Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2013-07-01, 12:08 PM   #26
MattCM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 215
Likes (Received): 60
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 1

I feel like if they do a sequel it needs to be a story about someone else and what they are doing after receiving the "camouflage vaccine". Can't think of someone I'd like to see as the main character though.

'02 WRX Aspen White
MattCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-01, 02:14 PM   #27
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

maybe they could follow elite extermination squads that go worldwide eliminating the "zeke's" and then they turn on them when the camouflage wears off. maybe starting in the middle east (iran/afghanistan/india, moving to russia, china, alaska and down to good old mainland U.S.A!!)
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-01-20, 10:23 PM   #28
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Writer Talks 'World War Z' Sequel

Share2 Tweet14 0 Email0
Jan.20.15 – by Philip Sticco

I admit, I was one of the skeptics before I watched World War Z. I loved Max Brooks' book, and, from what I'd heard of the film, it felt like too much of a departure. I ended up enjoying WWZ quite a bit, and with a worldwide gross of over $500,000,000 it appears I wasn't the only one.
It should come as no shock that a sequel is in the works. Last I heard Brad Pitt was returning, but after a comment from World War Z 2's writer, I'm not so sure.
Steven Knight (Eastern Promises, Dirty Pretty Things) has been tasked with penning the sequel. I'm a recent interview with Thompson on Hollywood, Knight had the following to say about WWZ2:
"I thought, 'why not? What fun.' It’s not quite like the other, we're starting with clean slate. When they've signed off we're on."
Does this mean they're starting from scratch and retelling the story of World War Z, or there was a previous idea for a sequel that's being scrapped and Knight has come up with something new?
My guess is the latter. Hollywood may be reboot crazy, but I don't think Pitt and company are looking to start over already.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-31, 01:07 AM   #29
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

World War Z Sequel Moving Forward With New Writer

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Dennis Kelly, creator of British conspiracy theory series Utopia, has been hired by Paramount Pictures to pen the next draft for the World War Z sequel. The first draft was penned by Steven Knight, the scribe behind Bradley Cooper's cooking-drama Burnt.
It wouldn't be a World War Z production without multiple screenwriters and some behind-the-scenes drams. The latest rumors involved J.A. Bayona (The Impossible), who has been set to direct the sequel since December of 2013. Word is, Universal checked in with him to direct the Jurassic World sequel since it appeared Paramount was dragging their feet with WWZ2. The interest in him was a wake-up call for Paramount to get WWZ2 moving forward and that is why Kelly was brought on board.
2013's World War Z was inundated with problems, like stopping production to rewrite an entirely new third act. At the end of the day, World War Z overcame all of its hurdles and earned $540M at the box office.

Unread 2016-01-12, 08:53 AM   #30
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Director Juan Antonio Bayona Exits Brad Pitt's WORLD WAR Z Sequel

Paramount & Plan B's upcoming sequel to the $540 million Brad Pitt-starring hit that was World War Z has lost its director. A new report has revealed that director Juan Antonio Bayona has decided to bow out due to scheduling conflicts. Come check it out!

In a shocking turn of events, Deadline is reporting that due to scheduling conflicts, director Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) has exited Paramount Pictures' & Plan B Entertainment's upcoming World War Z sequel, which stars Academy Award-winner Brad Pitt and has a script from Steven Knight (Pawn Sacrifice) & Dennis Kelly (Black Sea).

Paramount is eagerly trying to kick off production on World War Z 2 this summer in order to get it ready for its wide release in Summer 2017. Bayona is currently deep into post-production on his latest directorial venture A Monster Calls, which stars Liam Neeson (Taken) & Felicity Jones (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), and felt that he couldn't finish his commitments on that film before this summer when he would have had to shift gears to World War Z 2.

The studio released this statement to confirm his departure: “Bayona is no longer able to make World War Z 2 this year, and it is our ambition to do so. He is a wonderful director and we hope to work with him soon.

Expect the studio to actively start searching for a replacement and considering all of the seemingly insurmountable production difficulties the first installment had, this one seems relatively small in comparison.

Unread 2017-04-27, 08:11 AM   #31
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

FIGHT CLUB Director David Fincher Signs On To Helm Brad Pitt's WORLD WAR Z Sequel

After nearly seven months of negotiations, 2x Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher has officially signed on to helm Paramount's upcoming World War Z sequel! Come take a look!

Nearly seven months after it was initially reported, it looks like Brad Pitt finally got his guy as Variety has confirmed that David Fincher has officially closed his deal with Paramount Pictures to helm their upcoming World War Z sequel.

A production start date hasn't been given just yet, but the studio is reportedly eyeing January 2018.

The sequel to the 2013 sleeper hit has long been in development but over the past few years, has had to face a number of setbacks as it lost its original director J. A. Bayona (Jurassic World 2) in early 2016 and then was put on an indefinite hold this past February when Paramount removed it from their schedule entirely, due to Pitt's divorce proceedings. However, all seems to be back on track now and despite a release date not being given, if we were to make an educated guess, a summer 2019 release date is likely in the cards.

This will be Fincher's fourth collaboration with Pitt after Seven, Fight Club, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and will also be his first film project since 2014's Gone Girl. He's also well-known to audiences for directing Alien 3, The Game, Panic Room, Zodiac, The Social Network, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Also, while he's steered clear of films, Fincher did recently complete work on the pilot episode for his upcoming Netflix series Mindhunter, which is expected to debut this October.

Unread 2017-10-20, 12:27 PM   #32
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

World War Z 2 Won’t Be ‘An Excuse To Make a Movie’

David Fincher says his involvement with forthcoming sequel World War Z 2 is entirely dependent on the quality of the script. The original World War Z weathered a famously troubled production, where star Brad Pitt allegedly clashed with director Marc Forster and filming delays led to costly budget overruns.
The film even reshot its entire third act, resulting in an expensive battle sequence in Russia being completely removed. Despite World War Z’s well-publicized troubles, the film still ended up being a hit, and talk of a sequel soon popped up. J.A. Bayona signed on as director but departed in 2016 to helm Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom instead. People were surprised to hear David Fincher was circling the project in the months afterwards – and downright stunned when he officially signed on in June 2017.

Talk of World War Z 2 has been quiet since then. However, in a new interview with the Empire Podcast, Fincher briefly touched on the sequel’s status. When answering a question about his current projects, the director had this to say:

“I worked on a show for HBO that didn’t see the light of day and at the same time was doing [Mindhunter], and did [Mindhunter] and I’ve been working for about a year now with Dennis Kelly on World War Z…We’re hoping to get a piece of material that’s a reason to make a movie, not an excuse to make a movie.”

It sounds like Fincher won’t be moving ahead on the sequel until he’s has a story he’s happy with, so his involvement isn’t necessarily certain. It would be interesting to see what a filmmaker like Fincher would do with a mega-budget blockbuster, especially if he’s given creative control. The director’s last brush with a big franchise sequel was his debut feature Alien 3; given his nightmarish experience making that, his caution approaching World War Z 2 is understandable.
Hopefully, the sequel will also draw further inspiration from Max Brooks’ excellent source novel. World War Z used little of the book outside of the title and basic concept; a decision that disappointed fans of the novel and the author himself. There are so many fantastic sequences and characters ripe for cinematic adaptation. The original movie also suffered somewhat from its PG-13 rating, and this effort to tone down the gore ultimately made it feel a little tame.