They're amateurs.
Ryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-13, 09:19 PM   #93
MidnightSS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: KC
Posts: 6,309
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

I don't think Self was too lenient, he let the courts handle it, which they did, and then let him back on the team.
MidnightSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org