Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Fitness and Health

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2011-12-29, 11:58 AM   #1
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default 2012 Weightloss/Health Thread

Oh, you know how I do it. Same as last year's.

I already know it's going to be Title Boxing Club 5 days a week and 1 day of personal training. And, I'll be making a genuine effort to get strength training in at least 2 times a week.

Here's to a healthy year!
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 12:06 PM   #2
Albatross
 
Albatross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 17,313
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 100
Thanks (Received): 189
Likes (Given): 276
Likes (Received): 1330
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 71
Default

This should just be labeled "Conversations between Mayya and Reid"

lolol
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 12:31 PM   #3
Sylva
Harry Potter
 
Sylva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: H-Town, Third ward.
Posts: 18,897
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19
Default

you'd see more results by hiring someone to do your diet.

IMO
__________________
Downsouth we still be bangin' Robert Davis on the regular...

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks speedysweetie thanked for this post
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 12:39 PM   #4
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylva View Post
you'd see more results by hiring someone to do your diet.

IMO
I'm sure you're right about it, but I'm being realistic with myself. I can follow a diet strict M-F, but come Sa & Su, I tend to allow for gaps. So, I'd rather take longer to lose than to do it the right way but fall into bad habits later down the road. I am trying to focus on clean eating and not low-calorie eating.
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 02:34 PM   #5
The Lox
 
The Lox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DallASS
Posts: 15,505
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 131
Likes (Given): 181
Likes (Received): 946
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 34
Default

Get back to following Weight Watchers full time and focusing on the program again. I have been loosely following the plan the last 6 months. I still virtually calculate my points, but I know that is not even close.

The wife is getting back on the plan now that she is no longer pregnant. I hope to lose 75 lbs over the course of the entire year. If I can do that I will have lost 105 lbs in 2 years...

I also want to start excercising regularly, going to start slow but stay consistant...
__________________
You're fucking out!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
The Lox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 05:04 PM   #6
EG9-ish
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raytown, MO
Posts: 7,699
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 143
Likes (Received): 129
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

I started going to the gym as of October this year and plan to stick with it well into 2012. Been trying to read as much as I can about fitness do's and don'ts. Here is to a, hopefully, healthy new year.
__________________

2005 BMW 325xi
[B]| Built, Not Bought | 92 Civic Ferio
Revline Motors
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
EG9-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 05:18 PM   #7
Joe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 1,812
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 8
Default

I actually started in November but have been going to the gym 4-5 times a week. For me its a two stage process because I love to eat. Now that I have become a regular with exercise I've started to cut back the crappy food. Its going to be a long road for me...
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 05:25 PM   #8
EG9-ish
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raytown, MO
Posts: 7,699
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 143
Likes (Received): 129
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I actually started in November but have been going to the gym 4-5 times a week. For me its a two stage process because I love to eat. Now that I have become a regular with exercise I've started to cut back the crappy food. Its going to be a long road for me...
Sounds exactly like me. I'm going about 3-5 a week at this point for about an hour or so and i feel great. Cutting back on foods I shouldn't have and incorporating the foods i really should eat is the tough part.
__________________

2005 BMW 325xi
[B]| Built, Not Bought | 92 Civic Ferio
Revline Motors
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
EG9-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-29, 05:47 PM   #9
Joe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 1,812
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 8
Default

I'm going to have to go as far as planning my meals on Sunday and then trying to execute all week. I also had a lot of luck with the online weight watchers tool in the past. For me, being able to log everything really shows where I'm deficient.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-30, 09:43 AM   #10
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'm going to have to go as far as planning my meals on Sunday and then trying to execute all week. I also had a lot of luck with the online weight watchers tool in the past. For me, being able to log everything really shows where I'm deficient.
FYI-- There are many free tools that allow you to log your foods. Myfitnesspal.com and Sparkpeople.com are the first ones that pop into my head, but there are tons more!
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks EG9-ish thanked for this post
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-30, 10:59 AM   #11
Joe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 1,812
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 8
Default

I will definitely look in to those. I don't think it necessarily matters which one I use, they're probably all the same. Its just logging it thats important to me. Keeps me honest.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-30, 07:02 PM   #12
EG9-ish
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raytown, MO
Posts: 7,699
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 143
Likes (Received): 129
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysweetie View Post
FYI-- There are many free tools that allow you to log your foods. Myfitnesspal.com and Sparkpeople.com are the first ones that pop into my head, but there are tons more!
Thank you for this. I was looking into that as well!
__________________

2005 BMW 325xi
[B]| Built, Not Bought | 92 Civic Ferio
Revline Motors
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 1 Dislikes
Likes speedysweetie liked this post
Dislikes acvw_insanity disliked this post
EG9-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 10:44 AM   #13
CrazieAccord
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 13,820
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 92
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Started back in Sept/Oct, slowly buy surely learning and adapting.

Personal training 2 days a week, boot camp 1 day a week and couch to 5k 2-3 days/week.

Working on more clean eating, weeding out all the chemical/processed junk.
__________________
Realtor with ReeceNichols Real Estate
CrazieAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 12:17 PM   #14
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grain Valley
Posts: 27,247
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 943
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
This should just be labeled "Conversations between Mayya and Reid"

lolol
Funny thing is I haven't been to the gym since June except two times last week. I'm still under 180lbs. I'll be putting it back into my daily routine again though.
ReidStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 12:57 PM   #15
Azrael
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Those aint love handles, they are aux tanks to fuel the sex machine
Posts: 7,611
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 471
Thanks (Received): 201
Likes (Given): 2111
Likes (Received): 1650
Dislikes (Given): 531
Dislikes (Received): 85
Default

Squat over 500

DL over 500

Bench over 500

2012 only happens once.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 08:47 PM   #16
MyLittlePwny
DHG5295
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wichita
Posts: 14,378
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 92
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 398
Likes (Received): 763
Dislikes (Given): 22
Dislikes (Received): 52
Default

Started the year at 243lbs. Initial goal is to be in the 210-215 range by Memorial weekend. Started dieting yesterday.
__________________
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 10:18 PM   #17
Protege94
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,404
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 98
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 20
Default

Get into the 25 minute range for 5k
Drop back down to 200-205

Get back to being "ripped" like I was during college football.
__________________
Dedicated Mu Fan!

1998 Civic EX
Protege94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-03, 10:22 PM   #18
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 09:21 AM   #19
impaul4
 
impaul4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MCI
Posts: 7,959
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 154
Likes (Received): 911
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 9
Default

I have seriously let myself go. I have gained like 63lbs since I quit smoking. I threw dieting out the window and I have ate nothing but crap and I have paid for it. I find myself disgusting and want to do something about it. I am 6'3 and weigh 259. I want to get down to the 200 range by 2013.

I am going to start cooking at home and eating healthier and getting off my ass more. My question is, is Title Boxing Club worth it and does it work or is it hype? I don't know anything about it but since Lawrence has one I thought about joing because it sounds fun and they say you can burn over 1000 calories per session. This wouldn't be my onyl exercise but was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it? And what your thoughts about it are and if by any chance you know how expensive it is? Is it a per session price or a set membership price?

I appreciat any input. I just finally have got tired at looking at how I am and what I was and want to do something and will keep looking here and at other threads on tips and advice to not just lose weight but to change my life style because I want this to be a life long thing of eating healthy and being active.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPHORIC View Post
I guess people are doing anything for a quick buck these days. If I wanna vacuum my house butt naked while listening to Darude - Sandstorm with the blinds open, I should be able to without people OUTSIDE giving a fuck.
impaul4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 09:52 AM   #20
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaul4 View Post
I have seriously let myself go. I have gained like 63lbs since I quit smoking. I threw dieting out the window and I have ate nothing but crap and I have paid for it. I find myself disgusting and want to do something about it. I am 6'3 and weigh 259. I want to get down to the 200 range by 2013.

I am going to start cooking at home and eating healthier and getting off my ass more. My question is, is Title Boxing Club worth it and does it work or is it hype? I don't know anything about it but since Lawrence has one I thought about joing because it sounds fun and they say you can burn over 1000 calories per session. This wouldn't be my onyl exercise but was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it? And what your thoughts about it are and if by any chance you know how expensive it is? Is it a per session price or a set membership price?

I appreciat any input. I just finally have got tired at looking at how I am and what I was and want to do something and will keep looking here and at other threads on tips and advice to not just lose weight but to change my life style because I want this to be a life long thing of eating healthy and being active.

Title Boxing Club works as long as you go. Just like any other gym.

The price is a set membership price. Since Lawrence just recently opened, i bet they have some special deals going on right now. You do get to try a class for free for your first time. Check it out and see how you like it. I've been a member since August 2010 and love it. But then again, I now go 5x a week. You probably CAN burn 1000 calories the first time you go, but it'll start to burn less as your body becomes more used to the exercise.
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes impaul4 liked this post
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 09:59 AM   #21
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Simple tips for staying on track in 2012 (From Hungrygirl.com)
Quote:
Make small changes. It's unrealistic to think that you'll suddenly eat perfectly balanced meals every day, start running several miles daily, and drop fifteen pounds by February. If you set your expectations too high, you're more likely to get frustrated and give up. Work on improving one meal each day, and try to get in some sort of activity daily (whether it's taking your dog on longer walks or using the stairs instead of the elevator). Then gradually make more improvements to your diet and exercise routine.

Plan ahead. It's all about being prepared for those days when life throws you a curveball. Check the online menu before you head out to a restaurant. Keep your fridge and freezer stocked with guilt-free staples for quick and easy meals. Schedule a regular workout time with a pal so you won't slack off. Remember, the best defense is a strong offense!

Have fun! I know, you're probably thinking, "Since when is weight loss fun?" But it can be. Be adventurous and try some new guilt-free foods (like kabocha squash and Tofu Shirataki noodles). Buddy up -- it's more enjoyable to exercise and shop for groceries with a friend, and the two of you can keep each other accountable. Reward yourself for hitting weight-loss goals. It's all about finding ways to keep yourself motivated.

Don't be too hard on yourself. We're all human and nobody's perfect. It's okay to splurge every once in a while on the foods you crave. Then jump right back into things at your next meal. No harm done.
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 10:13 AM   #22
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grain Valley
Posts: 27,247
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 943
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaul4 View Post
I have seriously let myself go. I have gained like 63lbs since I quit smoking. I threw dieting out the window and I have ate nothing but crap and I have paid for it. I find myself disgusting and want to do something about it. I am 6'3 and weigh 259. I want to get down to the 200 range by 2013.

I am going to start cooking at home and eating healthier and getting off my ass more. My question is, is Title Boxing Club worth it and does it work or is it hype? I don't know anything about it but since Lawrence has one I thought about joing because it sounds fun and they say you can burn over 1000 calories per session. This wouldn't be my onyl exercise but was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it? And what your thoughts about it are and if by any chance you know how expensive it is? Is it a per session price or a set membership price?

I appreciat any input. I just finally have got tired at looking at how I am and what I was and want to do something and will keep looking here and at other threads on tips and advice to not just lose weight but to change my life style because I want this to be a life long thing of eating healthy and being active.


It's super easy to lose weight! I lost 50lbs in less than a year hardly trying. Walked on a treadmill @ 3.4mph at 15 elevation for 20 - 30 min 3 - 4 times a week. I ate those healthy choice type meals and a healthy breakfast before I figured out what exactly are things I need to eat. I even went out to eat many times a week. Nothing fried obviously and didn't over eat. Seriously anyone that keeps "working out and eating right" and doesn't lose much weight is lying to their self. I see it all the time.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes impaul4 liked this post
ReidStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 10:42 AM   #23
impaul4
 
impaul4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MCI
Posts: 7,959
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 154
Likes (Received): 911
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysweetie View Post
Title Boxing Club works as long as you go. Just like any other gym.

The price is a set membership price. Since Lawrence just recently opened, i bet they have some special deals going on right now. You do get to try a class for free for your first time. Check it out and see how you like it. I've been a member since August 2010 and love it. But then again, I now go 5x a week. You probably CAN burn 1000 calories the first time you go, but it'll start to burn less as your body becomes more used to the exercise.
I figured the calories declined the more you go since you are getting leaner and your body is use to the cardio. But I am stopping by after work to check it out. Is there extra equipment you have/ need to to buy in order to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidStylez View Post
It's super easy to lose weight! I lost 50lbs in less than a year hardly trying. Walked on a treadmill @ 3.4mph at 15 elevation for 20 - 30 min 3 - 4 times a week. I ate those healthy choice type meals and a healthy breakfast before I figured out what exactly are things I need to eat. I even went out to eat many times a week. Nothing fried obviously and didn't over eat. Seriously anyone that keeps "working out and eating right" and doesn't lose much weight is lying to their self. I see it all the time.
Is my biggest problem. I just love food and have to have a lot of it. I already cut out soda so that should help. I never work out so I know the problem and am facing it and trying to get rid of it. I don't expect to be perfect but don't want to eat nothing but fast food like I do now. For instance when I order pizza, I'm like "oh ya, pizza", then I eat the whole fucking thing. Then I do it againg 3 times a week because its cheap. I know how I got here and I want to fix it.




I want to cut out deep fried foods and eat healthy but I have a hard time distinguishing what's healthy. Like I though chinese food with steamed rice is healthy but turns out the sauce is fatty and the rice is steamed starch. I'm going to look over the articles when I can. I plan on doing Title Boxing along with running on the weekends around the neighborhood getting to the gym if I can. Obviously cut out fast food and such.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPHORIC View Post
I guess people are doing anything for a quick buck these days. If I wanna vacuum my house butt naked while listening to Darude - Sandstorm with the blinds open, I should be able to without people OUTSIDE giving a fuck.
impaul4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 10:54 AM   #24
speedysweetie
Mafia Queen
 
speedysweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,576
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 176
Likes (Received): 159
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaul4 View Post
I figured the calories declined the more you go since you are getting leaner and your body is use to the cardio. But I am stopping by after work to check it out. Is there extra equipment you have/ need to to buy in order to do it?
The wraps are the only thing you'll need at the beginning. They are a little less than $6. The gym should have gloves that you can use. If you decide to join and become an avid goer, then you can consider buying your own gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaul4 View Post
I want to cut out deep fried foods and eat healthy but I have a hard time distinguishing what's healthy. Like I though chinese food with steamed rice is healthy but turns out the sauce is fatty and the rice is steamed starch. I'm going to look over the articles when I can. I plan on doing Title Boxing along with running on the weekends around the neighborhood getting to the gym if I can. Obviously cut out fast food and such.
There are tons and tons and tons of articles on eating right and distinguishing between foods. It's all baby steps. Consider a calorie counting system as well, like the ones I mentioned in a previous post. It will calculate your caloric needs based on your weight & your activity level. You will be able to see exactly how much calories/fat/etc a food has before you even consider putting it in your mouth.
__________________

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
"If you feel you need to tell lies to get ahead, perhaps you need to evaluate why you're behind in the first place."
speedysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-04, 11:06 AM   #25
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grain Valley
Posts: 27,247
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 943
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaul4 View Post



Is my biggest problem. I just love food and have to have a lot of it. I already cut out soda so that should help. I never work out so I know the problem and am facing it and trying to get rid of it. I don't expect to be perfect but don't want to eat nothing but fast food like I do now. For instance when I order pizza, I'm like "oh ya, pizza", then I eat the whole fucking thing. Then I do it againg 3 times a week because its cheap. I know how I got here and I want to fix it.




I want to cut out deep fried foods and eat healthy but I have a hard time distinguishing what's healthy. Like I though chinese food with steamed rice is healthy but turns out the sauce is fatty and the rice is steamed starch. I'm going to look over the articles when I can. I plan on doing Title Boxing along with running on the weekends around the neighborhood getting to the gym if I can. Obviously cut out fast food and such.
I just told you what to eat basically! Seriously for now you can't go wrong with picking up a lean cuisine or healthy choice meal for lunch and dinner. Hell I lost all my weight with one of those for lunch and a 6" sub from subway (chicken, lettuce, tomatoe, pickles, green pepper and little ranch) or Wendy's grilled chicken without the bun and a side salad instead of fries. I'd eat two whole weat slices of toast with naturally more peanut butter for breakfast and a fiber bar for snack between breakfast and lunch and something like tuna or one slice of toast for snack between lunch and dinner.
ReidStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org