Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-07-29, 05:02 AM   #1
grey89si
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 965
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 49
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default To all who ride motorcycles

http://www.kake.com/story/35999884/o...torcycle-crash

Got to see way more than I ever wanted to see of this hellish accident tonight, while leaving an autozone pretty much across from the scene, to get a brake light and tag light for my camaro. The media and the police didnt report much on the backstory behind what happened, but after talking with one of his friends tonight, and what I unfortunately saw, I can tell you he wasnt wearing any gear at all, he was making test hits on a busy city street, and he was going well over 100 mph when it happened.

I know a lot of people on here dont care much for the sportbike culture, and I cant say Im a huge enthusiast of it either, but I dont wish what happened to this guy on anyone. I especially feel sorry for his family right now, and the lady in the charger who was trying to cross lanes into traffic that he hit. She may not have been physically hurt, but theres going to be some emotional trauma from firsthand watching this guy hit her car, and then the pavement, literally like a bug on a windshield. I only caught a brief glimpse of the aftermath, before I got into my car after realizing what happened, and took an alleyway back to an unaffected city street, then my original location, a carshow that happens every friday at a nearby shopping mall.

I guess what I really want to say is, I really really hope that all you sportbike riders on here who see this realize, that I, and I can say most people on here for that matter, arent out to run you off the road like some of you think, and how others may troll. Sometimes its hard to see you until youre right upon us, depending on how fast youre going, and whether youre driving like a complete dumbass or not. But for your sake, please have the common sense to not race on busy city streets, gear or not, nobody wants to see you splattered on the road.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes snm95ls, Keboh liked this post
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 07:13 AM   #2
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,513
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 472
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 4043
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
http://www.kake.com/story/35999884/o...torcycle-crash

Got to see way more than I ever wanted to see of this hellish accident tonight, while leaving an autozone pretty much across from the scene, to get a brake light and tag light for my camaro. The media and the police didnt report much on the backstory behind what happened, but after talking with one of his friends tonight, and what I unfortunately saw, I can tell you he wasnt wearing any gear at all, he was making test hits on a busy city street, and he was going well over 100 mph when it happened.

I know a lot of people on here dont care much for the sportbike culture, and I cant say Im a huge enthusiast of it either, but I dont wish what happened to this guy on anyone. I especially feel sorry for his family right now, and the lady in the charger who was trying to cross lanes into traffic that he hit. She may not have been physically hurt, but theres going to be some emotional trauma from firsthand watching this guy hit her car, and then the pavement, literally like a bug on a windshield. I only caught a brief glimpse of the aftermath, before I got into my car after realizing what happened, and took an alleyway back to an unaffected city street, then my original location, a carshow that happens every friday at a nearby shopping mall.

I guess what I really want to say is, I really really hope that all you sportbike riders on here who see this realize, that I, and I can say most people on here for that matter, arent out to run you off the road like some of you think, and how others may troll. Sometimes its hard to see you until youre right upon us, depending on how fast youre going, and whether youre driving like a complete dumbass or not. But for your sake, please have the common sense to not race on busy city streets, gear or not, nobody wants to see you splattered on the road.


That sucks, but play stupid games and win stupid prizes.


I wouldn't expect anyone to shed a tear if it was me under a blanket either after crashing during a street race. It's the risk you take when making bad decisions.

RIP.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 10:19 AM   #3
bonecrusher
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: kansas
Posts: 14,874
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
http://www.kake.com/story/35999884/o...torcycle-crash

Got to see way more than I ever wanted to see of this hellish accident tonight, while leaving an autozone pretty much across from the scene, to get a brake light and tag light for my camaro. The media and the police didnt report much on the backstory behind what happened, but after talking with one of his friends tonight, and what I unfortunately saw, I can tell you he wasnt wearing any gear at all, he was making test hits on a busy city street, and he was going well over 100 mph when it happened.

I know a lot of people on here dont care much for the sportbike culture, and I cant say Im a huge enthusiast of it either, but I dont wish what happened to this guy on anyone. I especially feel sorry for his family right now, and the lady in the charger who was trying to cross lanes into traffic that he hit. She may not have been physically hurt, but theres going to be some emotional trauma from firsthand watching this guy hit her car, and then the pavement, literally like a bug on a windshield. I only caught a brief glimpse of the aftermath, before I got into my car after realizing what happened, and took an alleyway back to an unaffected city street, then my original location, a carshow that happens every friday at a nearby shopping mall.

I guess what I really want to say is, I really really hope that all you sportbike riders on here who see this realize, that I, and I can say most people on here for that matter, arent out to run you off the road like some of you think, and how others may troll. Sometimes its hard to see you until youre right upon us, depending on how fast youre going, and whether youre driving like a complete dumbass or not. But for your sake, please have the common sense to not race on busy city streets, gear or not, nobody wants to see you splattered on the road.

I kind of had wondered why the news was saying he "ran into the car" instead of the car "pulling out in front of him".

I figured there was other factors such as speed etc that might have been a part.

West street is pretty busy all the time and has a ton of entrances and exits for businesses. That would be one of the last places I would try to speed.

Kid was 20 I think.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 01:55 PM   #4
Pringle
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 3,638
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 328
Thanks (Received): 64
Likes (Given): 1668
Likes (Received): 261
Dislikes (Given): 727
Dislikes (Received): 95
Default

When you say no gear, helmet or no? News said they weren't sure if he was or not.
__________________
OnePlus 3
Petrosexual Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
If I had a son who wanted to plaid wrap a Cobalt I'd try to get lung cancer too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Don't hate because mommy and daddy bought me a faster car than yours. Put up or shut up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveobb4 View Post
Pringle, you know nothing of how i drive and treat my vehicles. This site is nothing more than a bunch of ricer d-bags.
Pringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 02:32 PM   #5
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 37,940
Post Thanks / Like
Default

These are the people who are responsible for attitudes like JWDBs, its hard to feel bas for them. When i hear about stuff like this i jist think "i hope they didnt hurt anyone."
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 04:45 PM   #6
84USNGT
 
84USNGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,651
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 187
Likes (Given): 975
Likes (Received): 945
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
but I dont wish what happened to this guy on anyone.
Nothing "happened" to this guy. He made a series of choices and did it to himself and others. Happenstance had no part in this individuals' circumstances.
__________________
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
84USNGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 05:18 PM   #7
LTe
 
LTe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kehlsteinhaus
Posts: 2,236
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 106
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 835
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

I know a gentleman who recently died in a motorcycle accident put in Wichita. Got hit by a car crossing the line, fortunately didn't get run over but he died like 4 hours later in the hospital. Internal bleeding took him out. He wasn't a sport bike guy, he liked Harley's. As far as sport bikes, most of the guys I have ever encountered that ride them are all cocky meat heads who snap the moment someone interacts with them in a way that they don't like. It's like they act first and think later. They usually ride around like they own the roads and it gets annoying.

I feel bad for the other people involved as he fucked up their day and their property.
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 05:50 PM   #8
grey89si
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 965
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 49
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringle View Post
When you say no gear, helmet or no? News said they weren't sure if he was or not.
As I stated above, the media and the police havent released much information about it for obvious legal reasons, one of his friends told me that the only time he even wore so much as a helmet was when he went to the track to run his bikes, and he was testing a bike he just built last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher
I kind of had wondered why the news was saying he "ran into the car" instead of the car "pulling out in front of him".

I figured there was other factors such as speed etc that might have been a part.

West street is pretty busy all the time and has a ton of entrances and exits for businesses. That would be one of the last places I would try to speed.

Kid was 20 I think.
Correct on all statements, pretty sure he was at the central and west car show with friends too. Ive seen people go flying down west st right by the car show every time they have it, be it bike or car. Hope they dont shut the friday night car show down because of it, but if they did Id understand why. West st as a whole is horrible place to speed at pretty much any location, and they still street race there off 29th S and West every weekend, despite some of the insane near misses Ive heard about, involving similar circumstances to this accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish
That sucks, but play stupid games and win stupid prizes.


I wouldn't expect anyone to shed a tear if it was me under a blanket either after crashing during a street race. It's the risk you take when making bad decisions.

RIP.
I agree with you, what bothers me is that I had to somewhat witness this, he wasnt under a blanket after this crash either, responders had a large tarp pretty much covering a driveway from what I was told. I dont understand why its so hard for some of them to just find an isolated industrial road or rural highway, instead of a busy city street. I know that some of his friends and the people who are regulars at the car show are on here, most of them dont post much, if at all though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84USNGT
Nothing "happened" to this guy. He made a series of choices and did it to himself and others. Happenstance had no part in this individuals' circumstances.
I agree with you if I made anything I said sound like this was happenstance, I guess a better way to redefine what I said, is that what happened to him is a direct result of failing to pay attention to his surroundings. As I stated earlier, I feel bad for what his family is going through, and what the 65 year old lady he hit might be going through right now.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 84USNGT liked this post
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 09:28 PM   #9
MymonteSS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Posts: 1,744
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 120
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

There have been a lot of bike deaths this year.
__________________
MymonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 11:03 PM   #10
bonecrusher
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: kansas
Posts: 14,874
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
I know a gentleman who recently died in a motorcycle accident put in Wichita. Got hit by a car crossing the line, fortunately didn't get run over but he died like 4 hours later in the hospital. Internal bleeding took him out. He wasn't a sport bike guy, he liked Harley's. As far as sport bikes, most of the guys I have ever encountered that ride them are all cocky meat heads who snap the moment someone interacts with them in a way that they don't like. It's like they act first and think later. They usually ride around like they own the roads and it gets annoying.

I feel bad for the other people involved as he fucked up their day and their property.
I am an adjuster down here. We honestly seem to get all the shit you see on the news accident wise. I have handled multiple fatality wrecks. Car vs any animal around, car vs bicycle (death), car vs people, vs pool, vs semi (death)... etc.
Thefts, burns, water, flood, hail ,etc etc.

Still take a 2nd look every time after seeing all the blood inside these vehicles.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-30, 05:22 AM   #11
grey89si
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 965
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 49
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

There was another bike accident tonight from a guy leaving the track, and a pretty nasty accident at the track in wichita tonight as well. Guy leaving the track on his bike gets on it after hitting the pavement outside the track, rearends a chevy pickup, DESTROYED his bike, and landed about 50 ft away in a pile of overgrowth, truck didnt fare well in the crash either. Cyclist suffered a broken arm and jaw, but his life was spared because his nephew supposedly insisted he wear a helmet instead of just goggles, at least he had the intelligence to listen at least a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher
I am an adjuster down here.
Just out of curiousity, have you heard of any "performance shops" that have been dealing with a lot of "hydrolocked" motors in the last few months in wichita? If so Ive been hearing a very interesting side to it..
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-30, 08:12 AM   #12
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,782
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 109
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 408
Likes (Received): 233
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

all these accidents/fatalities is exactly why I don't plan on getting another bike.
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes grey89si liked this post
torqueburner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-30, 10:04 AM   #13
bonecrusher
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: kansas
Posts: 14,874
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
There was another bike accident tonight from a guy leaving the track, and a pretty nasty accident at the track in wichita tonight as well. Guy leaving the track on his bike gets on it after hitting the pavement outside the track, rearends a chevy pickup, DESTROYED his bike, and landed about 50 ft away in a pile of overgrowth, truck didnt fare well in the crash either. Cyclist suffered a broken arm and jaw, but his life was spared because his nephew supposedly insisted he wear a helmet instead of just goggles, at least he had the intelligence to listen at least a little bit.

Just out of curiousity, have you heard of any "performance shops" that have been dealing with a lot of "hydrolocked" motors in the last few months in wichita? If so Ive been hearing a very interesting side to it..
I have not on the insurance end. Shoot me a PM with the shop name or some of the type of vehicles and I can see if the other local adjuster here has handled anything like that.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-30, 10:15 AM   #14
LTe
 
LTe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kehlsteinhaus
Posts: 2,236
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 106
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 835
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
all these accidents/fatalities is exactly why I don't plan on getting another bike.
It's not if you will go down, it's when you go down because they all do. Also how hard it is when you go down.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks 69Mach351 thanked for this post
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 01:58 AM   #15
grey89si
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 965
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 49
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
I have not on the insurance end. Shoot me a PM with the shop name or some of the type of vehicles and I can see if the other local adjuster here has handled anything like that.
You have a PM
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 10:24 PM   #16
bonecrusher
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: kansas
Posts: 14,874
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
You have a PM
thanks.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 02:02 PM   #17
BMc
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 749
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 103
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

A couple years ago I had just finished getting my Harley 883 to a point to which I really liked it (slammed, flat track, cafe concoction) and was just getting out and putting some miles on it. It was my first bike and I was only at the point where I was riding it on short outings here and there while getting comfortable with it. I grew up riding mopeds, dirt bikes and the occasional sport bike but nothing as heavy as a Harley, so I was taking my time. Not too long after getting the hang of it I had a woman pull right out in front of me and then stop in the middle of the road when she saw me when I was doing 40 or so. Mercifully I didn't yank the front brake but I locked up the rear the whole time and had the front skidding towards the end as a managed to stop about 5 feet from the car. I got lucky. 40 isn't exactly hauling ass but it would have sucked. I always rode in boots, leather/kevlar jacket, gloves and helmet. I slacked on the jeans part. Anyway, fast forward a month or so later I was driving out to a buddies house in my car and was following a guy on a bike about 100 yards ahead of me. A car did the exact same thing to him however he t-boned the car and went flying over the car. We were only going 45 and the bike just exploded into pieces and the guy had zero gear on. It was a block from the Lone Elm Softball Complex in Olathe so there was tons of cars around. All traffic stopped and people immediately swarmed in to help. I got out and within 25 of the guy I knew it was a fatality. It was bad. His head was split wide open.

I never rode my bike again. It sat in my garage for 2 years as an awesome garage ornament and then I eventually sold it. I was so excited to get into having a motorcycle and from that point on I never wanted to be that vulnerable to the attention, or lack there of, of others. I doubt I will ever get another bike again which kinda sucks.

Long story short, even if someone is riding perfectly within the speed limit minding their own business, someone else can end it all in a second.

Drive and ride safe out there.
__________________
2013 Ruby Red Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost w/ Titanium Package - The Barn
2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited - The Wife's car
1988 CRX Si B16/turbo - 1900 lbs + 11.2:1 + 18 psi = - The First Car
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks grey89si, torqueburner thanked for this post

Last edited by BMc; 2017-08-01 at 02:05 PM..
BMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 02:46 PM   #18
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2549
Likes (Received): 1708
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

I broke my back in several places after hitting a car going under 40 mph (not certain exactly how fast I was going at impact; I wasn't looking at the speedo). Bikes are dangerous as shit. Gotta respect them.

I won't stop riding though; the reward outweighs the risk to me.

EDIT: To add, I was wearing gear and a jacket with spine protector. Gear doesn't make you indestructible

Last edited by Keboh; 2017-08-01 at 05:35 PM..
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 04:22 PM   #19
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,699
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 941
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6531
Likes (Received): 2790
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
I broke my back in several places after hitting a car going under 40 mph (not certain exactly how fast I was going at impact; I wasn't looking at the speedo). Bikes are dangerous as shit. Gotta respect them.

I won't stop riding though; the reward outweighs the risk to me.
That's nuts.

Not sure I'd be able to ride again if I had the same e percent e.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 05:36 PM   #20
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2549
Likes (Received): 1708
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Bikes are fun as shit, man. If they kill me, so be it. I'd rather die like that that go out like a bitch
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 06:10 PM   #21
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,513
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 472
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 4043
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Bikes are fun as shit, man. If they kill me, so be it. I'd rather die like that that go out like a bitch

*stuttering bitch



It's definitely going to be the death of you
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 06:28 PM   #22
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,699
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 941
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6531
Likes (Received): 2790
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Bikes are fun as shit, man. If they kill me, so be it. I'd rather die like that that go out like a bitch
Yeah I get it. I used to tell all the cagers I work with that "I've lived more in my commute than you will in your life."

Then about 3 years ago I realized I needed to tone it down a notch.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Keboh, Corners liked this post
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-01, 09:29 PM   #23
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 37,940
Post Thanks / Like
Default

You definitely have to live with the knowledge that it can take you. Tomorrow a good friend is having his leg amputated due to a freak accident (backhoe swung into the road). Second in my inner circle.

But its tough to explain. He is getting a trike with a suicide shifter. Its love or hate. It either infects you or you just dont feel it.
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mild83, Keboh liked this post
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-02, 10:03 AM   #24
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,782
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 109
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 408
Likes (Received): 233
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

I would love to ride still.I give mad respect to anyone who has been in an accident and still rides, but I have to much to lose, and nothing more to gain from it.
I think I'll get back into stereo. loved the crowd and people you meet in that scene. Plus you still get to see nice cars.
I just had a custom built vented box made for my car last week. It's tuned around 32 hz. I'm finishing up installing mids and highs today. I'm hoping to hit around 145 db,maybe a little more.
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-02, 05:46 PM   #25
redlobster
 
redlobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wichita
Posts: 7,990
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 320
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Just witnessed another motorcycle wreck in wichita, 5 o'clock traffic. Couldn't tell if it was sport bike rider who was doing about 80 in a 60 and lane splitting in busy traffic or the older guy on the cruiser but whoever it was , was bloody on the pavement.
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org