Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Unread 2017-07-29, 09:25 AM   #1
seawolfxix

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 40
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Ex-Cop Sucker Punches Valet

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/V...437223143.html

Quote:
A dispute over a parking charge ended with a customer punching and knocking out a valet at a Fort Lauderdale resort, and the entire incident was caught on camera.

The incident happened Tuesday night at the Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort at 4060 Galt Ocean Drive and was captured on the hotel's surveillance video system.

Fort Lauderdale Police Department said it is aware of the incident.

The video shows valet Rudolph Rodriguez approached by hotel guest John Henry Kiernan outside the resort's front entrance. The two have a brief conversation before Kiernan suddenly punches Rodriguez in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Kiernan bends over Rodriguez and puts one of the valet's arms behind his back as a crowd forms around the men. Kiernan walks away and a woman comes and helps Rodriguez into a sitting position before the video ends.

"He punched my face and I don't remember nothing," Rodriguez said. "He punched me for no reason."

Rodriguez told NBC 6 that Kiernan was upset over an $18 valet charge. In a phone interview with NBC 6 Friday, Kiernan said the dispute was over the charge for a vehicle belonging to someone who he was hosting at the hotel.

Kiernan, who lives in central Florida, said Rodriguez was very disrespectful to him and his wife in front of his kids and that the valet told him he wanted to fight.

"I guess he finally got irritated and looked at me and said 'you are going to fight me,'" Kiernan said.

Fort Lauderdale Police responded to the hotel but didn't arrest the 37-year-old Kiernan, who told officers he was a former cop. Police said at this point it was a Misdemeanor Battery but Kiernan hasn't been charged. The department said it will wait on the State Attorney's Office to pursue charges.

Kiernan said from his experience as a law enforcement officer, he felt in danger for his safety and struck first. He said in hindsight it would have been better to stay in his truck but said he felt he acted appropriately.

"Based on everything I have dealt with in my life...and based on his body language, the way he spoke to me, I did feel he was going to go to physical contact," Kiernan said. "I didn't know if the guy had a weapon on him. So as soon as he said that I struck him one time and he went down."

The hotel's manager said Rudolph's injuries were serious enough that he had to be hospitalized.

"I want them to arrest this guy. I need justice to be done," hotel manager Nigel Blair said. "You just can't assault somebody and expect to just get away with it."
Stacking bodies like his Facebook cover photo: https://www.facebook.com/battletech.armory
seawolfxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 03:23 PM   #2
Oblique
Forum Idiot

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 778
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
Kiernan said from his experience as a law enforcement officer, he felt in danger for his safety and struck first. He said in hindsight it would have been better to stay in his truck but said he felt he acted appropriately.
"Based on everything I have dealt with in my life...and based on his body language, the way he spoke to me, I did feel he was going to go to physical contact," Kiernan said. "I didn't know if the guy had a weapon on him. So as soon as he said that I struck him one time and he went down."
They didn't even arrest him. What a fucking joke. And people wonder why there is a problem with trusting police right now.
Unread 2017-07-29, 03:31 PM   #3
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 479
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 4090
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
They didn't even arrest him. What a fucking joke. And people wonder why there is a problem with trusting police right now.

Yeah...because people like you and the OP here over sensationalize one in every million plus interactions police have with the public.

It's not the problem people like you'd like to make it out to be.
Unread 2017-07-29, 03:33 PM   #4
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6591
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

If he's ex police, why are you twats bitching about police?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 03:37 PM   #5
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
If he's ex police, why are you twats bitching about police?

Cmon man...you're smarter than that. It's obvious they didn't charge him because he's an ex-cop and they're covering for one of their own.

-Oblique
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 03:53 PM   #6
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6591
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Cmon man...you're smarter than that. It's obvious they didn't charge him because he's an ex-cop and they're covering for one of their own.

-Oblique
It's called discretion.

Just like when judges let indigent folks go after they pile up 20 tickets and late fees on warrants for not appearing, etc.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-29, 04:49 PM   #7
seawolfxix

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Yeah...because people like you and the OP here over sensationalize one in every million plus interactions police have with the public.

It's not the problem people like you'd like to make it out to be.
Excuse me? The only "sensationalizing" in my post is in reference to the "stack bodies" decal on his personal rifle (although now it appears that his FB page has been taken down). The rest is a direct copy/paste from a news article.
seawolfxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-30, 04:30 PM   #8
Spoolin4Door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I don't know FL state law, but in OK where I work state law does not allow us to arrest for A&B unless it is commited in our presense.
Unread 2017-07-30, 04:51 PM   #9
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a few more cops should get killed to at least justify the fact that they fear for their safety from an aggressive ladybug.
Unread 2017-07-30, 04:59 PM   #10
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolfxix View Post
Excuse me? The only "sensationalizing" in my post is in reference to the "stack bodies" decal on his personal rifle (although now it appears that his FB page has been taken down). The rest is a direct copy/paste from a news article.

Yup.

And of all the articles you chose to post in reference to law enforcement, you cherry picked one that makes the cops look bad.

Last edited by jwdb1fish; 2017-07-30 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: I'm dumb :(
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 08:36 AM   #11
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1960
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

I think what Oblique was getting at is there's a common perception from the public, that police are allowed a pass when it comes to a lot of offenses. This article tends to feed that perception.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 09:16 AM   #12
Corners

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 186
Likes (Given): 533
Likes (Received): 1138

He got punched with his hands in his pockets. What a joke. That guy needs to be arrested and charged. I can't believe they didn't arrest him in the first place and it takes video and public outcry to bring charges.
"We must love each other, show affection for each other and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans" - President Trump
Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 02:20 PM   #13
cecil89

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 12
Dislikes (Given): 1

I could only speculate as to why he is EX law enforcement, I am not a keyboard lawyer but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express
cecil89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 04:10 PM   #14
turboed

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 17
Dislikes (Received): 1

Strong piece of shit. Can afford to put a lift and pep boy wheels on his truck that has a loan, but can't fork out $18 which goes straight to the company. I ran into many fucks like him at Power and Douchebag district when I was a valet. That job was harder than waiting tables.

I always tip the valets well, even if I tell them I want to park it myself.

Last edited by turboed; 2017-07-31 at 04:12 PM..
turboed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-31, 05:09 PM   #15
Oblique
Forum Idiot

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 778
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Yep, totally sensationalized. It's not like there's basically sanctioned torture going on in PDs. Oh wait.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3636754/te...medium=Twitter